The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Dave Clark is engaged:

I can't help but feel sorry for Beatrice in all this. They have been broken up for less than a year, and apparently he met his fiancee only six months ago. He dated Beatrice for ten years.

The article says Beatrice is still friends with him and may even attend his wedding...I probably wouldn't be so forgiving...
I have a different take on this. After all these years maybe the spark was no longer there and they were just comfortable friends. One wanted more physical relationship and marriage while the other wanted things just the way there were. Breaking up relationship was the right thing. Still good friends just no longer turning each other on in a physical way. Happens all the time. He has since found someone. If he is still truly her friend, she will be happy for him and have no guilt over breakup. Nothing to forgive. I am sure many have gone through the same thing. It is life. It takes two people to devote their attention to a relationship. I personally always thought they looked more friendly in photos than loving. I wish them both well.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I haven't seen Beatrice moping around since the split. There may be a little hurt present over the announcement, but I think she's okay with it and has moved on. Just like he has moved on. I just don't think the split happened because he didn't want to commit. I think it's Bea who wasn't ready and he was. It's very good and mature to end things because one isn't ready to get married.
I don't think Beatrice was ready to settle down and commit to anyone. I think her head is still in her Royal role which she is still coveting. I truly believe she would love a big Royal role. Sadly, I don't believe her uncle and granny are too happy to give her one. Maybe that will change.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Gotta make sure that baby is born within wedlock to keep it proper I guess.

And even more reason for Beatrice to be pissed.
Has the actual pregnancy been confirmed by Dave or is that just another story made-up by someone because of his fast engagement? Only place I have seen is in another forum. But, of course, American news media probably would not cover the story. If only in People or other magazines, they have had to back down more than once for their fake stories.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I don't think Beatrice was ready to settle down and commit to anyone. I think her head is still in her Royal role which she is still coveting. I truly believe she would love a big Royal role. Sadly, I don't believe her uncle and granny are too happy to give her one. Maybe that will change.
I honestly don't understand where this idea has come from that she's dying to have more of a "royal" role. She has never said that and neither has anyone inside the family (in spite of the press claiming the Duke of York did - in fact, he has released a statement saying the exact opposite).

Her education shows that she has always known that she would have to do something in spite of her status and she has held down various jobs and done further study (never mind the Daily Fail kindly providing a running total of her holidays) as well as her charity work (it might not be paying work but it's an occupation). She grew up with a mother who "worked" and who divorced in order to do so.

The Queen and the Prince of Wales won't find any more royal duties for her - she is not in the direct line and for myself, she is fully aware of that.

For now, she's taking some time for herself and hopefully is a fulfilled and happy young woman - nothing in recent appearances suggests that she is broken-hearted. Onwards and upwards...
Old 05-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Majesty

Even when her grandmother Queen Elizabeth, or her uncle King Charles, or her cousin King William request her to do a representation on behalf of the Royal House, then this still is not a fulltime royal role with a daily agenda with a load of engagements, receptions, openings, parades, sight-seeings, and the whole thing.

We may even question if the future Prince and Princess Henry will both have a fulltime royal agenda... My guess is that Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie will slowly fade out to the pheriphery of the royal family, like the Phillipses, the Armstrong-Joneses, etc.

In hindsight it seems not unwise to me that the parents of Princess Louise and Prince James have preferred not to use their rightful royal titles but go for Lady Louise and Lord James indeed. Also for them a fulltime royal future seems most unlikely.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:13 AM
Majesty

'Lady Melissa Percy, the Duke of Northumberland's daughter, held a raucous rival party on Saturday night at Syon House, her family's ancestral London home,'

Chelsy Davy parties with muscular topless waiters | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-22-2017, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
'Lady Melissa Percy, the Duke of Northumberland's daughter, held a raucous rival party on Saturday night at Syon House, her family's ancestral London home,'

I think Melissa's dress is beautiful.
I don't like Chelsy's.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Glad to see Chelsy still enjoys her parties! I agree about the dresses.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:40 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Had to take a look at the dresses. Of course the Daily Fail gets it wrong once again as the caption under one of the pictures says its Missy Spencer. Go figure.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I realize Melissa's birthday is the same date as Pippa's wedding, but it's odd she chose to throw a big party on that day (since she and her brother George were most likely given the save-the-date notices months ago).

I wonder if that's because of her ex-husband, Tom Van Straubenzee, who was at Pippa's wedding?
Old 05-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice's ex Dave Clarke and his fiancee in Cannes | Daily Mail Online

No matter how much Beatrice says she is happy for him, I think things like this must make her cringe.
And he seems insensitive.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, Bea was in Cannes, now Dave is in Cannes. They're all living their lives. The man has moved on and look very happy. For a peace of mind it's better to wish someone well and be happy for them.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-22-2017, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

I never knew Beatrice dated a Dave "Clarke". The Mail's headline writers appear to be in top form.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Beatrice's ex Dave Clarke and his fiancee in Cannes | Daily Mail Online

No matter how much Beatrice says she is happy for him, I think things like this must make her cringe.
And he seems insensitive.
Obviously we don't really know who ended the relationship or whether it was mutual. But there are lots of stories like this, where a man dates one woman for a long time and doesn't marry her, then gets engaged quickly to another woman and many times, the first woman is upset. Which I certainly would be, too. You might question what is wrong with you that he didn't want to marry you but knew so quickly with someone else. Not to say that Beatrice is experiencing those feelings, but it's also possible that she is.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I realize Melissa's birthday is the same date as Pippa's wedding, but it's odd she chose to throw a big party on that day (since she and her brother George were most likely given the save-the-date notices months ago).

I wonder if that's because of her ex-husband, Tom Van Straubenzee, who was at Pippa's wedding?
Yes, I actually wondered on the wedding day whereabouts Earl Percy (George) was, as he and Pippa have been such good friends for years. (Though I have to say I haven't seen them about together in the last couple of years.) Then I read about Missy Percy's big birthday party on the same date.

Although Pippa is friendly with the Percy family and has stayed at Alnwick Castle several times I've always thought of George Percy being Pippa's primary friend in the family.

I've never seen Missy or Pippa hanging out together, for instance. Perhaps Missy holds big birthday bashes every year on her birthday and didn't want to change the date for her 30th. Some posters on other forums have spotted Pippa's university mates JJ Jardine and Ted Innes-Kerr (and partners) at Pippa's wedding, and supposedly someone spotted George Percy there with a girlfriend. However, some guests' photos haven't appeared on media outlets sites, so it's difficult to say whether George was there or at Syon.

If Missy did receive an invitation she almost certainly refused the invite due to Tom van's attendance. Who wants to be meeting up with your ex spouse on an otherwise joyous occasion!
Old 05-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

I've never seen Missy or Pippa hanging out together, for instance. Perhaps Missy holds big birthday bashes every year on her birthday and didn't want to change the date for her 30th. Some posters on other forums have spotted Pippa's university mates JJ Jardine and Ted Innes-Kerr (and partners) at Pippa's wedding, and supposedly someone spotted George Percy there with a girlfriend. However, some guests' photos haven't appeared on media outlets sites, so it's difficult to say whether George was there or at Syon.

If Missy did receive an invitation she almost certainly refused the invite due to Tom van's attendance. Who wants to be meeting up with your ex spouse on an otherwise joyous occasion!

Missy and Pippa must hang out sometimes, since they are tennis partners.

I did hear that George went to the Syon party instead of the wedding.
But I very much doubt it was with a girlfriend.
He doesn't seem the type.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Pippa was also just a nice platonic friend of George's. Also, after much searching, nobody has come up with a photo of George at the wedding so I do think he was at Syon with his sister and co.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Who wants to be meeting up with your ex spouse on an otherwise joyous occasion!
I can honestly say that is something that never crossed my mind. Went to many weddings, charity events children's weddings, etc., where my ex-husband was also attending. Danced with him at many. Once when my sept-daughter found out that he was alone on Christmas, invited my ex to family Christmas dinner at her home when, of course, my second husband and I plus rest of family were there. No big deal. We all got along. Just because our 12 years marriage went sour, didn't mean he didn't exist in my new family's life. Never wanted him dead, just refused to tolerate his gambling any more.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Majesty

Chelsy Davy models her own designs in stunning photoshoot

Prince Harry’s ex Chelsy Davy stuns in Tatler photoshoot | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-04-2017, 11:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:

I am glad you noticed this too. Tom is best buddies w/William and rumor has it that Kate was trying to fix up Tom w/new girlfriends while his divorce from Missy wasn't even finalized.

My guess is that the Percys may have been invited but chose to continue with the 30th birthday party because Pippa's wedding included not only Tom but William & Kate too. Thus I can see Missy having her own birthday and the rest of the Percys - Katie & George - going to Missy's party as support. The Percy family seems pretty close knit.