Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is surprising, but she probably felt that she wanted a complete break from the law. So many people after years in a career they chose long to go in a completely different direction but can't because of financial considerations. For Chelsy, lucky girl, that didn't matter. For outsiders, looking in, it does appear to be a waste of years of study and a position in a prestigious law firm. However, her choice!

I agree that Chelsy didn't fit into the usual mould of what people think of as a royal's girlfriend. She's always struck me as being very freedom loving and a bit restless, so on the whole I'm glad she and Harry didn't marry. It migt have been a complete disaster, and lord knows we don't want any more of those in the BRF!

I agree that Chelsy didn't fit into the usual mould of what people think of as a royal's girlfriend. She's always struck me as being very freedom loving and a bit restless, so on the whole I'm glad she and Harry didn't marry. It migt have been a complete disaster, and lord knows we don't want any more of those in the BRF!

Somehow I see Chelsy and Harry getting married several years down the road. That is my fantasy anyway

I thought I'd never say thins, but Cressida looks very nice here. Phew, not her usual absurd look (if that is wha it can be called) for once!

From the knees up she looks pretty good, except the hair:flowers:

But those shoes are as ridiculous as evr:ermm:

Antony Armstrong-Jones was once the husband of Princess Margaret Rose of Great Britain. Who wanted the divorce first: Antony or Margaret?

Officially Anthony. Pictures of her affair with Roddy Llewellyn were leaked and he played the hurt husband.

It was a sham of a marriage for a long time though. Was said the 18 year marriage was a 16 year break up. They both had multiple affairs. Her firs known affair was in 1966. Anthony married his second wife five months later and his daughter with her was born almost exactly a year after his divorce. They played some mean games with each other as well as the affairs, the divorce certainly was long over due and best for all.

On media intrusion, Chelsy said "I found it tough," "It's not something you get used to."

There it is. I've always said it's going to be the press as the great obstacle to Harry finding long term love. Very few people have the steel to deal with it.

Of course...and the older he gets probably the harder it will be...especially if the woman has a established career.

LaRae

It takes real love for a person to accept the life that comes along with dating a very high profile British Royal. I think their personal relationship couldn't make it. William found it, but Harry haven't yet.

Harry and Chelsy had a good relationship, but it wasn't enough love there to sustain them.

Last edited:
Harry and Chelsy were too immature, insecure and volatile as I recall it.

I hope he finds someone who is not 'known' during his work with charities. Even a former military member who can relate and has handled some pretty major pressure herself.

LaRae

All it take is real love and understanding.

Good that they have remained friends though.

Agree. One wore wet weather gear over a nondescript summer outfit and wellies and the other wore a very ordinary red dress and wellies. Mud and rain, the usual British summer, and the exact reverse of 'stunning' all round.

I honestly don't know who looks worse. Cressida in her 90's teen coverall short shorts and yellow rain coat. Or Chelsy in a cheap red sundress that looks awful with wellies. The only thing nice on either are their Hunter boots. Eugenie looks far better than either.

I think that wearing a little sundress with those wellies looks completely ridiculous, so on that count alone I have to put Chelsy behind Cressida. I actually don't mind Cressida's look; I think the crazy combination she's wearing works.

Seems like the media is trying to stretch her first interview out some more.

For a woman who found hard to deal with the press, she is not replused by the mag covers now.

For a woman who found hard to deal with the press, she is not replused by the mag covers now.
My thoughts too. It comes across a bit cheap to use that relationship now to make promotion for personal- and business related reasons

Cressida did the same thing for her career. They are just making the best of the attention they get that came from their relationship with Harry.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
I wonder if Chelsy will get the same flak as the Middletons for "cashing-in" on her royal connections as she launches her jewelry line.

It's not the best look for her to use Harry's name to promote her jewelry line. But I'm not surprised, they all do it.

My thoughts too. It comes across a bit cheap to use that relationship now to make promotion for personal- and business related reasons

It is clear to me that it's all for promotion. She hasn't been together with Harry for a long time and never before now used her connections. She did avoid the press even just post break. Chelsy is a total dissapointment to me because, after years, she is now playing the Harry card just for business.

If Chelsy and Harry have remained friends since their breakup, its very possible that she may have asked Harry how he would feel if when promoting her new line, if asked about Harry, she would mention him. He may have given her 100% go ahead on this and wishes her well in her endeavors.

Its a big "maybe" but possible.

Chelsy still garners attention from the media because of her connection to Harry. That is what she's using. It's totally different from abusing her connection. Look how the advantage helped Cressida in her acting career. They young royals don't mind this, because this naturally happens when your friends with them.

When it comes to book launches, charities or even clubs, the royals will help their family or friends out by bringing some media attention with them. Or at lest allowing you to use some of that press attention to your own advantage.

Last edited:
Seems like the media is trying to stretch her first interview out some more.

Nope. This is another interview. She's done two for The Times.

Chelsy Girl: what Harry's ex did next | Style | The Times & The Sunday Times

Chelsy Davy: It was full-on ” crazy and scary and uncomfortable" | The Times & The Sunday Times

She's also has done interviews for Town and Country and Country and Townhouse. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more interviews since she's trying to sell her jewelry.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how much she discussed Harry/their relationship. She's still talking about it. The press is known for taking one little quote and making a headline out of it and I'm pretty sure Chelsy knows how the media works. This is her 4th interview so far, if she had a problem with the media focusing on Harry and their past relationship, she would have stopped talking about it after the first one.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with Chelsy discussing Harry. He was a part of her life for seven years and she shouldn't have to shy away from it. And let's be real, one of the main reasons the media is interestsed in her jewelry, is because she Harry's ex. So why not use that connection? It's not like she is the first person to do it. I also imagine Harry is fine with it. She's not telling any deep dark secrets, she's just giving her perspective on the circus surrounding their relationship.

Last edited:
Okay, but it's still not enough to really make a story out of it. Chelsy only uttered a few words about the chaos that accompanied her former relationship.

To be fair, it was clearly enough to make a story out of it because a story was made out of it. And it was her decision to discuss it, it's not like the Times harassed her into talking to them. I don't know if Harry minds or not, I'd tend to lean towards it's not enough to really make him angry since it happens all the time. I think he's come to accept it and be somewhat fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom