The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If Chelsy and Harry have remained friends since their breakup, its very possible that she may have asked Harry how he would feel if when promoting her new line, if asked about Harry, she would mention him. He may have given her 100% go ahead on this and wishes her well in her endeavors.

Its a big "maybe" but possible.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-28-2016, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Chelsy still garners attention from the media because of her connection to Harry. That is what she's using. It's totally different from abusing her connection. Look how the advantage helped Cressida in her acting career. They young royals don't mind this, because this naturally happens when your friends with them.

When it comes to book launches, charities or even clubs, the royals will help their family or friends out by bringing some media attention with them. Or at lest allowing you to use some of that press attention to your own advantage.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Seems like the media is trying to stretch her first interview out some more.
Nope. This is another interview. She's done two for The Times.

Chelsy Girl: what Harry's ex did next | Style | The Times & The Sunday Times

Chelsy Davy: It was full-on ” crazy and scary and uncomfortable" | The Times & The Sunday Times

She's also has done interviews for Town and Country and Country and Townhouse. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more interviews since she's trying to sell her jewelry.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Okay, but it's still not enough to really make a story out of it. Chelsy only uttered a few words about the chaos that accompanied her former relationship.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Doesn't matter how much she discussed Harry/their relationship. She's still talking about it. The press is known for taking one little quote and making a headline out of it and I'm pretty sure Chelsy knows how the media works. This is her 4th interview so far, if she had a problem with the media focusing on Harry and their past relationship, she would have stopped talking about it after the first one.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with Chelsy discussing Harry. He was a part of her life for seven years and she shouldn't have to shy away from it. And let's be real, one of the main reasons the media is interestsed in her jewelry, is because she Harry's ex. So why not use that connection? It's not like she is the first person to do it. I also imagine Harry is fine with it. She's not telling any deep dark secrets, she's just giving her perspective on the circus surrounding their relationship.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Okay, but it's still not enough to really make a story out of it. Chelsy only uttered a few words about the chaos that accompanied her former relationship.

To be fair, it was clearly enough to make a story out of it because a story was made out of it. And it was her decision to discuss it, it's not like the Times harassed her into talking to them. I don't know if Harry minds or not, I'd tend to lean towards it's not enough to really make him angry since it happens all the time. I think he's come to accept it and be somewhat fine with it.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

Since everyone knows that they were a couple, it's not a big deal if Chelsy talks about Prince Harry in a general way (not talking about anything personal). I imagine she probably got his approval before talking about him (I would think one would want to do this to keep in good with him).
Old 06-29-2016, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

It would be less chaotic if Harry and Chelsy had met today, I think. Of course, these are different times. Since Leveson, and due to sheer economics, you just wouldn't get the dozen papparazi following celebrities everywhere they go in the same way as they did a decade ago. The bottom has dropped out of the market.

It's true that they have been replaced by pesky people holding cell phones in their paws but at least they're (hopefully) not shouting insults in order to get a reaction. Harry and Chelsy had a rather unstable sort of relationship anyway, but I do think they met at the wrong stage in their lives when too many other things were going on.

There's been speculation on Twitter etc that Chelsy coming out and talking about Harry in this way signals that they might be getting back together. I disagree. I think it's purely a commercial decision to sell her jewellery and she got his OK first. As for starting over, though, Chelsy's too freedom loving to want a life in the Royal fold and so those problems would remain. That ship has sailed, I'm afraid.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry's ex Cressida Bonas attends Wimbledon with Douglas Booth | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-06-2016, 02:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

So here we go with the ex rebound stories.

He helped her as she passed him to get to her seat, they weren't even sitting together. I guess we can be expecting any men being gentleman in her vicinity to suddenly be her possible new beau
Old 07-07-2016, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Cressida and Chelsy being friendly at a garden party, the Serpentine Summer Party. This is the first time I've seen them together, actually. The third girl is Irene Forte, the longterm, on-off girlfriend of Jacobi, Cress's half-brother. She's been a friend of Chelsy's for years.

Prince Harry's exes Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas look cosy at garden party* | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Seeing them together makes me and odd effect, but it is a good thing that they seem to be on cordial terms. Why shouldn't they?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Some people say Kate looks older, but these pics don't do the ex girlfriends any favours.

Too much partying, I think.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Chelsy has always has had a 'harder' look to her (kinda like Camilla) and not that 'pretty'. The other two don't appear to be any worse for wear despite any partying going on.

LaRae
Old 07-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Aristocracy

I agree. The smoking is the worst part of it I think. That and tanning. Terrible for the skin.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

Chelsy just photographs pretty bad
Old 07-13-2016, 01:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince Harry's exes Chelsy Davy and Cressie Bonas pictured giggling conspiratorially | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-15-2016, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Cressida Bonas and Freddie Fox recite Shakespeare sonnets at Mark's Club | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-17-2016, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Chelsy Davy resorts to photos of topless lady to promote her new jewellery line | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy seen with mystery male companion in London | Daily Mail Online