Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Methinks Cressie and friends protest too much; I see Cressie is signed up for a movie with Judi Dench. I'm starting to wonder if the year spent with Harry was a calculated career starter.

That's what I think too.

I find it strange that her half-sister Isabella was supposed to be William's unrequited love who couldn't face royal life; now the same is said of Cressida?;)

I think that family is absolutely adept in using PR to achieve their ends.

Hope Harry starts dating someone soon so Cressida can fade into obscurity (which she claims to desire).

Well, the same was said about Chelsy Davy. There were a great deal of people and "sources" that said Chelsy couldn't handle the royal fishbowl and got out. The reality is no one actually know the truth about those breakups.

Methinks Cressie and friends protest too much;

Quietly asking the photographers to push back and go away is not protesting too much imo. That's just normal human behavior.

I see Cressie is signed up for a movie with Judi Dench. I'm starting to wonder if the year spent with Harry was a calculated career starter.

She spent far more than one year with Harry - and appears to have been dropped just as she agreed to commit (I infer that from the starting to attend functions with Harry). I'd say Cressida deserves all the consolation she can get.

As for 'calculation' - I'm not sure anyone can calculate these things. It is what it is. Happened the way it happened. Poor girl. Make lemonade......and she is.

I find it strange that her half-sister Isabella was supposed to be William's unrequited love who couldn't face royal life; now the same is said of Cressida?;)

I never recall it being said she pulled out because she couldn't face royal life. Wasn't it suppose to be Harry who ended the relationship? She seemed pretty distraught in the days following.

I think that family is absolutely adept in using PR to achieve their ends.

I think anyone who has the audacity - and courage - to date a British Royal Prince will have their family pilloried. It appears to be the one common element as certain as rain after clouds. It's a wonder any woman will want to date Harry openly in future unless it all takes place under wraps until the day of engagement.

Hope Harry starts dating someone soon so Cressida can fade into obscurity (which she claims to desire).

Again, I have never heard her claim to want obscurity. I never heard her quoted as saying that - though it's true I don't follow her assiduously. It looks like she's going to have a film career. I think that's a happy chance. She for sure has the looks - and her manner in public as far as I have seen has a certain ingénue quality. She stands on her own - without Harry - though being connected to him gave her some initial cache. She will quickly fade if she is not backing it up with serious ambition and an at least basic acting facility (which apparently she has). So I wish her - and her devoted family - well. She is grabbing her chances as they come to her - no matter their aegis - it's all we can do in this business. I'm on her side. :flowers:

Last edited:
Fat chance of Cressida fading into obscurity.

There is still a fascination with Chelsy Davy. More importantly, within the last year Sabrina Guiness married for the first time ever, and what was she referred to as? Prince Charles's ex, former girlfriend!

Thirty years has passed, he has been married twice and as far as the press is concerned and despite what she has done in the last thirty years...she is still just the Ex Girlfriend...and Guiness heiress.

True, but I think it is a matter of degree. The press is sure to bring up the past if a major event happens, but otherwise the ex is pretty much left alone.

apparently cressida is at the invictus games too: @therealjesal: I’m 99 percent sure I Just bumped into Cressida Bonas in the crowd during Harry’s speech. #InvictusGames #awks

Prince Carl Philip's former girlfriend Emma Pernald is pregnant again, she will have her second child in a few months. Emma told to Svensk Damtidning that she and her husband Tomas Jonson are very happy and waiting for the moment when their son Arthur, 2, becomes a big brother.

She looks really beautiful!:heart:

Agree. :flowers: On looks alone she'd be so much fun, as a bride, as a mother. Just around.

I'm noticing that her 'shabby chic' native style is getting some upgrades. She's looking very good in the ensemble department. More aware of how she's presenting perhaps? ;)

But the message seems to be that she and Harry are old news. Friends now, who had a fling. Still on good terms but nothing more. :sad:

Last edited:
Chelsy didn't give up Harry for Charles Goode. In spite of the hints in the article, Harry and Chelsy were on-off for years, and especially after THE big blow up in their relationship at the beginning of 2009.

They were seen regularly with other people in 2010, but Charles's appearance on the scene as Chelsy's boyfriend has only been in the last twelve months or so.

So I don't know what they mean by 'long-term' boyfriend with the implication that they've been together since 2011! Both Harry and Chelsy have moved on, anyway! Plus, Chelsy was 29 in October so she's no longer 28.

Prince Harry's former partner Chelsy Davy shopping with boyfriend Charles Goode | Daily Mail Online
This is what I consider to be shabby chic, and well done shabby chic to boot. Hard to believe Chelsy gave up Harry for that guy, tho'.

I'm surprised. My 13 year old niece wore something very similar to school today (since I drive her along with the other munchkins). And while Cassandra (my niece) has a classy eye, I think she could take a lesson from Cressida. ;)

Cressida's 'look' for the event she attended with her mother, on the other hand, seemed a discordant mess to me. Mary Gaye was the chic and Cressida was the shabby, IMO.

Look again. She was pretty polished in that 'discordant mess.' ;) Polished in a way I was never aware before. She's growing up!

P.S. I think we disagree on 'shabby chic' criteria. Or I am just saying that Cressida's 'shabby chic' has shifted gears. Anyway, not important. :p

Last edited:
Cressida looks very trendy. A lot of women in their 20s (and older) dress like this at the moment. Her outfit is better executed than most IMO. I think she looks very good, and I would be very happy if I walked out the door looking that good ... but I wouldn't describe her outfit as chic or polished. I think her style has been pretty consistent.

I'll be the first to admit that I have worked as a professional in a very formal setting for far too many years to be a fair judge of young fashion. W/ Chelsy's ensemble I 'got' the choices she made, with Cressida's it just looked like she threw whatever came out of her closet first on. Of the two, Cressida is the more natural beauty whereas Chelsy seems to have a more animated presence.

I'll be the first to admit that I have worked as a professional in a very formal setting for far too many years to be a fair judge of young fashion. W/ Chelsy's ensemble I 'got' the choices she made, with Cressida's it just looked like she threw whatever came out of her closet first on. Of the two, Cressida is the more natural beauty whereas Chelsy seems to have a more animated presence.

I definitely agree that Cressida is the more natural beauty. Of the two Cressida is also the more low key and contained - actually shy, it seems. Chelsy is more animated, and more bookish, oddly enough, intelligent in a formal sense. Curious polar opposites. :cool:

I really preferred Chelsy to Cressida. She was always so bubbly, smiley and genuinely acted like she was having a good time with Harry and she never courted the paparazzi. Unlike Kate who would smile a lot and almost pose at times, chelsy never did. I never thought harry and cressida would last too long. She seems very young and a bit immature, always scowling and hiding from the attention. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the paps are right it's just when you date a member of the royal family you have to expect these things. I almost wish harry and chelsy would pick up where they left off. Wishful thinking!

While since she's getting married I really hope they don't

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I really preferred Chelsy to Cressida. She was always so bubbly, smiley and genuinely acted like she was having a good time with Harry and she never courted the paparazzi. Unlike Kate who would smile a lot and almost pose at times, chelsy never did. I never thought harry and cressida would last too long. She seems very young and a bit immature, always scowling and hiding from the attention. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the paps are right it's just when you date a member of the royal family you have to expect these things. I almost wish harry and chelsy would pick up where they left off. Wishful thinking!

The example of Prince Harry's late mother shows that Miss Bonas is right to keep a more low-key profile and a certain distance from the press. In my eyes it is only a pro that Miss Bonas is "hiding from the attention".

The example of Prince Harry's late mother shows that Miss Bonas is right to keep a more low-key profile and a certain distance from the press. In my eyes it is only a pro that Miss Bonas is "hiding from the attention".

I agree. :flowers: At no time did Cressida allow the press to intrude. She never flashed herself at the press. Yet it's clear she can handle herself for the cameras in her quest for a public persona in her career. I like her, as much as one can 'like' someone they don't know. :p

Back
Top Bottom