Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a feeling that the media was going to dig up the Chelsy & Harry days during the wedding. From what I saw of Chelsy in that Chapel, she was happy and enjoyed the ceremony. Especially the Kingdom Choir.

I don't think Chelsy's engaged. This is a pretty new romance, she was first photographed with James only a few weeks ago. However, I think she probably became annoyed with all the 'poor wistful Chelsy thinking of what might have been' at the wedding, which has been all over the Internet, followed by Katie Nicholl writing about her sobbing and emotional at a last phone call from Harry!
So, she's decided to show the media she's out and about, got a new beau and has a jewellery line to sell (photos of her with rings.)

Last edited:
While I have no doubt Chelsy and Harry loved each other, they are very different people and ultimately wanted different things. We do have to remember that Harry was also still very troubled over his mother’s death throughout that time. I just don’t see a marriage ending well given all of that had they taken the plunge.

As for Katie Nicholl’s tearful last phone call. Yea, ok whatever. :lol: There is no way anyone can believe that Harry hasn’t said goodbye to his past long before now judging by the way he looks at his now wife. And honestly, Chelsy seems to be enjoying life for the last few years as well.

Last edited:
I don't believe the farewell call story. Katie is not a reliable source.

No, I agree. But I do think that the media don't mind playing with a 'star crossed lovers, will Chelsy be Harry's Camilla in the future?' scenario, which IMO a lot of people on the Internet were getting into this week as well. Completely without foundation, one might add. I think today Harry and Chelsy are old friends who see each other occasionally. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
Off topic...

Has Katie Nicholl ever retracted or even acknowledged her mistake in the whole "Prince Harry had a crush on Meghan from watching "Suits" story?

I don't believe so, but, unless they are legally challenged, when do any of these so called tabloid journalists/'royal' correspondents/columnists ever apologise for anything? Nor do the rags they work for.

I don't think Chelsy's engaged. This is a pretty new romance, she was first photographed with James only a few weeks ago. However, I think she probably became annoyed with all the 'poor wistful Chelsy thinking of what might have been' at the wedding, which has been all over the Internet, followed by Katie Nicholl writing about her sobbing and emotional at a last phone call from Harry!
So, she's decided to show the media she's out and about, got a new beau and has a jewellery line to sell (photos of her with rings.)

I agree with you 100% Curryong. I think she looks beautiful and happy and she and James make a really good looking couple. Wish her nothing but the best, she's a class act. In my mind she'll always be the one who got away.

I agree with you about Chelsy annoyed about the media coverage. The Sussexes have been married for a week and this is still in the news. Some online comments brought up Camilla's attendance at Charles and Diana's wedding for comparison. Chelsy is being tagged as a future side piece (mistress) and homewrecker and I can understand going out with her new guy. Her reputation is taking a hit.

Now the press is going for Cressida:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.eton...his-one-thing-at-his-royal-wedding-103046?amp

Why blog about the wedding unless you give your congratulations to your ex and his new wife? The talk about hats looks like snark from another jealous ex, who deleted an Instagram post made after the engagement announcement. That post was interpreted as a cheap shot. The press has nothing to run against Meghan right now so it goes after Harry's posh exes - the women with the "right backgrounds" are now acting out because they couldn't seal the deal. All statements that they ended things because they didn't want to deal with royal life are irrelevant.

Last edited:
Madeleine's ex Jonas Bergström with wife Stephanie at the wedding of Madeleine's best friend Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and baron Gustav Thott. The meeting with the members of the royal family was quite warm. Stephanie Bergström's company Soft Goat supports Sofia's Project Playground.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
I just realised that we see the exes of Madeleine and Carl Philip all the time at these kind of events but never those of Victoria.

Does anyone think there was a possibility that Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas would have married Harry if their relationships had continued? I know this is just speculation but I find alternative history quite interesting. What do you think the impact would have been on the royal family if Prince Harry had either married Chelsy or Cressida?

No, neither of them wanted to be royal or commit themselves to that lifestyle...that's part of why their relationships did not continue.

LaRae

I say to this day that Harry and Chelsy was close to getting there. I know the popular idea is that Cheldy wasn’t into royal life, but I think their personal relationship just didn’t make it. Also, Harry wasn’t in the best place at that time either.

I think it was a combo of immature and volatile relationship, she did not desire to live in a fishbowl or commit to living as she would of been required to live.

LaRae

I say to this day that Harry and Chelsy was close to getting there. I know the popular idea is that Cheldy wasn’t into royal life, but I think their personal relationship just didn’t make it. Also, Harry wasn’t in the best place at that time either.

Agreed. Ultimately, if you look at the things that Harry's passionate about in his work and his goals, they don't exactly jive with Chelsy at this point. I think even if we take out the part about the media attention out, these two people shared a lot of fun during their time together, but they ultimately wanted different things.

If they were more mature and their relationship was strong, I think we would’ve seen a wedding. I also strongly believe in destiny and seasonal relationships. Destiny wasn’t there. Puppy love was.

Yeah I don't believe in destiny etc. You need to have common goals and maturity to make it work. They never had that.

LaRae

Yeah I don't believe in destiny etc. You need to have common goals and maturity to make it work. They never had that.

LaRae

Right, it just wasn’t there. I believe destiny has it’s own place and time. His life now reflects this.

This pining over Harry stories are a bit much, but I'm a little perplexed here. For women who didn't want to be in the spotlight they make sure their thoughts and life episodes are on social media where the tabloids will pick it up. Chelsey and Cressida can put their accounts on private. I'm doubting the narrative of Harry not working out with either woman because they didn't want the royal life. I think the queen would have said no for consent because they are indiscreet. With the exception of Eugenie the queen does want royals putting their business out there. I dumped Harry because I don't want the life story saves face.

Yeah I don't believe in destiny etc. You need to have common goals and maturity to make it work. They never had that. LaRae

I do. ;) I think Harry and Meghan meeting was destiny. But I also think there are many destiny meetings.

IMO Chelsey was never in a place to commit to Harry. Plus she would have suffered badly in the press had she agreed to marry Harry. She was being gone after pretty meanly in the tabloid press. The majority (from what I recall) felt she was 'not suitable', hard drinking partier that she was. There were fears of a Sarah Ferguson debacle. It never would have been easy and Chelsey knew that and bailed. If one really looks at Chelsey she just wouldn't have been into the straight jacket of royal life doing events and what all.

Cressida was in a place to marry Harry, I think, she was young enough and starry eyed enough to go through with it had Harry not been a jerk. It would have been a friendship-kind of marriage, I think, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but Harry was a bit too blasé about her. She really was a friend with benefits kind of deal, I think. We'll never know, of course, but she dodged a bullet imo, though she was hurt when he did what he did around that wedding. Jerk. ;)

Both women, in agreeing to be known as Harry's girlfriend, have brought down on themselves the onerous spotlight of social media. Cressida is an actress and the way she handles it all is in accordance with her profession. Chelsey is not obligated to anyone to conduct her life in any way but the way that suits her. Neither woman needs to go into purdah because they dared agree to be Harry's announced girlfriend. JMO.

One has only to look at Harry now to realize how 'true love' has transformed him. There was a photo of Harry and Meghan on the balcony at the Trooping: several. One they are looking at each other and the love coming off them is palpable. There is another photo where Meghan is looking forward, Harry is looking sideways at her with a smile: his pride and love for her is heart melting. They've already been through a lot: Meghan's family stuff, her father stuff, and every step from here on out just seals the deal more and more. As you say, Pranter, they are mature, they know what they have agreed to and they are clearly in it for the long haul. (Meghan especially. I don't think people are really cognizant of what Meghan gave up and walked away from. Most would kill ;) to have her prospects at that point in her career. She walked away for love. Impressive).

It is an amazing relationship to watch. Chelsey and Cressida are from another time and place (like all of us have in our lives). Meghan was 'the one' and it is a beautiful thing to see. :flowers:

Last edited:
I feel ever so sorry for Beatrice to have spent so much time with him, and then for that relationship to end and him be married within two years.

Yes so do I. And it's quite amazing how often it happens like that after a long romance.

I often feel that happens with men...in my late 20s now and have seen so many friends have long relationships end because the man was seemingly not interested in commitment only for that same person to jump into a new relationship and marriage quickly after while my female friends struggle to adjust. I wonder if that is what happened with Beatrice?

But Bea is young and afaik she and Dave, publicly at least, ended on friendly terms. I don’t think she is pining away over him strong married. Who knows, maybe Beatrice isn’t someone who aspires to marriage? She seems to have a full life just fine either way.

IMO that's part of the danger of long dating relationships ...usually if you really want to marry the person (barring unexpected events or obligations that interfere) you do so before dating 10 years.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom