Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's great that they both got into the boot. :lol:

I hope they are back together. I like that girl.

I like her as well to a point.

But if she is not going to move to Britain ever...than they need to end it or just let it die a natural death. Stop this back and forth nonsense. Harry is who he is. He could possibly give it up and move to Africa, but I dont' think he would do that.

^I agree. A decision has to be made, and it's obviously not going to be him, so Chelsy's choice is take him or leave him. Sometimes love is just not enough.

I agree, if they don't see a future together then they should end it. The romantic in me guesses they can't seem to be apart, but I think Chelsy has a hard time fitting into his royal life.

The couple has been playing cat and mouse since they first started seeing each other. It seems as if Chelsy wants her cake and to eat it too. She wants to be with Harry yet she's unhappy with his royal and military duties. She's claimed through "friends" she doesn't like the press attention yet she hasn't minded being snapped by photographers at parties in South Africa and in England when not with Harry. I'm baffled by this couple. I think they will be on again, off again for a while yet until one of them finally calls it quits or they finally can agree and marry. Who knows?

The couple has been playing cat and mouse since they first started seeing each other. It seems as if Chelsy wants her cake and to eat it too. She wants to be with Harry yet she's unhappy with his royal and military duties. She's claimed through "friends" she doesn't like the press attention yet she hasn't minded being snapped by photographers at parties in South Africa and in England when not with Harry. I'm baffled by this couple. I think they will be on again, off again for a while yet until one of them finally calls it quits or they finally can agree and marry. Who knows?

I pretty much agree with everything except doesn't like the press attention yet she hasn't minded being snapped by photographers at parties in South Africa and in England when not with Harry. Chelsy is/was a private citizen who appears to have been photographed without her knowledge. She was at party anyone could have taken the photos and sold them to the press or could have gain admittance as a regular party goer.

Basically, I think these South Africa photots were taken by the paps.

Koo looks so sad and ill.
I really think Andrew might have been happy if he'd married her.

Koo looks so sad and ill.
I really think Andrew might have been happy if he'd married her.
I agree,but it seems that Andrew didn't really love her,otherwise he would have married her.One of Koo's friends said that Andrew destroyed her life.Maybe she exaggerated,but Koo loved him,I believe

I agree,but it seems that Andrew didn't really love her,otherwise he would have married her.One of Koo's friends said that Andrew destroyed her life.Maybe she exaggerated,but Koo loved him,I believe
That's not neccesaruly true, so many times people don't marry the one they love, and marry the ones they don't love for the wrong reasons (or right ones) I'll never forget a sentence in the book Daniel Deronda by George Eliot "you don't always marry the one you love, or love the one you marry"

:previous: Very true Auntie Very true Indeed!

People need to realize that Andrew dated Koo in the early/mid 80's and times were very different. There was no way that Koo's film work was going to be acceptable. Honestly, I am not sure if it would be accepted by the BRF royal family today. We don't even know if they got to the point that they thought or talked about marriage. It has been automatically assumed that because of her past, it was a no go from the beginning.

I think that Andrew and Koo cared for each other deeply but a couple of things worth mention as Auntie pointed out...sometimes love isn't enough. And when you are young, sometimes you do things that later on you might regret. That's why people who are taking pictures and movies that can be viewed in a bad light, are not thinking about the future ramifications of what they are doing. Sofia in Sweden (not to get off topic) is a good example of that. Heck, even Sophie got caught in that before her wedding. She was on vacation having fun with her friends, and did something that many people do and dont' think anything about it. And what happens.....days before her wedding its in the press.

You want to be a politican, a movie star, a member of a royal family.....you don't think that someone isn't going to pull out that "minor" thing you did when you were 20? If they have a chance to make $$, you bet they will!

But back to Koo and Andy. Again, I think they cared for each other but I do think that Sarah was the perfect fit for Andy (not including the scandals). So people come into your life for a reason.

Last edited:
I believe Koo and Andrew loved one another, but because of her past he let himself be talked out of marrying her. And what was the result?
Sarah Ferguson immersed the RF in more scandal than Koo's film work ever could!

Koo might have cashed in on her romance with Andrew, but she didn't do that. I think he'd have been better off with her.

:previous:

We don't even know if they got to the point that they thought or talked about marriage. It has been automatically assumed that because of her past, it was a no go from the beginning.

But back to Koo and Andy. Again, I think they cared for each other but I do think that Sarah was the perfect fit for Andy (not including the scandals). So people come into your life for a reason.

Yeah I think you are spot on Zonk.
As many people have pointed out Koo has shown a lot of loyalty, class and dignity by never cashing in on her relationship with Andrew.
Everyone has assumed that they may have married if she wasn't deemed unsuitable, but I did read an interview a few years back with Koo, and while she didn't go into any great detail she said that a certain point they both realised it was over. She gave the impression it was very much their own decision and contrary to popular opinion Andrew wasn't under pressure to end their relationship.
Then as we all know now he met a certain redhead and the rest is tabloid history....
Sarah has made is easy for people to say Koo would have made a much better Duchess, but as you say Sarah and Andrew were a good fit.
It's just very very sad for Andrew that the woman he fell in love with isn't suited to life in the public eye never mind royal life.
He met the right woman, but he was in the wrong job. I don't think he regrets marrying Sarah, I still think he's glad he met Sarah and had his family with her.
I wish Koo all the best for the future.

Last edited:
I think it is incredibly presumptuous to say that Koo Stark was the love of Andrew's life. How on earth would we know? Were they having long lingering remorseful phone calls throughout their subsequent relationships? Were that the case, now, in the noughties they could have been having a very discreet adult relationship which would raise no scandal and . . . . they're not!

Andrew married Sarah and they have stayed together through thick and thin, marriage and divorce. The fact that they continue to spend so much time together is his choice. No one is making him do it. Their children are grown and they no longer need the overt security of family holidays etc. (as if they ever did), and yet they still all spend time together. Lots of time!

Koo Stark could have made a lot of money if she went to the press or had a book written about her relationship with Prince Andrew. Especially being in the financial situation she is in now. She has chosen not to, which speaks volumes about her character.

Koo Stark could have made a lot of money if she went to the press or had a book written about her relationship with Prince Andrew. Especially being in the financial situation she is in now. She has chosen not to, which speaks volumes about her character.
I totally agree,it proves she really loved him.

Last edited by a moderator:
So H&C's "reunion" didn't last long.

Daily Mail (in papers but not online)

CHELSY DAVY’S trip to the UK has been rather fleeting. After a romantic reunion with Prince Harry and a week in London, she has jetted off again – this time to New York. But Chelsy did go out last Wednesday – to party all night with her pal Freddie Hesketh.

I have the feeling they want to tease us :lol:
But I thought Harry would be a little bit more mature.

I totally agree,it proves she really loved him.
I don't think it proves she loves him ,more that she respects him and herself and won't sell out her story to the tabs

Strange, thought she had gone home.

I am so tired of Chelsy. I'm tired of all the Chelsy-and-Harry drama. Perhaps the "drama" part of it has been played up by the press; but the break-up/make-up stories have been seen to be true in the past. These two don't seem to know what they want. Harry at least has established himself in a career and is serving the country. In that sense, he's settled. If Chelsy wants to be a lawyer, she should be a lawyer. No more travels and gaps years. Like the ad says, "Just do it."

I thought the gap-year was the idea of the lawyers that employeed her?

The law firm that Chelsy was supposed to train with was hit by the downturn so Chelsy took the option of taking a year off and then return to her training in London. When she and Harry broke up late last year, it was written in the tabloids that Chelsy moved back to South Africa and finish her training in S.A.
I think it was last week that the tabloids showed Chelsy arriving in London and wrote that she was moving back to London and finishing her law training in the original law office. At one point when she was in Africa, it was written that she had decided to take an additional year off before resuming her internship.
The story will probably change next week. It's hard to keep track.

Yes, some people criticize Kate for not having a career, but really, neither does Chelsy!

Next week Chelsy will be finishing her law training in Canada, the following week it'll be in Washington DC, week after that it'll be Australia... :lol:

The press will have a field day with all sorts of "back together again" stories if she's seen anywhere near Harry on the wedding day.

So she's still in the UK it seems.

Back
Top Bottom