The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2008, 03:26 PM

Oxenberg may call herself "Princess" but she is not. Her descent is through her mother, not her father, and under the laws of Yugoslavia, and presumably Serbia, she is a commoner, like her American father.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile View Post
I believe that Prince Nikolaos lived in New York City in the mid 90s- I recall reading an article that described his internship at Fox television. Soon after the internship was completed, his former co-workers were shocked to see him as the best man at Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's wedding. Apparently, he had not let anyone know his background!

Eliza
Prince Nikolaos also studied and graduated from Brown University in RI.
His sister Theodora also studied and graduated from Brown.
CP Pavlos and Prince Philipos studied and graduated from Georgetown U in the DC area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizahawthorne View Post
Princess Noor of Jordan studied in Emerson College
Prince Hamzah of Jordan was a student at Harvard
Prince Hashem of Jordan was a student at duke and the switched to georgetown
Princess Raiyyah and Iman of Jordan also studied in the US
so did King Abdallah
and I believe also Prince Faisal
Queen Noor, before she became a queen lived primarily in the US and she has a home here...she's often still to be found in the US
Some Suadi Royals also acquired their education in the US
Queen Noor of Jordan graduated from Princeton University in NJ She studied and graduated with a degree in Architecture.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandirs View Post
Oxenberg may call herself "Princess" but she is not. Her descent is through her mother, not her father, and under the laws of Yugoslavia, and presumably Serbia, she is a commoner, like her American father.
You are correct. She is not a princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
Hereditary Prince Peter of Yugoslavia was born in Chicago while his brothers the twin princes Philip and Alexander were born in Fairfax, Virginia; but they now live in Belgrad with their family.
Prince Michael of Bourbon and his wife live in the southeast part of Florida.
Her two sons by Prince Alexandre of Yugoslavia live in New York
The son of the Shah of Iran lives somewhere well protected presumably in northern Virginia.
The Shahbanou has a home in CT and one near her son in the VA area.
Prince Frederick of Danemark studied in Harvard U in Boston Ma.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Weren't Pavlos and Felipe roommates in college?
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

"Roomates" is a figure of speach. They were living in an apartment off campus on Reservoir Road in the Georgetown area of Washington DC
Old 07-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Courtier

Crown Prince Haakon of Norway attended The University of Southern California in the U.S.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 07-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I have heard that the Saudi royal family has a home in Los Angeles that several of the children have lived in at one time or another. I am not sure of how true this is, but I have seen the home and it is quite grand and looks like it is fit for royalty.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
Maybe it's because in the U.S they can actually, maybe be a little annonymous, I see nothing wrong with the U.S as I live in it and there is a lot of culture here, that's why they call it the melting pot of the world. Theprincess have you ever visited the United States?
I agree- the U.S. has many positive attributes to bring many people here and it is also one of the largest countries in the world. Europe may have a longer history, but the U.S. is just as nice, IMO.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-14-2008, 07:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star View Post
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway attended The University of Southern California in the U.S.
He actually went to University of California at Berkeley, not USC. Check his biography: kongehuset.no - His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

Ashraf

Hi,

I believe Princess Ashraf of Iran lives on the Upper East Side of NYC.
She is the twin sister of the late Shah; born in 1919.

I wonder if she sees or is still 'in touch' with the Empress or her nephew and his family?

Larry
Old 07-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

this is a very interesting thread thanks for everybody's input
IMO it would be cool to go to school in a country no one knows "who you are", and most don't, to be honest, really care. After growing up in a "world that is always watching and photographing", to become an anonymous person, to meet people without an "agenda", explore who you are without the trappings... it seems a very valuable learning experience.
i believe prince frederik in an interview (paraphrasing) he went to school as "fred henrickson" (son of henri, or something like that) and as he heard the rumors there were foreign princes attending school, would agree and say "i heard that too". if you want to keep a low profile and blend in, American's will let you, if you don't tell call attention to yourself or show up where photographers are going to hang out i can pretty much promise for better or worse, most people would be mildly interested but not be able to find their country on a map ( i know,i know) my point being, most are going to judge, accept and welcome you on your own merits
Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Princess Marie-Christine of Belgium (daughter of Leopold III and Princess Lilian) lives in California.
And I think that Prince Reza of Iran lives in Connecticut, but I'm not sure.
Andrea Casiraghi and one of his Hannover stepbrothers study/live in New York.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy

Martha-Louise and Ari Behn lived in New York for a brief time with their two daughters a few years ago.

Mabel of Oranje-Nassau lived in the U.S. while interning at the U.N.

Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia lives (full or part-time) in NYC.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Marie of Denmark lived and worked in New York City for awhile --- I think that she also attended a college near New York City
Marie Astrid of Luxembourg lived for awhile in the USA with her new husband in the early 1980's (I'm pretty sure - I think that she was taking nursing classes?)
Princess Chantal of France also live in New York City with her husband and her children (the kids were young then)

Oh yes, don't forget the dear old Duke and Duchess of Windsor who spent part of every year living in New York City at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel and often traveled to Florida to stay in Palm Beach with friends.
They would always cross the Atlantic by ship with their famous black pug dogs and literally tons of luggage!
Old 07-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Gentry

Hi Odette,
Can you tell me where you spotted sightings of Prince Michel de Bourbon down here in southeast Florida? I think they may have been seen at some social functions in Palm Beach County but never heard of them being full-time resident there. For some reason I thought they were living in France. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

Royals in New York City?

Just curious- anyone know of any European Royal Family members visiting New York City this fall or next spring? I always read about King So-and-So visiting, the day after the visit!

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Maxima and prince Willem-Alexander will be there in september, and prince Amedeo (Belgium) moved to New York somewhere in august
Old 09-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Frederik has just been to New York.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Queen Rania of Jordan and Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, Prince Albert of Monaco, and The Crown Prince and Princess of Norway (Haakon and Mette Marit) were there this week for the Clinton Initiative and the UN Happenings.

I expect Crown Princess Maxima will be a frequent visitor to NYC due to her new position with the UN. Although she does have a family and responsibilties in the Netherlands, a lot can be done remotely.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Weren't Maxima and W-A in NY for a W-A's cousins' wedding?