Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I don't think so. I think Beatrice's fascination with being royal is the problem, and her failure to make a life for herself. :sad: I have long thought (when I've considered this couple, of Dave and Beatrice) that Beatrice could not make Dave #1 in her life. She's a little too fascinated with her own celebrity (in this she is likely her mother's daughter).

My hunch is that Dave got involved with the new finance before the split for all the typical reasons: Beatrice simply was not paying attention (perhaps). Her interest was elsewhere. Just a thought. A possibility.

When Beatrice lets go of her status and starts making a life, a man might become interested. JMO. Until then, she will drift. BTW I don't automatically think that Dave is genuinely 'in love'. He's gotten 'caught', and one hopes for his sake that he does not one day regret. Anyway, who knows?

Her charities aside, I hope she meets a nice young man but I think she’s caught up in “royal envy”.

Does anyone know if this was true and what is happening with the wedding? Also, there were stories about a pregnancy, has this been confirmed or was it just gossip?

The pregnancy story was just royal watcher gossip that proved to be untrue. The media never reported it. Dave and his fiancee were photographed together in October with her wearing tight jeans and her abdomen being flat as a board. If royal watcher gossip had been correct she would be deep into her 3rd trimester about to give birth any day now. :lol:

I think royal watchers made up the gossip because they were angry Dave moved on so fast and then that speculation started to be repeated as fact. Example of the rumor progression: "Dave's engaged already! :eek: He's been dating Lynn for less than a year! I bet she trapped him. :ermm:" -> " I've heard Dave's fiancee may be pregnant :ohmy:" -> " Dave's fiancee is pregnant".

Last edited:
Yes, Cressida is lovely. I'm not sure that she's doing too much in the acting line just lately though, or anything at all apart from hanging out with the York sisters at various smart London venues.

:previous: Not sure what you are suggesting. :ermm: No one's life can be 'known' from pap snap shots. There's no reason we would know her daily life routine, not so? Since she is a private citizen.

I meant career-wise. She was trained as a dancer and has done modelling for a few labels as well as acting. However, things seem to have gone quiet on all those fronts.

I don't believe she ever really pursued dance after finishing her degree. She more tried her hand at acting and modeling.

She seems to be sticking to theater. She was in a play up until at least October.

Handsome coule, indeed!
If she and Harry are still friends, why not? Kate's first love, Rupert Finch, was present at her wedding with William.
Does Chelsy live in London now or did she return to Africa?

And when is this handsome couple going to get married? ;)

I wonder if Chelsy and Cressida will be invited to the wedding? Even ex-hubands?

I wouldn't be surprised if they got engaged in the near future. I believe they started dating in 2008 so maybe a proposal on their 10th anniversary. The majority of women in that set get engaged when they're 27-32 years old, Cressida's in the right age range. We shall see ;)

I would expect both Chelsy and Cressida to be invited, maybe HWS too as he's a longtime partner of Cressida. But I'm not expecting Trevor to be invited, it seems the two haven't maintained a friendship and they don't seem to run in the same social circles now.

Handsome coule, indeed!
If she and Harry are still friends, why not? Kate's first love, Rupert Finch, was present at her wedding with William.
Does Chelsy live in London now or did she return to Africa?

I think Willem Marx (Catherine's high school sweetheart) might take issue with you calling Rupert her first love. ?

I think Chelsy has bases in both London and the African continent nowadays. She'll be 33 next year. Still not settling down.

Cressida Bonas attends the London Evening Standard Theatre Awards 2017 at the Theatre Royal tonight

Looking great!!

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...tandard-theatre-awards-at-picture-id884916282
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...tandard-theatre-awards-at-picture-id884916266

Cressida at the Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund carol concert on Tuesday night

Harry joins ex Cressida Bonas at an carol concert | Daily Mail Online

Cressida stars at the new music video "Naked" of James Arthur

James Arthur discusses his 'spark' with Cressida Bonas | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Which is why I said that Kate wearing Marchesa was a bad idea. You don't wear a dress from the wife of a known predator and sexual harrasser. His wife is complicit in keeping it a secret.

Sorry but I completely disagree. This reeks of the mentality of wanting to find fault with anyone for anything. Weinstein is one thing but do we even know if his wife did anything wrong? I don't feel comfortable trying to bring down someone's profession because they are associated with a bad person. In addition criticizing Kate for wearing something created by someone associated with a bad person.

Which of Harry's ex-girlfriends will be invited to Meghan and his wedding?

It's being suggested that Cressida and Harry are not friends, but I never saw that. Unless someone knows something I don't know (inside information). :ermm: They seem just fine (there have been social events at which they met and Harry supported Cressida by attending her play performances, etc.). Maybe people feel Cressida is just too recent a break-up (2014 - Harry met Meghan a year later), while Chelsy is many more years in the past so really 'over'. Still, see no reason why Cressida would not be invited if Chelsy is invited. JMO. :flowers:

I think it is good style towards the "wife-to-be" to invite none of the former girlfriends
BYe Bine

It's being suggested that Cressida and Harry are not friends, but I never saw that. Unless someone knows something I don't know (inside information). :ermm: They seem just fine (there have been social events at which they met and Harry supported Cressida by attending her play performances, etc.). Maybe people feel Cressida is just too recent a break-up (2014 - Harry met Meghan a year later), while Chelsy is many more years in the past so really 'over'. Still, see no reason why Cressida would not be invited if Chelsy is invited. JMO. :flowers:

It seems based on the fact that Harry and Cress have not actually socialized since the break. They have attended the same events, as they move in the same circles, but not together, just a coincidence that both were there. Where Harry and Chelsy have shown to have remained friendly.

And that seems the Exact reason one would be invited and not the other. No reason to invite your ex to your wedding unless you have a relationship still. You aren't going to maintain a relationship with every ex in your life.

One thing folks have to keep in mind: Harry is marrying an American who’s not likely familiar with the British upper class way of inviting the ex-partners to ones wedding.

If it’s a no with Meghan...no invite for Chelsy and Cressida.

It seems based on the fact that Harry and Cress have not actually socialized since the break. They have attended the same events, as they move in the same circles, but not together, just a coincidence that both were there. Where Harry and Chelsy have shown to have remained friendly.

And that seems the Exact reason one would be invited and not the other. No reason to invite your ex to your wedding unless you have a relationship still. You aren't going to maintain a relationship with every ex in your life.

You haven't convinced me. :huh: I am not aware that Harry and Chelsey have remained friendly. What have they been doing together? Whereas Harry and Cressida have been at the same functions, and as I mentioned, Harry has shown up at Cressida's play performances. There seems to be an actual continuing friendliness between Harry and Cressida borne out by events, whereas I am not aware of anything going on between Harry and Chelsey that is evidence of even continued contact. :ermm:

One thing folks have to keep in mind: Harry is marrying an American who’s not likely familiar with the British upper class way of inviting the ex-partners to ones wedding.

If it’s a no with Meghan...no invite for Chelsy and Cressida.

I didn't know about that 'way' though I do recall that at William's and Kates' wedding the previous amours were invited. :flowers: Given what we have seen of Harry's and Meghan's rapport I would think Meghan would be confidant enough to be fine with the previous girlfriends being invited, though that might mean her ex and the chef would be in the mix, and she may not want that. Hmmm...conundrum. ;)

I can see with the British upper class being a tight social circle, one would want to keep on sound footing with everyone in that 'village', hence invites. If that's the norm then maybe an omission would look odd, and be an unforgivable slight? Maybe? It would not be about friendliness (per se) but be about 'what is done', like it's considered the respectful thing to do? Am I going down the wrong path with this......:ermm: Anyone?

You haven't convinced me. :huh: I am not aware that Harry and Chelsey have remained friendly. What have they been doing together? Whereas Harry and Cressida have been at the same functions, and as I mentioned, Harry has shown up at Cressida's play performances. There seems to be an actual continuing friendliness between Harry and Cressida borne out by events, whereas I am not aware of anything going on between Harry and Chelsey that is evidence of even continued contact. :ermm:

I didn't know about that 'way' though I do recall that at William's and Kates' wedding the previous amours were invited. :flowers: Given what we have seen of Harry's and Meghan's rapport I would think Meghan would be confidant enough to be fine with the previous girlfriends being invited, though that might mean her ex and the chef would be in the mix, and she may not want that. Hmmm...conundrum. ;)

I can see with the British upper class being a tight social circle, one would want to keep on sound footing with everyone in that 'village', hence invites. If that's the norm then maybe an omission would look odd, and be an unforgivable slight? Maybe? It would not be about friendliness (per se) but be about 'what is done', like it's considered the respectful thing to do? Am I going down the wrong path with this......:ermm: Anyone?

I don’t know. I can understand Catherine going a long with it. She invited an ex to her wedding too. I’m just not sure about Meghan going along with it though. She seem to have left her exes to the past and moved on.

A lot of that stuff just don’t fly in the American culture and Meghan is American. She’s a sista too!

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. I was simply stating what the opinions (in tabloids and social media) were based on.

There's not a man with a brain who would invite his former g/f's to his wedding unless his bride was going to be okay with it.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom