The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2015, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle0187 View Post
She's with Harvey Weinstein and he is well known for setting up young acts with a list events. Had she not had that connection, she wouldn't get this much pr.
I agree. But the suggestion was that there was a connection between Harry's pub party and the next day publicity event. I am simply saying it's a long-shot that Harry obliged Cressida's publicist. It's just a coincidence imo, but one that will never be believed to be one. Hardly a major matter, though.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I agree. But the suggestion was that there was a connection between Harry's pub party and the next day publicity event. I am simply saying it's a long-shot that Harry obliged Cressida's publicist. It's just a coincidence imo, but one that will never be believed to be one. Hardly a major matter, though.
To an extent I believe she planned that to get interest and it's a stepping stone to garner interest for the plans her pr agents have for her. Some people think she's just trying to endear herself to the public for some big announcement to fuel dating rumors but it's just bait to hold the media's attention. From what I've seen so far from her, it's more career driven than anything. Some might find it to be a way of getting the prince's attention but it looks more like the public to me. She knows very well how much the public might believe that it's still some cat and mouse game when she has other plans ahead, well at least her team does.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

In the showbiz world it's about who you know, and her connections has gotten her this far.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I live in a different world and I cannot imagine living one's life in the way being described, nor do I suppose such like Cressida are living their lives in that way, either. But to each their own. ('Who one knows' to advantage is in the industry, not outside it).

I am going to bow out of the conversation.

Cressida will rise or fall on her merits as an actress. Nothing any publicist does will change that. No one is going to hire her because of Harry. It might get her some fleeting nods, but what has been her major asset has been her looks, which she drastically changed for her most recent outing.

What will get her action via her career is exactly what she is doing: acting in plays, small bit parts in this or that. As she proves her abilities and demonstrates her professionalism on set, her career will move along. Harry or no Harry, at a certain point he's a liability for exactly the kind of thing being engaged in here. It's like a role one takes on early and then gets typecast for. None of this buzz is to her advantage, not really, despite what some believe. Such connections are not the fairy dust some believe. 'Nuf said.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Cressida has landed a lead role in a new movie.

Doug Jones Starring in Horror-Thriller ‘Bye Bye Man’ | Variety
Old 09-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Cressida remins me a lot of Cara Delivigne. A much prettier version though
Old 10-20-2015, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Carl Philip's longtime girlfriend Emma Pernald leaves her work as Senior Account Director at McCann after eleven years - to become marketing director at the Polar Music Prize.
- We will meet major challenges. The Polar Music Prize was my first client when I started at McCann and we have worked together over the years. I have enjoyed my work at McCann and will miss the people and the customers, says Emma Pernald.
The best memories of McCann for Emma are from the Moderate party campaigns.
- I have been involved in two election campaigns and election victory in 2006 was the most enjoyable.
In January, she starts as marketing director at the Polar Music Prize, which according to her face several challenges.
- The Polar Music Prize is close to my heart because music is my biggest interest! The Prize is now making a major effort to reach out. There is a generational change and internationalization. The challenges are the communication in general - both in Sweden and abroad. We will find, create, and reach out to an audience. There are those who are already seen the light by the Polar Music Prize, and there are so incredibly many more with interest in music, says Emma Pernald.
Emma Pernald lämnar McCann

Emma is one of princess Madeleine's closest friends. And through her work she will became close to the royal family too: the king delivers the Polar Music Prizes and the king, queen, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend at the Polar Music Prize ceremony and banquet.
Emma and her husband Tomas Jonson live in Lidingö. They have two sons, Arthur, 3 years and August, 8 months.
Emma Pernald har nytt uppdrag _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Great news, congratulations to Emma!
Old 10-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow! She will be more in contct with the royal family then, won't she? Congratulations for her new career!
Old 11-04-2015, 01:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy in satin dress at Burberry ad premier | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-04-2015, 02:51 AM
Courtier

Finally, she surfaces looking way too sexy!!:homy: Hehehe!

Those breasts!!...poor Henry.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Cressida has landed a lead role in a new movie.
Doug Jones Starring in Horror-Thriller ‘Bye Bye Man’ | Variety
Cressida is moving along as one would expect:
"Doug Jones, Douglas Smith, Cressida Bonas and Lucien Laviscount have signed on to star in horror-thriller “The Bye Bye Man,” Variety has learned exclusively. The film recounts a series of terrifying events experienced by three Wisconsin college students, to be played by Smith, Bonas and Laviscount, who are the leads. Jones will play the title character. Bonas is currently shooting “Dr. Thorne” and will next appear in Justin Chadwick’s “Tulip Fever.” Laviscount is currently shooting “Scream Queens” and will be seen in “Coco.” "
Well done. She's proved her professionalism. She's gotten her first lead part.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hey, Chelsy is looking really good

Very good for Cressida.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

This story has a little something for everyone lol

Quote:
She split from Prince Harry shortly after William and Kate's wedding in 2011, but Chelsy Davy still rubs shoulders with royalty.

The Zimbabwe-born lawyer, 29, was all smiles as she supported her friend Irene Forte at the launch of her new beauty line Forte Organics.

Also at the soiree, which took place at Brown's Hotel, was Prince Harry's cousin Eugenie, 25, who wrapped up against the winter chill in a sensible grey cable knit dress.
Read more: Chelsy Davy shows off her natural glow at beauty launch party with Princess Eugenie | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-11-2016, 12:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I see Sebastian has been trawling through social media to expose this little gem (pun intended.) Yes, Chelsy has gone from law to jewellery design.

Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend Chelsy Davy to launch Aya Africa jewellery | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Its what rich people do. I really mean that without being sarcastic. Most people knew Chelsy wasn't going to being arguing cases before the supreme court.

I have no doubt she will change course many times before its over. Chelsy was never relying on a law degree to pay the bills and if I had her money or Pippa's money I'd do the same thing

Whether we like it or not, coming from money provides opportunities and opens doors that otherwise would be shut.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Its what rich people do. I really mean that without being sarcastic. Most people knew Chelsy wasn't going to being arguing cases before the supreme court.

I have no doubt she will change course many times before its over. Chelsy was never relying on a law degree to pay the bills and if I had her money or Pippa's money I'd do the same thing

Whether we like it or not, coming from money provides opportunities and opens doors that otherwise would be shut.
True. There's some great benefits in having money. It don't provide happiness, but it certainly opens lots of doors that others would have to try very hard to knock down.

In whatever Chelsy go on to do, I wish her best wishes and good luck.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Cressida Bonas jokes around with step-brother*Jacobi Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Jacobi is her half-brother not step-brother. Though I do notice they got that right later on when they say they share a mother.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Cressida Bonas in a long sleeved little black dress at swanky pre-BAFTA dinner | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-14-2016, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks very nice here, I think. Not sure about the shade of hair or curls but I like the dress and shoes.