Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marengo said:
What would you like to know? She was deemed unsuitable by the court,
Why on the planet was she unsuitable? I guess this was <before> Beatrix was presented with the fait accomplit of having to accept a Minister from a corrupt and murderous dictatorial regime (which deliberately got rid of tens of thousands of people who were vocal in their disagreement with the regime) as the father of the next Queen Consort of the Netherlands, ouch! :lol: Wonder if in that sense, in the run up to WA's wedding, Beatrix might have spared a wistful thought or two about Emily and her tax shelter father!
(For the record though folks, Maxima's dad <never> killed anyone in his life and it isn't certain he, privately, endorsed the murderous torture practices of the regime; but (morally) corrupted, that he is according to my Argentinian friends)

fandesacs2003 said:
Maxima, Mary, Letizia, Mette Maritt(!) may had their own value, but they are thousand of girls like this and it is not their "normally expected" destinies to become Queens.
Thousands? On a worldwide female population of about 3 billion women, I think it's safe to say there would be at least hundreds of <millions> of women out there who could be transformed into passable crown princesses.

donnaK said:
Of course they wanted to keep their relation private for as long as possible, nothing different from other CP couples. They did frequent restaurants, bars, even travelled together a few times.
I've always wondered how they managed such a private courtship. After all, Felipe at the time was perhaps the most eligable bachelor in the entire world! But maybe it was because after he broke with Eva, people weren't expecting him to get someone else so soon? Still, I don't understand it. He could jsut take Letizia to restaurants and have candlelit dinners with this well-known tv journalist and no one noticed? How was that possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
princess olga said:
I've always wondered how they managed such a private courtship. After all, Felipe at the time was perhaps the most eligable bachelor in the entire world! But maybe it was because after he broke with Eva, people weren't expecting him to get someone else so soon? Still, I don't understand it. He could jsut take Letizia to restaurants and have candlelit dinners with this well-known tv journalist and no one noticed? How was that possible?

Maybe the press did know, they just kept quiet. As far as the yellow press journalists like Jaime Penafiel didn't know, it would be OK. After the engagement, lots of people admitted that they saw them together. Felipe attended Telma's 30-year-old birthday celebration in Oct. Letizia's boss even warned her about the paparazzis after they were seen at a bar together. The rumors of engagement was already the talk among the upper class in Madrid after the PoA awards.
Also at that time, Felipe was in the yellow press with a German model, an Argentine model, a noble girl Diana Martinez Bordiu, Gwyneth Paltrow, which all served as the cover.

Last edited:
princess olga said:
Why on the planet was she unsuitable?

Yes, why was she?

princess olga said:
I guess this was <before> Beatrix was presented with the fait accomplit of having to accept a Minister from a corrupt and murderous dictatorial regime (which deliberately got rid of tens of thousands of people who were vocal in their disagreement with the regime) as the father of the next Queen Consort of the Netherlands, ouch! :lol: Wonder if in that sense, in the run up to WA's wedding, Beatrix might have spared a wistful thought or two about Emily and her tax shelter father! ?

My personal theory is, since WA was already in his mid-thirties (and I believe Beatrix wouldn't like an Albert of Monaco-alike situation - in the sense that he is the Heir to the throne and has been far away from marriage for ages - ), plus Máxima seemed to be liked ... she just decided not to be that picky and the Court acted alike. Just a theory ;)

Does anyone have any information a about Pavlos' exes.....

princess olga said:
Why on the planet was she unsuitable? I guess this was <before> Beatrix was presented with the fait accomplit of having to accept a Minister from a corrupt and murderous dictatorial regime (which deliberately got rid of tens of thousands of people who were vocal in their disagreement with the regime) as the father of the next Queen Consort of the Netherlands, ouch! :lol: Wonder if in that sense, in the run up to WA's wedding, Beatrix might have spared a wistful thought or two about Emily and her tax shelter father!
(For the record though folks, Maxima's dad <never> killed anyone in his life and it isn't certain he, privately, endorsed the murderous torture practices of the regime; but (morally) corrupted, that he is according to my Argentinian friends)

According to what I read the court found her personally not suitable for the job. It didn't have much to do with her or Maxima's parents. They thought her character wasn't strong enough to handle the pressure et all.

I do not know her personally and she seems rather sweet but I think it was a wise decision. I know tens of girls =like Emily Bremers, as do most Dutch people. And to have the girl-next-door on throne isn't exactly making the monarchy any stronger. Maxima does have the 'X-factor', so...

-
To Verde: the court and HM and Prince Claus had many doubts over Maxima. Esp. about the role of her father. But once they got to know Maxima they turned around and have been rather supportive, which Maxima stated herself several times.

Was WA looking forward to marrying Emily Bremers and the Court said no, or they didn't even get to that stage?

Does Queen Beatrix had someone before Claus or Queen Elizabet II before Philip?

magnik said:
Does Queen Beatrix had someone before Claus or Queen Elizabet II before Philip?

I think for QEII, it was always Philip. She met him when she was 13 and he was 18, and she supposedly called him her "Viking prince". They were engaged by the time she was 21.

Other former girlfriends of Prince Charles: Lucia Santa Cruz, his university girlfriend who later introduced him to Camilla Shand; and Lady Amanda Knatchbull, granddaughter of his great-uncle Earl Mountbatten, who turned Charles down when he proposed to her.

I wanted to know if someone can say to me where I can find photos of the prince Haakon with his ex-:lol:

I will like to know more about Queen Beatrix and her "ex" (if there is one) before Prince Claus.:rolleyes:

Vanesa.

