Royals Growing Old Gracefully

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Some of these people, who've been mentioned before, are not old; but growing older gracefully...

My choices are:
1) Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone (died 1981)
2) Queen Fabiola of Belgium
3) Princess Lillian of Sweden
4) Queen Elizabeth II

Larry

Princess Alexandra, & from the pics I have seen her mother, Princess Marina, aged gracefully too.

Queen Elizabeth is number one for me. She looks always very pretty and elegant. She have realy beautiful skin and smile. She is such unbelievable, she looks realy wonderful for her age.

Someone I forgot to mention who really seems to have become better and better with the years is Princess Muna of Jordan.

I agree with you re: Princess Muna. She looks spectacular.

Also, in no particular order:

Empress Farah
Elizabeth II of England
Katherine Kent
Caroline of Monaco

It's got to be QEII for me.
Followed by Caroline of Monaco, Fabiola, Farah, Noor.

I think my vote goes to Caroline of Monaco, who is still so beautiful and elegant, and also Queen Fabiola of Belgium.

Last edited by a moderator:
My choices in order:

1. Queen Sonja
2. Princess Alexandra of Kent
3. Duchess of Gloucester
4. Duchess of Kent
5. Queen Elizabeth
6. Duchess of Cornwall
7. Princess Anne

1. Prince Michael of Kent
2. Prince Charles

I went with only those over 65.

I selected those over 65.

My choice in order:

1. Queen Sonja
3. Duchess of Gloucester
4. Duchess of Kent
5. Queen Elizabeth II
6. Duchess of Cornwall

1. King Michael of Rominia
2. Prince Philip
3. Prince Michael of Kent
4. Prince Charles

Last edited:
Princess Grace aged so well!

My choices in order:

1. Queen Sonja
3. Duchess of Gloucester
4. Duchess of Kent
5. Queen Elizabeth
6. Duchess of Cornwall
7. Princess Anne

1. Prince Michael of Kent
2. Prince Charles

I went with only those over 65.
'

Princess Anne is only 63 at the moment.

Prince Philip, who turns 93 this summer, still looks incredibly well. I wouldn't call a 93 year old handsome but you can still see the good looks he's been sporting during his life.

I felt in Rome that he was looking both old and fragile - he reminded me of the way my father was in the weeks and months before he died. My father was reasonably healthy but slow and stooped - a lot like Philip is looking. He passed away quietly in his sleep one night - no illness, no dramas just went to sleep and didn't wake up. I can see that happening to Philip one day.

Funny, I thought that in Rome he looked best compared to recent months, back to old spirits. But I agree about the rest, at some point we are all going to die and almost 93 is really, really old, although Philip is still incredibly fit for that age, physically & mentally. It can happen any day, and I belive in Philip's case it will happen just as you said. Philip once said that he didnt want to become as old as Queen Mum, but we'll see what's his fate will be.

To me 100 % Princess Margriet - Van Vollenhoven of the Netherlands

I agree on Prince Philip. He's looking remarkable for his age. One of my relatives is eighty six, and I know that she wouldn't be able to go on most of the engagements that Philip attends due to health issues.

Other royals whom I think have aged gracefully are:

- Princess Caroline of Monaco
- Queen Silvia of Sweden
- Elizabeth II
- The late Princess Lilian of Sweden
- Princess Alexandra, The Hon. Lady Ogilvy
- Queen Sofia of Spain
- Queen Margrethe of Denmark

Princess Grace aged so well!

She never really aged, since she died in middle age at only 52. :sad:But I am certain she would come to terms with aging gracefully and well, just like she handled everything in life.

Queen Silvia of Sweden is a great example of someone who grew old gracefully.

for me from the current royals having aged gracefully the ones that come to mind are:
Q.Elizabeth II
P.Benedikte of Denmark
Q.Anne-Marie of Greece

Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain
Queen Silvia of Sweden
Queen Margrethe of Dänemark

Prince Philipp of Great Britain
Prince Charles
King Karl XVI. Gustav of Sweden

Queen Sonja
Princess Alexandra
Queen Elizabeth
The Duchess of Gloucester
Queen Anne Marie
Queen Sofia
Queen Margarethe (her teeth are horrible though)
Empress Michiko

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Is the question who still looks good for their age? Or who aged and lost their looks with dignity?
I will say that those who look good for their age: Prince Frederik, Prince Haakon has actually gotten better looking as he ages, Princess Mary, Countess of Wessex, Prince Andrew, Queen Maxima, Queen Letizia, Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustav,
Also want to say that seeing Kate age from 2004/2005 to 2017 she looks older but still beautiful which we can't say for her husband.

Is the question who still looks good for their age? Or who aged and lost their looks with dignity?
I will say that those who look good for their age: Prince Frederik, Prince Haakon has actually gotten better looking as he ages, Princess Mary, Countess of Wessex, Prince Andrew, Queen Maxima, Queen Letizia, Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustav,
Also want to say that seeing Kate age from 2004/2005 to 2017 she looks older but still beautiful which we can't say for her husband.

:previous::previous:Agree!

The royal, I believe, that has aged the most gracefully is Queen Silvia. Second for me is CP Mary and Duchess of Cambridge. Both women doesn't hide the fact they're in their in mid-40's and mid-30's, respectively. It's quite refreshing

the one that truly has aged the most gracefully in my opinion is Queen sofia of spain, I think that comes from her mother who also aged gracefully.

another one is Queen rania.

Aged gracefully:
Queen Sonja
Queen Sofia
Queen Elizabeth
Princess Beatrix
Princess Margriet
Princess Astrid of Norway
Princess Christina of Sweden
Princess Caroline
Crown princess Victoria

Princess Lilian aged wonderfully.

The most graceful ageing monarch, not afraid to show her vulnerability in full light:

picture (click one or twice on the pic to blow up to XXL).

The picture was made by Stephan Vanfleteren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom