The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 01-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Doa Metizia's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 82
Do you happen to remember the link for "Felipe's blog"?
__________________

__________________
Why dont you shut up? ~ HM Juan Carlos I of Spain
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 01-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Nothing on this story makes me happy or unhappy. It is their life. I dp not get "personnally" involved.

She could of course become very very very famous, but at this moment she wasn't. This is a fact.
She may have become a female "Larry KIng" or even Prime Minister, but for the moment she was just a good young "local" journalist, nothing more. There are thousand like this, to all TV chains and newspapers.
And now she will become a Queen, and she will stay in the History.
She is happy and bravo, Felipe also. But I do not see the reason for some people to become "angry" whe we say something not 100% positive for her.
I was just joking, sorry if it offended you. It's just normal that royal princes dumped their girlfriends, or they were dumped by the girls, I'm pretty sure it happened to all of them.
TVE news had 8 mi regular viewers in Spain, about 1/5 of the population. Also international TVE is available everywhere. She was on the right track to be famous as a journalist even without marrying Felipe, that was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
There is no comparison about what she was before and was she is now. This is no underevaluating her qualities, it is just analysing some facts.
Never said it was the same. But she also would have more freedom, more flexibilities at what she wanted to do career wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Quite all actual CP, were not belonging to this world, except CP Mathilde.
Maxima, Mary, Letizia, Mette Maritt(!) may had their own value, but they are thousand of girls like this and it is not their "normally expected" destinies to become Queens. But this is nor a blame neither a shame. So I do not understand why on the Spanish Forums, some people "jump and shout" and are trying to persuade us that Letizia would have become the 8th miracle of the World, without having met Felipe.
I hadn't seen much discussion on Letizia on the assumption if she hadn't met Felipe in the Spanish Forums. Maybe you should go there to tell them if you have issues with their style.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 01-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doa Metizia
Do you happen to remember the link for "Felipe's blog"?
I saw it on the Infanta board before. I will ask the posters on the Spanish Forums here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 01-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
What would you like to know? She was deemed unsuitable by the court,
Why on the planet was she unsuitable? I guess this was <before> Beatrix was presented with the fait accomplit of having to accept a Minister from a corrupt and murderous dictatorial regime (which deliberately got rid of tens of thousands of people who were vocal in their disagreement with the regime) as the father of the next Queen Consort of the Netherlands, ouch! Wonder if in that sense, in the run up to WA's wedding, Beatrix might have spared a wistful thought or two about Emily and her tax shelter father!
(For the record though folks, Maxima's dad <never> killed anyone in his life and it isn't certain he, privately, endorsed the murderous torture practices of the regime; but (morally) corrupted, that he is according to my Argentinian friends)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Maxima, Mary, Letizia, Mette Maritt(!) may had their own value, but they are thousand of girls like this and it is not their "normally expected" destinies to become Queens.
Thousands? On a worldwide female population of about 3 billion women, I think it's safe to say there would be at least hundreds of <millions> of women out there who could be transformed into passable crown princesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
Of course they wanted to keep their relation private for as long as possible, nothing different from other CP couples. They did frequent restaurants, bars, even travelled together a few times.
I've always wondered how they managed such a private courtship. After all, Felipe at the time was perhaps the most eligable bachelor in the entire world! But maybe it was because after he broke with Eva, people weren't expecting him to get someone else so soon? Still, I don't understand it. He could jsut take Letizia to restaurants and have candlelit dinners with this well-known tv journalist and no one noticed? How was that possible?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 01-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
I've always wondered how they managed such a private courtship. After all, Felipe at the time was perhaps the most eligable bachelor in the entire world! But maybe it was because after he broke with Eva, people weren't expecting him to get someone else so soon? Still, I don't understand it. He could jsut take Letizia to restaurants and have candlelit dinners with this well-known tv journalist and no one noticed? How was that possible?
Maybe the press did know, they just kept quiet. As far as the yellow press journalists like Jaime Penafiel didn't know, it would be OK. After the engagement, lots of people admitted that they saw them together. Felipe attended Telma's 30-year-old birthday celebration in Oct. Letizia's boss even warned her about the paparazzis after they were seen at a bar together. The rumors of engagement was already the talk among the upper class in Madrid after the PoA awards.
Also at that time, Felipe was in the yellow press with a German model, an Argentine model, a noble girl Diana Martinez Bordiu, Gwyneth Paltrow, which all served as the cover.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Why on the planet was she unsuitable?
Yes, why was she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
I guess this was <before> Beatrix was presented with the fait accomplit of having to accept a Minister from a corrupt and murderous dictatorial regime (which deliberately got rid of tens of thousands of people who were vocal in their disagreement with the regime) as the father of the next Queen Consort of the Netherlands, ouch! Wonder if in that sense, in the run up to WA's wedding, Beatrix might have spared a wistful thought or two about Emily and her tax shelter father! ?
My personal theory is, since WA was already in his mid-thirties (and I believe Beatrix wouldn't like an Albert of Monaco-alike situation - in the sense that he is the Heir to the throne and has been far away from marriage for ages - ), plus Mxima seemed to be liked ... she just decided not to be that picky and the Court acted alike. Just a theory
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 01-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Piaa's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne, Benin
Posts: 124
Does anyone have any information a about Pavlos' exes.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 01-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Why on the planet was she unsuitable? I guess this was <before> Beatrix was presented with the fait accomplit of having to accept a Minister from a corrupt and murderous dictatorial regime (which deliberately got rid of tens of thousands of people who were vocal in their disagreement with the regime) as the father of the next Queen Consort of the Netherlands, ouch! Wonder if in that sense, in the run up to WA's wedding, Beatrix might have spared a wistful thought or two about Emily and her tax shelter father!
(For the record though folks, Maxima's dad <never> killed anyone in his life and it isn't certain he, privately, endorsed the murderous torture practices of the regime; but (morally) corrupted, that he is according to my Argentinian friends)
According to what I read the court found her personally not suitable for the job. It didn't have much to do with her or Maxima's parents. They thought her character wasn't strong enough to handle the pressure et all.

I do not know her personally and she seems rather sweet but I think it was a wise decision. I know tens of girls =like Emily Bremers, as do most Dutch people. And to have the girl-next-door on throne isn't exactly making the monarchy any stronger. Maxima does have the 'X-factor', so...

-
To Verde: the court and HM and Prince Claus had many doubts over Maxima. Esp. about the role of her father. But once they got to know Maxima they turned around and have been rather supportive, which Maxima stated herself several times.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 01-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Was WA looking forward to marrying Emily Bremers and the Court said no, or they didn't even get to that stage?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
Does Queen Beatrix had someone before Claus or Queen Elizabet II before Philip?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 01-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Severine's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baton Rouge, United States
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Does Queen Beatrix had someone before Claus or Queen Elizabet II before Philip?
I think for QEII, it was always Philip. She met him when she was 13 and he was 18, and she supposedly called him her "Viking prince". They were engaged by the time she was 21.

Other former girlfriends of Prince Charles: Lucia Santa Cruz, his university girlfriend who later introduced him to Camilla Shand; and Lady Amanda Knatchbull, granddaughter of his great-uncle Earl Mountbatten, who turned Charles down when he proposed to her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 01-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mexico, Mexico
Posts: 287
I wanted to know if someone can say to me where I can find photos of the prince Haakon with his ex-
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 01-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
I will like to know more about Queen Beatrix and her "ex" (if there is one) before Prince Claus.

Vanesa.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Next Star's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 874
Prince Albert of Monaco dated actress Sharon Stone and also actress Angie Everhart and even British super model Namoi Campbell. His sister Princess Caroline had dated the son of late actress Ingrid Bergman.
__________________
Patience is a virtue.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
EmpressRouge's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
Prince Albert of Monaco dated actress Sharon Stone and also actress Angie Everhart and even British super model Namoi Campbell. His sister Princess Caroline had dated the son of late actress Ingrid Bergman.
Don't forget Claudia Schiffer in the mid 90s. I believe it seemed to be quite serious because the press were thought she was about to become a princess. I have a back issue of Vanity Fair w/ her on the cover, and there's a indepth article speculating about marriage to Albert and comparing her to the late Princess Grace.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 02-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Next Star's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Don't forget Claudia Schiffer in the mid 90s. I believe it seemed to be quite serious because the press were thought she was about to become a princess. I have a back issue of Vanity Fair w/ her on the cover, and there's a indepth article speculating about marriage to Albert and comparing her to the late Princess Grace.
Someone else had already mention that Albert had dated her I guess you did not read through the thread? And Claudia looks nothing like the Princess Grace atleast not in my opinion.
__________________
Patience is a virtue.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
TheQueen's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South of, Macau
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
Someone else had already mention that Albert had dated her I guess you did not read through the thread? And Claudia looks nothing like the Princess Grace atleast not in my opinion.
Actually Claudia wasn't mentioned at all in this thread.

Did Claudia & Albert really have a relationship (a confirmed relationship). I remember that there were rumors of a relationship. Or were they just friends?
__________________
Victoria
Live life to the fullest
Its better to have loved & lost then to have never loved at all.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 02-21-2007, 08:52 PM
EmpressRouge's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQueen
Actually Claudia wasn't mentioned at all in this thread.

Did Claudia & Albert really have a relationship (a confirmed relationship). I remember that there were rumors of a relationship. Or were they just friends?
I don't think the palace ever confirmed any of Albert's romanaces, but it seems a lot of media sources "confirmed" it (see him in HELLO! Profiles). Charlene seems to be the closest thing to a confirmed girlfriend. Albert seems be very open about allowing them to be photographed together and her accompanying him to the Red Cross Ball (Although he probably became more open about his relationships since Rainier's passing).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 02-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Next Star's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQueen
Actually Claudia wasn't mentioned at all in this thread.

Did Claudia & Albert really have a relationship (a confirmed relationship). I remember that there were rumors of a relationship. Or were they just friends?
Yes someone did mention that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackswife
Claudia Schiffer dated Prince Albert of Monaco, and Elle MacPherson (lucky girl! ) also dated Prince Nikolas of Greece. Also didn't Gwyneth Paltrow date Felipe briefly? In the "older" era Prince Andrew dated Koo Stark and Princess Stephanie dated Rob Lowe.
There is the proof that I have been talking about.
__________________
Patience is a virtue.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 02-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
There is the proof that I have been talking about.

That's not proof, that's heresay. It's only proof unless this speculation was confirmed by the Prince himself or the Palace. Until then, it's pure gossip despite what the media has to say. If he was photographed with Claudia that does not mean they were dating. It means they had their photo taken together.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Andrea Casiraghi - Astrology montecarlo Princess Caroline and Family 10 10-20-2011 02:32 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary current events diana duchess of cambridge fashion dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander olympics ottoman palace pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince frederik prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]