Royals Living In The U.S.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
theprincess said:
I believe Prince Carl Phillip of Sweden spent a year at a boarding school in Conneticut

Sidenote: I think it is very ironic that so many royals have either lived or attend university in the US. IMO Europe is so much more glamous and full of culture then North America. But I guess many Europeans, including royals, find the US interesting

Excuse me, but, the United States is full of culture and glamour. That is why so many Europeans travel here and were obsessed with our soap operas, ie: Dynasty and Dallas.

Many people find the the diversity of my country fascinating to visit just as many Americans find Europe fascinating to visit.

Remember to please respect each other's countries and continents. ;)

Originally Posted by theprincess
I believe Prince Carl Phillip of Sweden spent a year at a boarding school in Conneticut

Sidenote: I think it is very ironic that so many royals have either lived or attend university in the US. IMO Europe is so much more glamous and full of culture then North America. But I guess many Europeans, including royals, find the US interesting

Lady Marmalade said:
Excuse me, but, the United States is full of culture and glamour. That is why so many Europeans travel here and were obsessed with our soap operas, ie: Dynasty and Dallas.

Many people find the the diversity of my country fascinating to visit just as many Americans find Europe fascinating to visit.

Remember to please respect each other's countries and continents. ;)
I apologize if my comment offended you or anyone else. I was just trying to say that in my opinion I find Europe to be more interesting because of its vast history and the deep culture that has appeared there. As a Canadian who travels to the US several times a year, I was not trying to insult the US or its culture. I just wanted to point out the differences between culture there and in Europe. I agree that it important to respects each the cultures of each country.

Princess Stephanie use to live in the States but never heard of Caroline being here she studied in Paris as did Stephanie why Grace lived there with her daughters and Albert lived and studied in Monaco with his father.

Albert also lived in New York City for a while when working at Morgan Guarantee Trust in 1983 and the winter of 1985 working for Rogers & Wells.

There was a Princess of the Netherlands living in New Port Richey, Florida.

Hawaii still has Royals You can find information on them http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f75/royal-family-hawaii-897.html

Princess Firyal of Jordan lives in New York. She was married to King Hussein's brother.

Last edited:
So I heard from my dad that someone he works with says that they live in the same neighborhood as a royal. He thinks its a son of a king or someone high up there. Does anyone know if a royal lives in Tucson, Arizona or at least has a house out here? If someone could at least point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Princess Firyal is very big on the New York society scene.

Prince Haakon went to USC Berkeley for his undergrad if memory serves me correctly.

And I believe one or two sons of the current Crown Prince of Yugoslavia were born in Chicago!

That, by U.S. law, makes them have dual U.S. citizenship....unless they have already renounced it..

Lady Marmalade said:
And I believe one or two sons of the current Crown Prince of Yugoslavia were born in Chicago!

Hereditary Prince Peter of Yugoslavia was born in Chicago while his brothers the twin princes Philip and Alexander were born in Fairfax, Virginia; but they now live in Belgrad with their family.

Oxenberg may call herself "Princess" but she is not. Her descent is through her mother, not her father, and under the laws of Yugoslavia, and presumably Serbia, she is a commoner, like her American father.

I believe that Prince Nikolaos lived in New York City in the mid 90s- I recall reading an article that described his internship at Fox television. Soon after the internship was completed, his former co-workers were shocked to see him as the best man at Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal's wedding. Apparently, he had not let anyone know his background!

Eliza
Prince Nikolaos also studied and graduated from Brown University in RI.
His sister Theodora also studied and graduated from Brown.
CP Pavlos and Prince Philipos studied and graduated from Georgetown U in the DC area.

Princess Noor of Jordan studied in Emerson College
Prince Hamzah of Jordan was a student at Harvard
Prince Hashem of Jordan was a student at duke and the switched to georgetown
Princess Raiyyah and Iman of Jordan also studied in the US
so did King Abdallah
and I believe also Prince Faisal
Queen Noor, before she became a queen lived primarily in the US and she has a home here...she's often still to be found in the US
Some Suadi Royals also acquired their education in the US

Queen Noor of Jordan graduated from Princeton University in NJ She studied and graduated with a degree in Architecture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxenberg may call herself "Princess" but she is not. Her descent is through her mother, not her father, and under the laws of Yugoslavia, and presumably Serbia, she is a commoner, like her American father.

You are correct. She is not a princess.

Hereditary Prince Peter of Yugoslavia was born in Chicago while his brothers the twin princes Philip and Alexander were born in Fairfax, Virginia; but they now live in Belgrad with their family.

