Royals Living In Australia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Margrethe II

Courtier
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Now, I know this isn't about the states, but I wasn't sure where to post that's all (sorry everyone :eek: ). If moderators want this moved, please do so...

Peoples with direct imperial & royal lineage living in Australia are those who hold direct descent of the Imperial Family of Romanova, the Royal Family of Borbón Two-Sicilies and the Royal Family of France (Borbón line through Louis XVIII).

"MII"

Last edited:
Though not Royal (but certainly connected), we have swaths of Junker down here in Melbourne Margrethe II. About 4 Grafs that I am in cintact with, another handful of Barons (Freiherren), a Ritter or two...

Australia has remained quite a desirable location for a combination of reigning and non-reigning families to holiday, educate and reside because of the relative isolation they recieve here than in their homelands. Many non-reigning families have also sought safety within Australian borders, but also freedom from press interest etc.
As to the nobility, naturally many (particularly those I elluded to earlier), have lost large amounts of their property and looked to Australia to begin a new life.

I believe I read somewhere that the deposed Imperial family of Mexico, the Haspburg-Iturbide, reside in Australia.

Very interesting Toledo. I'm not suprised.

As mentioned on one of the Russian Royal family threads, Prince Michael Andrejevitch also resides in Australia and has done for many years.

Though I am loathed to post it, Michael Abney-Hastings , 14th Earl of Loudoun is a descendant of HM King Edward III. The rubbish about his claim aside, he is still a descendant of the House of Plantagenet, and resides in New South Wales, Australia.

I read about him months ago. He was just trying to get some free publicity, besides, a big chunk of Europe's nobility or royalty can have that claim too, incluiding the so called Princess Hoenstauffen who has a site to support her multiple claims.

wow i never knew that some royals come here. I wonder why they are not really talked about. I will now be on the royal lookout :)

Toledo said:
I read about him months ago. He was just trying to get some free publicity, besides, a big chunk of Europe's nobility or royalty can have that claim too, incluiding the so called Princess Hoenstauffen who has a site to support her multiple claims.
who is she? and what was her claim? =)

hillary_nugent said:
who is she? and what was her claim? =)

I'll track down the link I book marked on her website and I'll PM it to you. She is just another peculiar aristocrat that has revived the Hoenstauffen name from her family tree (she, disturbed as she looks, is the real thing) the way other members of nobility do: if you descend from a high ranking royal, even on the female branch, then they find and recycle an extinguished name on the male line. But so many Royals descend from so many major players in history anyone could do the same. For example, one of the links I had in another pc that I have been unnable to find yet is on Malta's nobility that states Fabiola of Belgium's lineage is traced to the Byzantine emperors. Little did I know such a nice and quite profile lady as Fabiola had such a mega historical background. Same goes for the ever amussing Princess Michael of Kent who descends from the Medici and the Valois, among other Houses.

Last edited:
Toledo said:
I believe I read somewhere that the deposed Imperial family of Mexico, the Haspburg-Iturbide, reside in Australia.

Is this supposed to be offspring of Emperor Maximilan and Empress Carlota? If so, the only child that Charlotte ever got was adopted by a french couple, and is known as WWI general Weyland. He never used Habsburg as las name though.

Toledo said:
Augustin de Iturbide was Emperor of Mexico 1822-23. His grandson, also named Augustin, was adopted by Maximilian and Carlota and formally named as heir in 1865 (at the age of two). He died in Washington DC in 1925.

Hillary_nugent, check out your PM, I just sent you the link on the Princess Yasmin von Hohenstaufen. She is a real princess. But scroll down and check out why I said she is kind of disturbed in an excentric way :rolleyes:

:) Hi Warren,
I was also checking my PDFs on royal data, (scroll down to Baroness Doña Maria Gizella Josepha Erna Isabella de Tunkl-Yturbide) a large number of the Iturbides are living in several towns in Australia. They are the descendants that mixed with Austro-Hungarian nobility during the Austro-Hungarian empire era late 19th century.

Here is more The Iturbide Dynasty, in the middle of the page are the ones in Australia, The other names have the title of Prince/Princess to their names
http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Mexico/mexico3.htm

Last edited:
Thank you Toledo. :)
if only more royal websites were of such high quality as the Iturbide!

Warren said:
Thank you Toledo. :)
if only more royal websites were of such high quality as the Iturbide!

I know, I'm kind of embarrased by the Spanish Royal family official website when compared to so many nice sites around like that one above or the Borbon-Two Sicilies and Borbon-Parma sites. You would think with all the money they have they could at least budget a reconstruction of the official site to something more 'genealogical' and historical' like the Iturbide's. The spanish site should be made in collaboration not just with public relations agents but with the unlimited amount of royal historians, artists etc that are around. Imagine a site not just to learn what they are doing today but full of essays on pdfs about each and every character in the family, maps, pdfs on palace floor plans, city planning through the ages, anecdotes, etc. Also, with sub links to the nobility, their titles and origins etc.
Maybe one day the Royals will shop for a better deal if they redo the site.

Warren, I'll PM you in a minute a link that has a ton of Royal links that will kep you busy all weekend :) . I found it minutes ago when looking for the Iturbide links. Then I'll go since I am changing my laptop connections to the new cable super speed so I'll have to log off.

Last edited:
Are there any royalty in or coming soon to Sydney?

I was wondering if there are any royalty living in Australia, or attending uni, or coming soon to visit. I remember the princes of yugoslavia came to Sydney for a visit. Anyone else?

Royals living in Australia (Lawrie's 2008 request for updates)

I have just joined this site and I'm fascinated to see if anyone has anthing additional to what has been posted below. I'm keen to draw up a proper list of people of royal lineage from around the world who happen to be living in Australia. Any suggestions most welcome. Lawrie

Links

Warren, I'll PM you in a minute a link that has a ton of Royal links that will kep you busy all weekend :) . I found it minutes ago when looking for the Iturbide links. Then I'll go since I am changing my laptop connections to the new cable super speed so I'll have to log off.

Hi Toledo,

I am sure that we'd all be interested in some of these links! There is a thread about favourite links.

Best,
Attaining Grace
bookaddiction

The last Nizam of hyderabad lives in Australia too

SBS documentary

Hello,
I am a producer on a program on SBS, and I am researching a potential story on the experience of royalty living in Australia. I am looking to tell powerful, personal stories. If anyone knows how I can get in contact with any royals in Australia who may be suitable, please let me know. You can personal message me if you like.
Many thanks,
Rani

Hallo, fine to hear from somebody ( even as a small number of noble people seem to live in Australia. I have asked in this Royal Form for people to come forward to set up a group. Why we should hide our history? I hope that more people are coming forward to demonstrate what is behind to be born as a noble person. Two years I was in the Kingdom of Georgia and was honoured by His Highness Crown Prince Nugzar to become a member of the Royal Order of the Crown of the Georgian Kingdom to bear the title His Honour Knight
Hopefully to hear from somebody

SIR Klaus KGK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom