Old 12-24-2017, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Chelsy Davy spent her Christmas in Mauritius

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdGHyDin...-by=chelsydavy

Old 12-31-2017, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Which is why I said that Kate wearing Marchesa was a bad idea. You don't wear a dress from the wife of a known predator and sexual harrasser. His wife is complicit in keeping it a secret.
Sorry but I completely disagree. This reeks of the mentality of wanting to find fault with anyone for anything. Weinstein is one thing but do we even know if his wife did anything wrong? I don't feel comfortable trying to bring down someone's profession because they are associated with a bad person. In addition criticizing Kate for wearing something created by someone associated with a bad person.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Chelsy Davy is in these days in Cape Town

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...=Chelsy%20Davy
Old 02-11-2018, 01:35 AM
Nobility

Which of Harry's ex-girlfriends will be invited to Meghan and his wedding?
Old 02-11-2018, 01:39 AM
Majesty

Probably Chelsy Davy. They've remained friends.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Which of Harry's ex-girlfriends will be invited to Meghan and his wedding?
It's being suggested that Cressida and Harry are not friends, but I never saw that. Unless someone knows something I don't know (inside information). They seem just fine (there have been social events at which they met and Harry supported Cressida by attending her play performances, etc.). Maybe people feel Cressida is just too recent a break-up (2014 - Harry met Meghan a year later), while Chelsy is many more years in the past so really 'over'. Still, see no reason why Cressida would not be invited if Chelsy is invited. JMO.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:09 AM
Royal Highness

I think it is good style towards the "wife-to-be" to invite none of the former girlfriends
BYe Bine
Old 02-11-2018, 02:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
It's being suggested that Cressida and Harry are not friends, but I never saw that. Unless someone knows something I don't know (inside information). They seem just fine (there have been social events at which they met and Harry supported Cressida by attending her play performances, etc.). Maybe people feel Cressida is just too recent a break-up (2014 - Harry met Meghan a year later), while Chelsy is many more years in the past so really 'over'. Still, see no reason why Cressida would not be invited if Chelsy is invited. JMO.
It seems based on the fact that Harry and Cress have not actually socialized since the break. They have attended the same events, as they move in the same circles, but not together, just a coincidence that both were there. Where Harry and Chelsy have shown to have remained friendly.

And that seems the Exact reason one would be invited and not the other. No reason to invite your ex to your wedding unless you have a relationship still. You aren't going to maintain a relationship with every ex in your life.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

One thing folks have to keep in mind: Harry is marrying an American who’s not likely familiar with the British upper class way of inviting the ex-partners to ones wedding.

If it’s a no with Meghan...no invite for Chelsy and Cressida.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2018, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It seems based on the fact that Harry and Cress have not actually socialized since the break. They have attended the same events, as they move in the same circles, but not together, just a coincidence that both were there. Where Harry and Chelsy have shown to have remained friendly.

And that seems the Exact reason one would be invited and not the other. No reason to invite your ex to your wedding unless you have a relationship still. You aren't going to maintain a relationship with every ex in your life.
You haven't convinced me. I am not aware that Harry and Chelsey have remained friendly. What have they been doing together? Whereas Harry and Cressida have been at the same functions, and as I mentioned, Harry has shown up at Cressida's play performances. There seems to be an actual continuing friendliness between Harry and Cressida borne out by events, whereas I am not aware of anything going on between Harry and Chelsey that is evidence of even continued contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
One thing folks have to keep in mind: Harry is marrying an American who’s not likely familiar with the British upper class way of inviting the ex-partners to ones wedding.

If it’s a no with Meghan...no invite for Chelsy and Cressida.
I didn't know about that 'way' though I do recall that at William's and Kates' wedding the previous amours were invited. Given what we have seen of Harry's and Meghan's rapport I would think Meghan would be confidant enough to be fine with the previous girlfriends being invited, though that might mean her ex and the chef would be in the mix, and she may not want that. Hmmm...conundrum.

I can see with the British upper class being a tight social circle, one would want to keep on sound footing with everyone in that 'village', hence invites. If that's the norm then maybe an omission would look odd, and be an unforgivable slight? Maybe? It would not be about friendliness (per se) but be about 'what is done', like it's considered the respectful thing to do? Am I going down the wrong path with this...... Anyone?
Old 02-11-2018, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
You haven't convinced me. I am not aware that Harry and Chelsey have remained friendly. What have they been doing together? Whereas Harry and Cressida have been at the same functions, and as I mentioned, Harry has shown up at Cressida's play performances. There seems to be an actual continuing friendliness between Harry and Cressida borne out by events, whereas I am not aware of anything going on between Harry and Chelsey that is evidence of even continued contact.

I didn't know about that 'way' though I do recall that at William's and Kates' wedding the previous amours were invited. Given what we have seen of Harry's and Meghan's rapport I would think Meghan would be confidant enough to be fine with the previous girlfriends being invited, though that might mean her ex and the chef would be in the mix, and she may not want that. Hmmm...conundrum.

I can see with the British upper class being a tight social circle, one would want to keep on sound footing with everyone in that 'village', hence invites. If that's the norm then maybe an omission would look odd, and be an unforgivable slight? Maybe? It would not be about friendliness (per se) but be about 'what is done', like it's considered the respectful thing to do? Am I going down the wrong path with this...... Anyone?
I don’t know. I can understand Catherine going a long with it. She invited an ex to her wedding too. I’m just not sure about Meghan going along with it though. She seem to have left her exes to the past and moved on.

A lot of that stuff just don’t fly in the American culture and Meghan is American. She’s a sista too!

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2018, 04:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. I was simply stating what the opinions (in tabloids and social media) were based on.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

There's not a man with a brain who would invite his former g/f's to his wedding unless his bride was going to be okay with it.

LaRae
Old 02-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cressida Bonas at the Dunhill and Dylan Jones Pre-BAFTA Filmmakers Dinner, in London, tonight

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...essida%20Bonas

Article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...er-London.html
Old 02-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cressida at BAFTA Awards tonight

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...ds%2C%20London

Article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...s-attends.html
Old 02-18-2018, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not a fan of the dress.

LaRae
Old 02-18-2018, 02:10 PM
Majesty

I get she is trying to go with an old Hollywood feel, especially hair, but it doesn't work

The top of the dress looks so ill fitted that it makes her look much wider.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Majesty

I like her dress. Wonder will she have a chance to catch up with William and Catherine at the Baftas?
Old 02-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranter View Post
there's not a man with a brain who would invite his former g/f's to his wedding unless his bride was going to be okay with it.

Larae
ditto!!!!!!!