Prince Michael of Bourbon and his wife live in the southeast part of Florida.
Her two sons by Prince Alexandre of Yugoslavia live in New York
The son of the Shah of Iran lives somewhere well protected presumably in northern Virginia.
The Shahbanou has a home in CT and one near her son in the VA area.
Prince Frederick of Danemark studied in Harvard U in Boston Ma.

Weren't Pavlos and Felipe roommates in college?

"Roomates" is a figure of speach. They were living in an apartment off campus on Reservoir Road in the Georgetown area of Washington DC

Crown Prince Haakon of Norway attended The University of Southern California in the U.S.

I have heard that the Saudi royal family has a home in Los Angeles that several of the children have lived in at one time or another. I am not sure of how true this is, but I have seen the home and it is quite grand and looks like it is fit for royalty.

Maybe it's because in the U.S they can actually, maybe be a little annonymous, I see nothing wrong with the U.S as I live in it and there is a lot of culture here, that's why they call it the melting pot of the world. Theprincess have you ever visited the United States?

I agree- the U.S. has many positive attributes to bring many people here and it is also one of the largest countries in the world. Europe may have a longer history, but the U.S. is just as nice, IMO.

Ashraf

Hi,

I believe Princess Ashraf of Iran lives on the Upper East Side of NYC.
She is the twin sister of the late Shah; born in 1919.

I wonder if she sees or is still 'in touch' with the Empress or her nephew and his family?

Larry

this is a very interesting thread:flowers: thanks for everybody's input
IMO it would be cool to go to school in a country no one knows "who you are", and most don't, to be honest, really care. After growing up in a "world that is always watching and photographing", to become an anonymous person, to meet people without an "agenda", explore who you are without the trappings... it seems a very valuable learning experience.
i believe prince frederik in an interview (paraphrasing) he went to school as "fred henrickson" (son of henri, or something like that) and as he heard the rumors there were foreign princes attending school, would agree and say "i heard that too".:cool: if you want to keep a low profile and blend in, American's will let you, if you don't tell call attention to yourself or show up where photographers are going to hang out:whistling: i can pretty much promise for better or worse, most people would be mildly interested but not be able to find their country on a map :)bang: i know,i know) my point being, most are going to judge, accept and welcome you on your own merits

Princess Marie-Christine of Belgium (daughter of Leopold III and Princess Lilian) lives in California.
And I think that Prince Reza of Iran lives in Connecticut, but I'm not sure.
Andrea Casiraghi and one of his Hannover stepbrothers study/live in New York.

Martha-Louise and Ari Behn lived in New York for a brief time with their two daughters a few years ago.

Mabel of Oranje-Nassau lived in the U.S. while interning at the U.N.

Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia lives (full or part-time) in NYC.

Marie of Denmark lived and worked in New York City for awhile --- I think that she also attended a college near New York City
Marie Astrid of Luxembourg lived for awhile in the USA with her new husband in the early 1980's (I'm pretty sure - I think that she was taking nursing classes?)
Princess Chantal of France also live in New York City with her husband and her children (the kids were young then)

Oh yes, don't forget the dear old Duke and Duchess of Windsor who spent part of every year living in New York City at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel and often traveled to Florida to stay in Palm Beach with friends.
They would always cross the Atlantic by ship with their famous black pug dogs and literally tons of luggage!

Hi Odette,
Can you tell me where you spotted sightings of Prince Michel de Bourbon down here in southeast Florida? I think they may have been seen at some social functions in Palm Beach County but never heard of them being full-time resident there. For some reason I thought they were living in France. Thanks.

Royals in New York City?

Just curious- anyone know of any European Royal Family members visiting New York City this fall or next spring? I always read about King So-and-So visiting, the day after the visit!

Thanks.

Princess Maxima and prince Willem-Alexander will be there in september, and prince Amedeo (Belgium) moved to New York somewhere in august :flowers:

Prince Frederik has just been to New York. :)

Queen Rania of Jordan and Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, Prince Albert of Monaco, and The Crown Prince and Princess of Norway (Haakon and Mette Marit) were there this week for the Clinton Initiative and the UN Happenings.

I expect Crown Princess Maxima will be a frequent visitor to NYC due to her new position with the UN. Although she does have a family and responsibilties in the Netherlands, a lot can be done remotely.

Weren't Maxima and W-A in NY for a W-A's cousins' wedding?

Back
Top Bottom