Royals' Favourite Music and Singers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Prince Charles is an Opera Fan, and his favourite opera singer is Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, who sang at his and Diana's wedding.

Eliza

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Princes William and Harry of Wales at least used to like Eminem and before that the Spice Girls. I hear the Harry now likes Outkast.
I can remember reading Prince William was also a fan of the girlband All Saints.

Claire said:
I remember reading that Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex was avid fan of Peter Gabriel in his Genesis years and after. (Which is odd because the Queen still hired Elton John to play at his 21st) But I hear he is now a friend of Harry Connick Jnr. Not certain he is a fan.

Sophie, apparently was very much into that 1980's punk rock thing. Dire Straits, Duran Duran, ect. Don't know who she listens to now.
Prince Edward was also a fan of Abba.

and I thought that nobody listened to Fado anymore these days :) I actually became interested in her due to prince Bernhard, but now I love her music very much, and the fado on the whole, very emotional music.

Amalia gave a few private performances for the prince (and his guests).
In an interview before their wedding with the childrens-news Willem-Alexander and Maxima stated that they prefered JLO ver Mariah Carey. HM the Queen and the late Prince Claus are great admirors of Bach. Queen Sophia likes GF. Handel I believe.

Marengo said:
and I thought that nobody listened to Fado anymore these days :) I actually became interested in her due to prince Bernhard, but now I love her music very much, and the fado on the whole, very emotional music.

Amalia gave a few private performances for the prince (and his guests).
That´s cool. A good topic perhaps: "How Royals or Royalty changed your views on things or inspired you to listen to new music or become interested in a new land and so forth".

Prince Charles like Motown music , Diana Ross and the Supremes especially.

I have read somewhere that CP Letizia likes opera and rock music. Her favourite bands were "Queen", "Pink Floyd" and "U2".

HMQueenElizabethII said:
I think Queen Elizabeth II usually listens to classical music.

I'm quite sure that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, and Her late Royal Highness Princess Margaret, is/was very fond of Brahms. Such soothing and calm music, and with them both playing piano in their childhood, a large selection of their music was Brahms.

Back in her teenage days Princess Stephanie was a very big fan of Police and Earth Wind and Fire.
Later she always liked Peter Gabriel, Rod Steward, Stevie Wonder,Michael Jackson and french singer Jean-Jacques Goldman.

She once said she likes hardly everything except Heavy Metal ( which is the prefered music style of her nephews).

royal005 said:
Prince Charles like Motown music , Diana Ross and the Supremes especially.

suprising. That is great news if true. Motown has great music that transends decades. I just can't see charles bopping along to a old Smoky robinson or Temptations or jackson 5 songs. It would make for a funny picture

Harry's polo shirt said:
don't will and harry like dance music.

I read somewhere that Will( not sure about harry) but wills said that he loves R&B & Jazz & some hip hop music.

I have heard that Prince William likes Eminem. Wonder what Charles thinks of that???:p :confused: :eek:

Panther2000 said:
suprising. That is great news if true. Motown has great music that transends decades. I just can't see charles bopping along to a old Smoky robinson or Temptations or jackson 5 songs. It would make for a funny picture

ahahahaha I just pictured that!!:D :D For some reason I can only see him shaking his booty and making thumbs up signs!:eek:

Will and Harry both like Eminem. Wasn't it about a year ago they wanted to go to a concert but they weren't allowed because of Eminems derogatory lyrics?

sebastian said:
Back in her teenage days Princess Stephanie was a very big fan of Police and Earth Wind and Fire.
Later she always liked Peter Gabriel, Rod Steward, Stevie Wonder,Michael Jackson and french singer Jean-Jacques Goldman.

She once said she likes hardly everything except Heavy Metal ( which is the prefered music style of her nephews).