Prince Albert of Monaco dated actress Sharon Stone and also actress Angie Everhart and even British super model Namoi Campbell. His sister Princess Caroline had dated the son of late actress Ingrid Bergman.

Next Star said:
Prince Albert of Monaco dated actress Sharon Stone and also actress Angie Everhart and even British super model Namoi Campbell. His sister Princess Caroline had dated the son of late actress Ingrid Bergman.

Don't forget Claudia Schiffer in the mid 90s. I believe it seemed to be quite serious because the press were thought she was about to become a princess. I have a back issue of Vanity Fair w/ her on the cover, and there's a indepth article speculating about marriage to Albert and comparing her to the late Princess Grace.

Last edited:
EmpressRouge said:
Don't forget Claudia Schiffer in the mid 90s. I believe it seemed to be quite serious because the press were thought she was about to become a princess. I have a back issue of Vanity Fair w/ her on the cover, and there's a indepth article speculating about marriage to Albert and comparing her to the late Princess Grace.
Someone else had already mention that Albert had dated her I guess you did not read through the thread? And Claudia looks nothing like the Princess Grace atleast not in my opinion.

Next Star said:
Someone else had already mention that Albert had dated her I guess you did not read through the thread? And Claudia looks nothing like the Princess Grace atleast not in my opinion.

Actually Claudia wasn't mentioned at all in this thread.

Did Claudia & Albert really have a relationship (a confirmed relationship). I remember that there were rumors of a relationship. Or were they just friends?

Last edited:
TheQueen said:

Did Claudia & Albert really have a relationship (a confirmed relationship). I remember that there were rumors of a relationship. Or were they just friends?
I don't think the palace ever confirmed any of Albert's romanaces, but it seems a lot of media sources "confirmed" it (see him in HELLO! Profiles). Charlene seems to be the closest thing to a confirmed girlfriend. Albert seems be very open about allowing them to be photographed together and her accompanying him to the Red Cross Ball (Although he probably became more open about his relationships since Rainier's passing).

Last edited:
TheQueen said:

Yes someone did mention that.

Jackswife said:
Claudia Schiffer dated Prince Albert of Monaco, and Elle MacPherson (lucky girl!;) ) also dated Prince Nikolas of Greece. Also didn't Gwyneth Paltrow date Felipe briefly? In the "older" era Prince Andrew dated Koo Stark and Princess Stephanie dated Rob Lowe.
There is the proof that I have been talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is the proof that I have been talking about.

That's not proof, that's heresay. It's only proof unless this speculation was confirmed by the Prince himself or the Palace. Until then, it's pure gossip despite what the media has to say. If he was photographed with Claudia that does not mean they were dating. It means they had their photo taken together.

GlitteringTiaras said:
That's not proof, that's heresay. It's only proof unless this speculation was confirmed by the Prince himself or the Palace. Until then, it's pure gossip despite what the media has to say. If he was photographed with Claudia that does not mean they were dating. It means they had their photo taken together.
I am not saying it in that way I was saying that other members were saying that Claudia was not mention in this thread. I did not say that actually those two actually dated because I don't know if they did your reading my post wrong.

Albert't most obvious ex is Nicole Coste. I have not seen her name mentioned

It seems like she liked the athletic type. Is he married now?

planetcher said:
It seems like she liked the athletic type. Is he married now?

As far as I know, he's not married and I gotta agree with you magnik, Iñaki is waaaaaaaaaaay better looking:wub:

Vanesa said:
I will like to know more about Queen Beatrix and her "ex" (if there is one) before Prince Claus.:rolleyes:

Vanesa.

Unbelievable, but there were men before Claus. I think Beatrix had a relationship with one of her former student friends called Bob Steensma, I believe. I think his father was an advocate and she even took him to the silver wedding party of her parents.
There were also rumours about a relationship with an Israeli shepherded called David, but for this story ask the Dutch people here. I believe this relationship has something to do with an earthquake in the Iran, where he lived and she helped to rebuild a village, but I’m not sure. And there were also rumours about her and Schelto Patijn, the former mayor of Amsterdam, when they were “dance-partners”. But just rumours. I don’t know it exactly.
But fortunately she found the perfect partner in her late husband.:flowers:

anirac said:
Unbelievable, but there were men before Claus. I think Beatrix had a relationship with one of her former student friends called Bob Steensma, I believe. I think his father was an advocate and she even took him to the silver wedding party of her parents.
There were also rumours about a relationship with an Israeli shepherded called David, but for this story ask the Dutch people here. I believe this relationship has something to do with an earthquake in the Iran, where he lived and she helped to rebuild a village, but I’m not sure. And there were also rumours about her and Schelto Patijn, the former mayor of Amsterdam, when they were “dance-partners”. But just rumours. I don’t know it exactly.
But fortunately she found the perfect partner in her late husband.:flowers:

There were/are also rumours that Prince Richard of Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg was after Beatrix' hand. Generally it is assumed that he acted as a sort of decoy though.

-
The story you are telling is AFAIK correct. I forgot the lastname of the Israeli shepard too. It is not clear if it was an actual relationship though, perhaps it is more wishfull thinking (it makes an incredibly romantic story: the crownprincess and the shepard).

I believe Bob Steensma was invited (wioth other friends) to the 1962 boattrip/ball to celebrate Juliana and Berhards silver wedding. He was however considered 'to light'.

People always say Letizia her husband was her former teacher. That isn't true. He is a teacher literature but has never been a teacher of her!

Back
Top Bottom