The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by sarkastik_devil@Jun 29th, 2004 - 6:03 am
Marta Louise and Ari Behn
Masako and Naruhito
Pavlos and Marie Chantal ( in my view they would not get a divorce :P )
I hate to be negative, but I have my doubts about Martha-Louise and Ari. I'm not saying that they are not in love, because I really do think that they are. It just seems to me that this would be a couple who would not have any qualms about divorcing. I hope for everybodys sake that they never divorce, and I would be saddened by it if they do, I just really think that for them, it is a possibility.

I agree with you on Pavlos or Marie-Chantal. It would not serve the best interest for either of them if they were to divorce. After all, who wants to lose their title, or all of their money. :P Naw, they'll be together forever.

Old 06-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Commoner

King Mohammed VI and Princess Lalla Salma

Old 07-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Gentry

king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia ...defenitly!
Old 07-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Gentry

King Mohammed VI and Princess Lalla Salma
Old 02-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Majesty

How could one know
Old 02-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Nobility

It's very interesting how many people thought Joachim and Alexandra would stay together...
Old 02-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Nobility

I just thought the same Tinika :)
I hope that all royals married for life but nothing and nobody can affect that. Only time will know
Old 02-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Nobility

- WA and Maxima
- Philipe and Mathilde
- Mary and Frederik
- Henri and Maria Teresa
- Carl Gustaf and Silva
- Marthä Louise and Ari Behn
- Haakon and Mette-Marit
Old 02-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Willem-Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands and Frederik and Mary of Denmark.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

But I am not so sure about Felipe and Letizia of Spain...I don't think she IS in love with him...
Old 02-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Nobility

I think is the other way vict....I think that Felipe is not in love for Letizia...because I seen only Letizia showing her love..not Felipe...
Old 02-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalian
I think is the other way vict....I think that Felipe is not in love for Letizia...because I seen only Letizia showing her love..not Felipe...
Sorry, but I can`t agree. If he wouldn`t be in love he didn`t get married with someone like Letizia. She is not the perfect candidate.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
I hate to be negative, but I have my doubts about Martha-Louise and Ari. I'm not saying that they are not in love, because I really do think that they are. It just seems to me that this would be a couple who would not have any qualms about divorcing. I hope for everybodys sake that they never divorce, and I would be saddened by it if they do, I just really think that for them, it is a possibility.
It's a very sad thought, because they are one of my favourite couples, but you are right.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Royal Highness

QEII and Philip are concrete.
Pavlos and MC
Mette Marit and Haakon
Mathilde and Phillippe (he would be an absolute fool to divorce her!)

Possibly not staying together:
Maxima and Wilhelm
Ari and MArtha Louise (I hope she gets a more suitable man if this is the case)
Felipe and Letizia
Frederick and Mary (I just hope he is not miserable already)

Will not stay together:
Emmanuelle and Clotilde
Old 02-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Gentry

I also think its pretty crazy how just a few months ago everyone had Joachim and Alexandra on their list for being together forever...it just goes to show how hard it all is to predict and that no one can really know what its like behind closed doors. I think for the most part though that most of the Crown Princes seem to be in really genuine marriages, so hopefully they'll all be together forever.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Reina]QEII and Philip are concrete.[QUOTE=Reina]

I agree with everyone that QEII and Prince Philip will never divorce. I don't necessarily think that it is because they are so in love, but rather that the Queen would never even consider divorce. First there is the issue that the monarch is the head of the church of England, and therefore can't be a divorced. Second, the Queen is women who is old fashioned and deeply tied to her duty. Maybe the Queen and Phillip are still in love and happy, but if they are not (its quite possible) then she would just stick it out. The Queen divorcing would cause a scandal similar to where Prince Edward abicated, and I don't think the Queen would ever want or allow that to happen.

That said heres my list:

Married for Life
-CP Hakkon & Mette-Marit
-CP Phillip & Mathlide
-CP Frederick & Mary
-CP Willem-Alexander & Maxima
-CP Pavlos & Marie-Chantel*

*Only because as someone already pointed out, she needs him for her title and he needs her for her father's fiancial contributions to the GRF

Divorced?
Martha-Louise & Ari Behn
CP Phillip & Letizica

note: I still can't believe P Jochiem & Alexandra are getting divorce. They seemed so in love. It just goes to show that in life nothing is certain
Old 02-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

That's funny, you just said "nothing is certain", then you go ahead and list married and divorced. Make up your mind.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Courtier

I think we all know that nothing is "certain," but it's still interesting to guess. Look how wrong many of us were with Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim. Also, the problems a few years back with Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik show us that even couples who have been together for long periods of time can still have their problems. QMII was very wise in saying that the younger generations typically expect things to work well all the time, but marriage is its own entity and people must work very hard to make marriage a success.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
That's funny, you just said "nothing is certain", then you go ahead and list married and divorced. Make up your mind.
I was merely listing couples who I believe (in my opinion) will stay married for life. I never said that it was "certain" that anyone of them would be together for life or get divorced. We are all making predictions about what we think will happen in the future, not stating certainties.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:12 AM
Nobility

I think: Pavlos and Marie Chantal of Greece
Astrid and Lorenz of Belgium
Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium
Cristina of Spain and Iñaki Urdangarin
Alexia of Greece and Carlos Morales
Hamzah and Noor of Jordan
Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein