Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I imagine that Cressida and her previous Harry split. Somebody on tumblr who claims to follow him on IG said he erased all her pictures in March. If that's true it would make some sense. It's very common to have a brief reunion with an ex before you remember why you split in the first place.

Either way, she was clearly single in April when she was kissing Edward Holcroft. If Prince Harry wants her back he has an uphill battle, she has a lot of suitors after her and they can give her career freedom unlike Harry. I think he's grasping at the wind.

I think I will still be doubtful and uncertain about this strange relationship... until I see a new pic of them together I will be careful to think them as a couple again..

I do think it's interesting that Harry's so visibly supporting Cressida. He didn't bother to attend Chelsy's charity gala last year. I'd wager he's still carrying a torch for Cressida and he's hoping she'll reconsider. I think she moved on, though. I bit of a futile attempt from Harry.

Either that or they're the never married version of Andrew and Fergie. Oddly close post-split. Maybe they'll invest in a ski chalet together.
More like he wasn't invited. She's not some wannabe actress trying to promote herself in the press every single minute. Or… he could have been there, but no press release was sent out because, again, she doesn't need the publicity.

Has anyone considered the idea they might have ,um,how do I say it nicely? A benificial relationship that is not a relationship and they are okay with that .Not exactly unheard of these days.

There was no hint from anyone at the charity gala that Harry had made an appearance. There were a lot of people on Twitter and Tumblr who were waiting anxiously to see if he would come (Chelsy has many fans) and a great many who looked through guests' Facebook pages for comments on the gala afterwards and found nothing pertaining to him. I think if Harry had been present there would have been some sort of indication.

As for Cressida, even friends with benefits do meet sometimes, for a drink, meal etc with mutual friends. Cressida went off and had supper with her group of friends that evening and last night she apparently left the theatre with Edward Holcroft.

I just think that Harry and Cressida are cordial with each other and that's all. If Harry was trying to get Cressida back in any serious way he would hardly have been sitting on the floor after the polo getting close and confidential with Jenna Coleman.

It's inconsequential whether or not Harry was at the charity ball was my point.

Has anyone considered the idea they might have ,um,how do I say it nicely? A benificial relationship that is not a relationship and they are okay with that .Not exactly unheard of these days.
This might be a high likelyness.

As for Cressida, even friends with benefits do meet sometimes, for a drink, meal etc with mutual friends. Cressida went off and had supper with her group of friends that evening and last night she apparently left the theatre with Edward Holcroft.

I didn't know of this development with another man, but I approve. :flowers: It makes sense that Cressida would team up with actors now. So many to choose from. Edward Holcroft looks very nice.

I just think that Harry and Cressida are cordial with each other and that's all. If Harry was trying to get Cressida back in any serious way he would hardly have been sitting on the floor after the polo getting close and confidential with Jenna Coleman.

I agree. :flowers: It's hard not to be friends with a former lover, I have found (speaking personally). It's great that he pops round to see her performances. Just too bad that it always has to be seen as Harry being interested again. That makes it (potentially) strange for them both, but Cressida seems cool with most things. I like her (what I can see of her).

Royals' ex-partners

I don't know if CP is just bad with words or what but even what he said about Sofia struck me as shallow. It was "Above all, she's beautiful and has beautiful eyes," he said. "But she's also a fantastic person. She's down to earth and has a wonderful personality. There are so many good things to say about her."

Really? Above all? Above everything else that you could love about a person, looks are first on your list?That may be true in his eyes but strikes me as shallow.

From what I've heard in the years passed from CP he doesn't really have a way with words...so maybe interviews trip him up in that department. Regardless I still feel bad for Emma.

I don't know if CP is just bad with words or what but even what he said about Sofia struck me as shallow. It was "Above all, she's beautiful and has beautiful eyes," he said. "But she's also a fantastic person. She's down to earth and has a wonderful personality. There are so many good things to say about her."

Really? Above all? Above everything else that you could love about a person, looks are first on your list?That may be true in his eyes but strikes me as shallow.

From what I've heard in the years passed from CP he doesn't really have a way with words...so maybe interviews trip him up in that department. Regardless I still feel bad for Emma.

He sounds like a very immature young man. Of course, he's not all that young but he seems to be very immature and shallow. He said nothing about his soon to be wife being intelligent or interesting, just that she's "beautiful and has beautiful eyes." Beauty fades. Will he tire of her when the wrinkles come? Sounds like it. But then, they could both be stupid. Two stupid people would probably make a great couple. They could talk to each other while everybody else leaves the room.

Yup, he looks single and very much flirting. Chelsy bolted to make it very clear she is NOT in contention.

I think a new women is on the cards now.

There was no hint from anyone at the charity gala that Harry had made an appearance. There were a lot of people on Twitter and Tumblr who were waiting anxiously to see if he would come (Chelsy has many fans) and a great many who looked through guests' Facebook pages for comments on the gala afterwards and found nothing pertaining to him. I think if Harry had been present there would have been some sort of indication.

Can you link me to these pictures? Edward Holcroft is currently filming in Wales. I don't think he's been in London recently. I suspect another mystery man was with Cressida, and someone mistakenly assumed it was Edward because of their April date.

Ironically, Edward's filming with Richard Madden the current/former boyfriend of Jenna Coleman. What a small pond Harry swims in.

Edit- I think I found the pictures you were referring to. I'm not sure if that's him or not. The pictures only show the man at an angle. His hair is styled differently, and the eye color seems darker. But the facial bone structure is a good match. I'd say 50/50 that it's him.

He's working on a low budget film right now in Wales. Usually, those small film companies have their actors on set 18 hrs a day, for a month straight. The intense filming schedule saves a lot of money compared to the big studios who can afford to film for five months. So if he was given a rare day off, and he used it to take a train to London to visit Cressida for a few hrs before he headed back to Wales, then he must be very keen on her.

Harry never seemed to put much effort into the relationship. Like when he skipped her 25th birthday party to go clubbing with his friends - across the city from where she was celebrating. Or when she had to buy and deliver their Valentine's Day dinners to him at Kensington Palace. I'm happy that Edward seems to go the extra mile for her, both literally and figuratively. All women deserve that.

Last edited:
He sounds like a very immature young man. Of course, he's not all that young but he seems to be very immature and shallow. He said nothing about his soon to be wife being intelligent or interesting, just that she's "beautiful and has beautiful eyes." Beauty fades. Will he tire of her when the wrinkles come? Sounds like it. But then, they could both be stupid. Two stupid people would probably make a great couple. They could talk to each other while everybody else leaves the room.

I think you are on to something here ;) all Sofia really said about CP in the interview was he was a "humble" man...she kept repeating it over and over. To me, it looks like they're trying to justify and make a great romance out of a very plain story. I'm guessing it's closer to the truth to say CP found her hot and she found his status attractive. I personally can't find a greater love story other than that here. I'm wondering why they're trying to sugar coat it and make it bigger than it is.

Ah, the plot thickens. :cool: That being said, they are also likely very nice and agreeable sorts. It's what I've always contended. It's the likeliest scenario.

I think you are on to something here ;) all Sofia really said about CP in the interview was he was a "humble" man...she kept repeating it over and over. To me, it looks like they're trying to justify and make a great romance out of a very plain story. I'm guessing it's closer to the truth to say CP found her hot and she found his status attractive. I personally can't find a greater love story other than that here. I'm wondering why they're trying to sugar coat it and make it bigger than it is.

This is the funniest (and possibly truest) line I have read on the matter. :p We'll never know.

Last edited:
[...] He said nothing about his soon to be wife being intelligent or interesting, just that she's "beautiful and has beautiful eyes." [....]

Maybe the Prince just told the truth here: Ms Hellqvist is beautiful and has beautiful eyes. What other qualities does she need? As a Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland, she will have a carefree life where she will be pampered from A to Z. When he would have married an intelligent, strong-willed career-woman, then that lady most likely will be unhappy and become depressed because of the limited life in the Golden Cage and the public spotlights, affecting her career possibilities.

For the rest it is all speculation. Note that Prince Carl Philip has had two longtime companions, the one was Ms Pernald, the other is the lady who will soon be his bride. The portrayal here of Prince Carl Philip as a shallow young man, a testosterone monkey only interested in a hot babe, does no justice to him. If that was his only drive, he would not have had such long relationships in full media-spotlights. There are plenty of marriages, with solemn spoken vows, which did last shorter than each of the two companionships of the Prince. I feel that all the slashing on the Prince is beyond all proportions.

Pretty much actually. He'd never felt the magic of love - tacky and thoughtless.

So that is NOT the same as "never have felt any love for Ms Pernald", what is what you made of it.... Many of us have had more relationships, then sometimes many of us were utterly devastated because of a broken heart. Suddenly then there is a person and exactly with him/her we experience a love deeper, more pure, more profound than with all the others we thought we loved so deeply.

The Prince did NOT say he did not love Ms Pernald. What he stated was more that Ms Hellqvist has touched his heart so much deeper than anyone else. And that is obvious, otherwise he would have married Ms Pernald and not Ms Hellqvist. It is beyond belief that every word of the Prince has to be weighed on a balance.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know it's got to be a headache for Chelsey as well when these articles come up....she's trying to live her life etc and if she is dating someone they get to be compared with a guy she dated years ago.

She must have to start off any new dating experience with....'let me warn you...'

LaRae

So that is NOT the same as "never have felt any love for Ms Pernald", what is what you made of it.... Many of us have had more relationships, then sometimes many of us were utterly devastated because of a broken heart. Suddenly then there is a person and exactly with him/her we experience a love deeper, more pure, more profound than with all the others we thought we loved so deeply.

The Prince did NOT say he did not love Ms Pernald. What he stated was more that Ms Hellqvist has touched his heart so much deeper than anyone else. And that is obvious, otherwise he would have married Ms Pernald and not Ms Hellqvist. It is beyond belief that every word of the Prince has to be weighed on a balance.

I made a comment which I'm entitled to do. It might be beyond your belief that people have opinions on what was said. I'm not weighing every word he says in the balance. I made the point that it was thoughtless and therefore potentially hurtful to Miss Pernald. I never said he was a bad person - I said thoughtless. Miss Pernald felt the need to reply so obviously I wasn't completely coming out of left field.

Florestane....of course you have the right to you own opinion. We all do. Having attended the same event as this Prince, I can honestly say that I found him very nice looking albeit short [for a man] and extremely slight in build. Almost teenage waiting to grow. We all found him to possess excellent manners. He did have the air of being spoiled and expecting to be "honored" in a self-centered way. But, I believe that was just immaturity and rather weak but I hope he has advanced growth. He was alone at this event even though in longtime relationship. You certainly could not tell that and enjoyed the attention of the many females in attendance. He is human. Sometime he talks before he thinks of the exact words he uses. He will learn if he wants to remain loved in the public eye.

I personally think that he and his future wife are extremely alike and should do well as they have the same mind-set. They will never make earth shaking political difference, but they should be happy.

I personally think that he and his future wife are extremely alike and should do well as they have the same mind-set. They will never make earth shaking political difference, but they should be happy.

Exactly so. :flowers: Agree 100%. They are well-suited.

He is human. Sometime he talks before he thinks of the exact words he uses.

Absolutely. That's what I meant by my original post - that he needed to be more thoughtful about what he says because we can unwittingly hurt others when we aren't.

I don't really know much about them but he and his fiancee seem well suited so their relationship will probably work very well.

Chelsy seems to be spending her summer months between London, South Africa and the holiday island of Ibiza this year. Apart from rumours of her supposedly designing a jewellery line there is no news on any career since she left Allen and Overy last year. She appears to be hanging around with old friend Jacobi Calthorpe helping him with his disc jockeying for society events as well.

... But, I believe that was just immaturity and rather weak but I hope he has advanced growth. ... He will learn if he wants to remain loved in the public eye.
Carl Philip is already half-way to 40, so immaturity can't any longer be used as an excuse for his behaviour, and I doubt there will be any growth. As for being loved in the public eye, his popularity figures haven't been that high in opinion polls before, and I don't think his popularity will grow.

New hair do for Chelsy. Wonder if she has exposed herself here to let us know she is NOT in South Africa where Henry is. ;)

Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy stuns in a red lace dress | Daily Mail Online

It's a bit strange, AfricanAussie. Is she really trying to get this coverage? Do we know that? If she is trying, or making herself available, why? :ermm:

Another possibility: how about she may be attempting to get Harry's attention? It's odd however one looks at it. :sad:

Plus the incredibly positive spin about her seems a bit ott. She's not that 'amazing' after all. Who is? What's the point? It's like the public is being 'groomed' to see her in a particular way. But it is the Daily Mail, so perhaps this is all just having a bit'o'fun. :cool:

Last edited:
This is what happens to royal exes. If and when she marries someone else, when she dies, when she has her first baby...she will be ever known as Harry's ex. When Sabrina Guiness, an old girlfriend of Charles married...that was a part of the headlines. Forget about her own contributions to society.

I am not so sure that she is seeking press. It could be that people know that there is an interest in her (slight as it may be), and are tipping off the press that she is going to be at an event and selling the pictures themselves. There is money to be had. Especially in the digital age we live in. There is a couple of websites that if you and I took pictures, and we run in a celebrity doing anything it may be worth some bucks. Of course it depends on the who (are they), what (are they doing) and where (are they).

I don't know but lately Chelsy seemsvery enthusiast of being in the paper... I have the gut feeling she may be in her "30s crisis"... she has been pretty on news recently...

Chelsy looks absolutely wonderful! And I don't know how she could ever feel insecure about her looks, she is simply gorgeous but I guess we all have our things.

This is what happens to royal exes. If and when she marries someone else, when she dies, when she has her first baby...she will be ever known as Harry's ex. When Sabrina Guiness, an old girlfriend of Charles married...that was a part of the headlines. Forget about her own contributions to society.

I am not so sure that she is seeking press. It could be that people know that there is an interest in her (slight as it may be), and are tipping off the press that she is going to be at an event and selling the pictures themselves. There is money to be had. Especially in the digital age we live in. There is a couple of websites that if you and I took pictures, and we run in a celebrity doing anything it may be worth some bucks. Of course it depends on the who (are they), what (are they doing) and where (are they).

I think it's the notion that she would be the one to marry Harry...Chelsy and Kate were always on the same level, the first real girlfriends of the princes and I guess the hope was that she would marry in the same manner Kate did. I think the interest has sparked up again because they are both single at the moment...I always felt like Chelsy and Harry were the best match for each other so maybe a lot of people would love to see them get back together again and settle down. I also feel the public is very protective of William and Harry since their mother died and would like to see them have the true love that their mother never did...I don't know...just my 2 cents.

I believe her name is Pia Haraldsen. She is Norwegian, and I think either a niece or cousin of Queen Sonja of Norway.

Pia Haraldsen is a very very pretty women!

Back
Top Bottom