Heavy metal! :eek: Yay Pierre and Andrea... This isn't fact but I think Andrea also likes reggae and bob marley. He used to have these rastafari-colored beads as a necklace and bracelets. Its possible he just likes their designs but most (all actually) people i know who wear these sort of stuff are reggae fans.:)

for those who are want to know more about fado is that fado is a portuguese tradicional music as the tango is for the argentina people. Amalia Rodrigues was the greatest portuguese singer not only in fado and now she has died thre's a new 'star' of fado Mariza who won 2 or more internacional awards like the bbc and the worl music, the feelings of fado is just like the feeling of tango we can dance tango listening fado

Willem-Alexander and Máxima like U2 and Solomon Burke (they went to concerts). Esspecially Willem-Alexander loves jazz, I thought. And R&B too.

And they like also Dutch singers/groups: Andre Hazes;), Rene Froger (friend of Willem-Alexander), Marco Borsato, Blof and Carel Kraayenhof.

tdarlene said:
for those who are want to know more about fado is that fado is a portuguese tradicional music as the tango is for the argentina people. Amalia Rodrigues was the greatest portuguese singer not only in fado and now she has died thre's a new 'star' of fado Mariza who won 2 or more internacional awards like the bbc and the worl music, the feelings of fado is just like the feeling of tango we can dance tango listening fado

the late prince Bernhard of The Netherlands was a great fan of Amalia. She was invited to sing at Soestdijk palace on several occassions.

BTW I tried to go to a concert of Mariza here in Amsterdam but it costs 50 euros for a person! She is a great singer but tht is a bit to exaggerated I think.

Maxima also likes the Argentinian tango, WA had to adt on the new for young people during an interview that he preferred JLO over Mariah Carrey. And Queen Beatrix, like Queen Sofia listens to Rastopovitch.

Queen Sofia's favourite composer is Bach with "La paison según San Mateo"

letizia said that she wanted to meet republican spanish singer joaquin sabina, probably she like him as singer. they had dinner together at his house, felipe and letizia and other various spanish artists (as joan manuel serrat) were also there.

(he recently said for newspaper el mundo that he remained republican after the royal visit :) and that letizia "will bring the republic to spain")

a bit offtopic, but interesting:

he also wrote just when the engagement was announced a poem called "ripiado de palacio, para letizia ortiz", with not really nice sentences for her. (really don't know why she wanted to meet him after that...)

you can read the poem here:
http://www.portalmix.com/famosos/letiziaortiz/letiziaortiz_sabina.shtml

the spanish version:

RIPIADO DE PALACIO
(PARA LETIZIA ORTIZ)
Por Joaquín Sabina

Bendita señá Leticia, la «queli» de un tal Erquicia que ayer os arrejuntó. A más de un republicano los dedos de entre ambas manos juntas nos emocionó, y sin cambiar de bandera, de dios ni de trinchera, quisiera princesa Ortiz decirte en esta balada que ya no hay cuentos de hadas no abunda el final feliz.

Vas a comértelo crudo porque la ley del embudo se venga de los que son discretos y menestrales cuando en los fastos reales no tienen invitación.

De corazón te lo digo, no tengo ningún amigo que no te quiera querer, y eso que somos tan rojos que quemamos los rastrojos del fuego que pudo ser.

¿Por qué carajo te escribo? First of all porque estoy vivo y no me pienso morir.

La Sartorius se quedó corta y la nórdica no supo hacer de Pocahontas. Hablemos de usted a tú, dile que la sangre azul cuando sangra es bermellona, que se mezcle con la gente, que no sea tan indolente al peso de su corona.

Lo que no entiendo Letizia es que cambies la noticia por lo que dicta el dictado, ordenanzas, escalofrío no te bañes en el río de un corazón programado.

Las faltas de ortografía que desdeña la poesía a mí me la ponen dura, y esa zeta de Letizia es la falta y la «delizia» de una «carizia» madura.

No reines sobre el olvido ¡como entiendo a tu ex marido abreviado y extremeño! Defiende tu pedigrí, no abuses del bisturí, lo más grande es lo pequeño, la familia es un sorteo, Julieta besa a Romeo por no cortarle las alas.

Un Larra en una botella le regaló su doncella a Felipe el doliente. La corte de los milagros parece un corral de Almagro sin Lopes ni Calderones. !Ojalá que los Ortiz maquillen con su barniz ilustrado a los Borbones!

No escuches a los modistos que no se pasen de listos los más tontos de la escuela, mejor Rembrandt, Garcilaso, Groucho Marx, Einstein, Picasso, Woody, Piaf, Chavela.

Muda el esquilón de buey. Ni quito ni pongo rey pero ayudo a su señora ¡Trágala! ¡Viva la Pepa! Métanles donde les quepa el rosario de la aurora.

Cristínate, Elénate, Leti. Urdangarínate pero sin Marichalarte. Nadie venda los secretos de aquel marido discreto que no es juez siendo tan parte.

Que sigas siendo tan guapa y que hagas tu labor de zapa más deprisa que despacio, y déjame terminar abusando de lidiar el ripiado de palacio.

Joaquín Sabina

english version (translated by freetranslation.com):

RIPIADO OF PALACE (FOR LETIZIA ORTIZ) By Joaquín Sabine
Blessed señá Leticia, the «queli» of a such Erquicia that yesterday you arrejuntó. At more than a republican the fingers from among both hands meetings touched us, and without changing of flag, of God neither of trench, wanted princess Ortiz to tell you in this ballad that already there is not fairytales does not abound the happy end.
You are going to eat it to you crude oil because the unfair law come of the ones that they are discreet and artisans when in the real annals do not have invitation.
Of heart I tell it you, I have no friend that want not you to want, and that that are so red that burn the stubble of the fire that could be.
Why carajo I write you? First of all because I am alive and myself do not I think to die.
The Sartorius remained short and the northerner did not know to do of Pocahontas. We speak of you to you, dile that the blue blood when bleeds is bermellona, that be mixed with the people, that be not so indolent al weight of its crown.
What I do not understand Letizia is that change the news for which dictates the dictation, ordinances, chill do not bathe in the river of a heart planned.
The lacks of orthography that disdains the poetry put it to me me hard, and that zed of Letizia is the lack and the «delizia» of a «carizia» mature.
Do not you reign on the oversight ¡as I understand your former husband shortened and extremaduran! It defends your pedigrí, do not abuse the scalpel, the larger is the small thing, the family is a drawing, Julieta kisses to Romeo by cut him not the wings.
A Larra in a bottle gave its maiden to Felipe the aching one. The cut of the miracles seems a corral of Almagro without Lopes neither Cauldrons. ! I hope that the Ortiz make up with its varnish illustrated to the Bourbons!
Do not you listen the couturiers that not itself pair of ready the more fools of the school, better Rembrandt, Garcilaso, Groucho Marx, Einstein, Picasso, Woody, Piaf, Chavela.
Mute the esquilón of ox. Neither I remove neither I put king but I help its lady ¡you Swallow it! I live the Pip! Put them where the rosary of the dawn fit them.
Cristínate, Elénate, Leti. Urdangarínate but without Marichalarte. Nobody sell the secrets of that discreet husband that is not a judge being so he splits.
That continue being so good-looking and that do your work of spade more fast than slowly, and leave me to finish abusing to fight the ripiado of palace.
Joaquín Sabine

Last edited:
...JuAnItA... said:
Queen Sofia's favourite composer is Bach with "La paison según San Mateo"
Queen Sofia also likes Rostropóvich, Barenboim, Menuhin, Mehta and Theodorakis

Crown Prince Haakon is a fan of Red Hot Chilipeppers and Moby, among others.

Infanta Cristina likes Sting and Michael Jackson
Iñaki loves Queen (quite funny isn't it?):D

Haakon, Mette-Marit, & Marius attended a Coldplay concert in November of last year. Mary & Frederik also attended a U2 this summer.

I read a long while back that Prince William was into Britney Spears. Weren't they romantically involved supposedly?

At the Golden Jubilee concerts, Queen Elizabeth II was wearing little yellow ear-plugs at the pop concert but not at the classical one if that's any clue!

Princess Màxima likes U2, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez and tango.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom