Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I the only person who thinks that, if Harry were to propose, Chelsy would jump at it?

If she really wanted to focus exclusively on her career, I think she'd have done her training in South Africa. She is known to prefer the lifestyle there, so why remain in London, if not because she isn't ready to give up on Harry?

But I think Harry is wary, and I suspect the RF is more wary!
There was all that negative publicity about her father, and pictures of her generally show her stumbling out of clubs and parties looking the worse for wear.

If he marries her, get ready for Fergie part 2.

You'd be surprised. More and more the role of the solicitor is to 'win business'. To do so you have to get access to the right people and companies. Having an employee with close links to the royal family and their aristocratic friends would certainly help.

I'm sure if she was useless she wouldn't last long. But her connections certainly don't hurt when it comes to getting a position is an extremely competitive job market.

Chelsy would not be a "rainmaker" for a law firm. That is the job of the partners. She would be doing legal research for a number of years and depending what type of cases she was assigned, she may never go to trial.

I do agree that her connections MIGHT enhance her possibilities with a firm. However, I don't think being a friend of Harry's or even being an ex-girlfriend, would carry much weight.

Am I the only person who thinks that, if Harry were to propose, Chelsy would jump at it?

If she really wanted to focus exclusively on her career, I think she'd have done her training in South Africa. She is known to prefer the lifestyle there, so why remain in London, if not because she isn't ready to give up on Harry?

There was all that negative publicity about her father, and pictures of her generally show her stumbling out of clubs and parties looking the worse for wear.

Being qualified to practice law in England and Wales doesn't necessarily mean that you can't practice elsewhere. Quite often, particularly in the Far East, major multi-nationals choose to conduct their legal transactions using English law as the governing law, so there's strong demand for solicitors qualified in England.

Other common law countries, such as Australia, actually allow English qualified lawyers to work there without requalifying, although if you want to requalify it's pretty easy and straight forward. It wouldn't surprise me if South Africa was the same.

When the big firms take on trainees they're more or less thrown in the deep end from the start. I have an old school friend who started with one of the 'second tier' law firms in London. She started on a high salary but she was working 18 hour days, sleeping in her office, working weekends etc. In her first few months she was working on the multimillion pound acquisition of a medium sized supermarket chain by one of the 3 big British supermarkets. They don't ease you in.

When the big firms take on trainees they're more or less thrown in the deep end from the start. I have an old school friend who started with one of the 'second tier' law firms in London. She started on a high salary but she was working 18 hour days, sleeping in her office, working weekends etc. In her first few months she was working on the multimillion pound acquisition of a medium sized supermarket chain by one of the 3 big British supermarkets. They don't ease you in.

That doesn't seem to be the case with Chelsy; it seems she has plenty of time to go clubbing, etc.

How many pictures of Chelsy clubbing have you seen lately? I have seen her out with her friends only handful of times - and any person of her age, no matter what job they hold, can say exactly the same thing. Just because she is a lawyer doesn't mean she cannot have a life.

What? Chelsy Davy is lovely in sky blue cocktail dress as she enjoys Cartier Queen's Cup Polo Day You kidding me? That dress is rumpled and looks like absolutely nothing you would wear to any place other than the beach or one's own house. In fact that's exactly what it looks like - a bathing suit cover-up. Is this an attempt at rehabilitation? Was it Chelsy on the back of Harry's motorcycle 6 months ago when he got stopped? :lol:

Chelsy's a hoot! :D

The 26-year-old looked relaxed and pretty in a sky blue cocktail dress at the Cartier Queen's Cup Polo today at Guards Polo Club in Windsor. Her simple frock sported pretty gold and blue straps, and she completed the summery look with espadrille wedges. [ :blink: ]

Chelsy's dress complemented her light tan, and she didn't appear to be wearing much make-up, resulting in a fresh natural effect. She appeared to be having a good time, smiling and chatting to the other guests - which included Her Majesty. [ :p ]

That is what we call 'good press'. Love it! It begins.

Chelsy won't be some people's cup-of-tea - that face conjures too much - but I think she is very interesting. One thing is clear - she has proved herself - she is absolutely discreet. Not one foot wrong - not really.

Last edited:
Chelsy has been getting this type of press for a while now, so I don't think it means anything. A few days ago a reporter saw her kissing some guy, so I think it's fair to say that she and Harry have moved on.

I have noticed that over the last few months she's been much more open with the press/paps - posing and smiling for them.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...ens-cup-polo-day-2012-at-news-photo/146464814

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...of-african-concept-store-news-photo/143692468

Last edited:
Chelsy won't be some people's cup-of-tea - that face conjures too much - but I think she is very interesting. One thing is clear - she has proved herself - she is absolutely discreet. Not one foot wrong - not really.

That's fair. Harry could certainly do worse as far as loyalty and ability to handle the press. She's handled it very well.

They can't exactly say Chelsy Davy looking horrible in a rumpled dress. It wouldn't sell very well.

Probably not the only person but not in the majority I should think.

I should think the range of legal work available in London would exceed that of any major city in SA.

Since she was often not only with Harry but also with Willaim and Catherine I should not think that it was much of an issue.

OK, this one confused me. In what way is Chelsy likely to be the second coming of Fergie?

Prince Carl Philip's former girlfriend Emma Pernald has confirmed to Expressen, that she gave birth to a boy earlier this week. The little boy, named Arthur, came three weeks early. Madeleine was among the first to know about the happy news, and she told them to Carl Philip also.
Emma has been together with Tomas Jonson for over two years, they got engaged in May.
Carl Philip kuuli ex-tyttöystävänsä synnytyksestä Madeleinelta - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Emma Pernald told to Svensk Damtidning, that her son was born on 18th September. He is called Arthur, his whole name is Karl Arthur Sven Pernald Jonson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congradulations to Emma Pernald and Tomas Jonson.

LadyFinn said:
Prince Carl Philip's former girlfriend Emma Pernald has confirmed to Expressen, that she gave birth to a boy earlier this week. The little boy, named Arthur, came three weeks early. Madeleine was among the first to know about the happy news, and she told them to Carl Philip also.
Emma has been together with Tomas Jonson for over two years, they got engaged in May.
Carl Philip kuuli ex-tyttöystävänsä synnytyksestä Madeleinelta - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

I guess this means that I have to give up my dream for a reunion for her with Carl Philip. Oh well ... Mazel Tov!

Emma Pernald had dated Prince Carl Philip for a long time. Perhaps she was at a point where she wanted to settle down and perhaps Prince Carl Phillip wasn't at that point or wasn't ready to settle down. So they went their separate paths. This is what it appears to be.

Maybe Tomas is simply more mature than Carl-Phillip?

I cant recall - has Jonas become a father in the meantime - confirmed - or were these just rumours that a colleague was pregnant?

Last edited by a moderator:
There has not been any information in the swedish press about this after the rumours.

Thanks LadyFinn, I couldnt recall to have read about the birth of a baby. Maybe it wasnt true after all, only a try to put Jonas in an even worse light.

Was this announced just after Mads' engagement was announced?

Yes, but Jonas and Stephanie have been already engaged for a couple of weeks. They aren't public persons, so they don't have any duty to announce the engagement immediately.

Maybe, just maybe, Madeleine was the one who pushed to get engaged because Jonas already was.
Its just that the papers now say that Jonas got engaged to Madeleine's ex bestie Stephanie just to annoy her or spoil her event. Maybe it was the other way around or it was cooincidence that both ex partners got engaged around the same time without knowing from the other one's activities.

Maybe, just maybe, Madeleine was the one who pushed to get engaged because Jonas already was.
Its just that the papers now say that Jonas got engaged to Madeleine's ex bestie Stephanie just to annoy her or spoil her event. Maybe it was the other way around or it was cooincidence that both ex partners got engaged around the same time without knowing from the other one's activities.

I don't think it happened. The Court would no like to cause more negative publicity and speculations about some kind of revenge etc. I think that their engagements are coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom