The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-02-2015, 04:56 AM
Courtier

Running some more from Henry and looking great!

https://www.facebook.com/38773032458...type=1&theater

Old 06-02-2015, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Running some more from Henry and looking great!

https://www.facebook.com/38773032458...type=1&theater
Looking great is right! Love her outfit!

Old 06-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Courtier

I see Emma Pernald has responded to Carl Philip's comments about never having felt love before. Good for her! I thought his comments were tacky and hurtful and he was an idiot if he spent 10 years of his life with someone he didn't feel love for.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
I see Emma Pernald has responded to Carl Philip's comments about never having felt love before. Good for her! I thought his comments were tacky and hurtful and he was an idiot if he spent 10 years of his life with someone he didn't feel love for.
That was NOT wat Prince Carl Philip said.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That was NOT wat Prince Carl Philip said.
Pretty much actually. He'd never felt the magic of love - tacky and thoughtless.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Quote:
Pretty much actually. He'd never felt the magic of love - tacky and thoughtless.
Exactly so. My husband had wives before me and I had a (somewhat) long-term relationship before him. All loves are different, but nothing can convince me that speaking ill (even by inference) of a former 'significant other' is ever 'cool'.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Exactly. That was a stupid comment on his part and didn't need to sink that low. He spent 10 years with her, she is one of Madeleine's best friends and seems like a great person while keeping it friendly with CP this whole time. It was rude and disrespectful of CP.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Yeah, I support Sofia and C-P but that comment made me flinch. My first thought was 'poor Emma'. I would have felt the same if Victoria had made that comment. It would have been 'poor Daniel Collert'.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I know I've posted this over in the Carl Philip/Sophia pre-wedding thread but I think it is appropriate to post here also due to the nature of the conversation about the comment made by CP in an interview held a matter of days before his wedding.

IMO, I think CP's mind and thoughts were where they should have been. In the now. I'd actually be very amazed if the thought of Emma even had crossed his mind. When you're about to be married and asked about the woman you're going to be wed to, it'd be very odd for a groom to *not* use the best possible descriptions that comes to mind.

Quite a few times I've described second marriage as one to the love of my life and my best friend. I never thought in any way (nor did anyone else) see it as a slur against my first husband. It was (and is) how I feel about my current husband. Most of us, I think, when it comes to describing the emotions and feelings about a current relationship, it comes from what the heart is feeling now.

Just my take on it though.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Courtier

There would be nothing wrong with C-P saying Sofia is the love of his life, but that's not how he worded it. There's a difference between best love and only love, he inferred the latter.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
There would be nothing wrong with C-P saying Sofia is the love of his life, but that's not how he worded it. There's a difference between best love and only love, he inferred the latter.
I was under the impression that he used the term "true love". At the risk of sounding shallow, I think all relationships, when they are in the good days, could be classified as being true loves and the other person the soul mate. Sometimes they last. Sometimes they don't. When there's stars in the eyes,
everything has that rosy glow to it.

I just don't think he even thought of Emma at all at that time.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Agree with your view here. It was the way he worded it. It's why it pricked everyone's ears. Thoughtless, but... I've said my say. Moving on.

(I'm just glad I'm not one of his priors - ouch!)
Old 06-06-2015, 01:16 AM
Courtier

I do think it's interesting that Harry's so visibly supporting Cressida. He didn't bother to attend Chelsy's charity gala last year. I'd wager he's still carrying a torch for Cressida and he's hoping she'll reconsider. I think she moved on, though. I bit of a futile attempt from Harry.

Either that or they're the never married version of Andrew and Fergie. Oddly close post-split. Maybe they'll invest in a ski chalet together.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

What puzzles me is where is Cressida's old boyfriend that she apparently is hooked up with again? Unless The Tabloid is carefully editing him out. There was such fanfare on Valentines's Day four months ago that she was out-and-about with him. Where is he? Puzzling.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:28 AM
Courtier

I imagine that Cressida and her previous Harry split. Somebody on tumblr who claims to follow him on IG said he erased all her pictures in March. If that's true it would make some sense. It's very common to have a brief reunion with an ex before you remember why you split in the first place.

Either way, she was clearly single in April when she was kissing Edward Holcroft. If Prince Harry wants her back he has an uphill battle, she has a lot of suitors after her and they can give her career freedom unlike Harry. I think he's grasping at the wind.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I think I will still be doubtful and uncertain about this strange relationship... until I see a new pic of them together I will be careful to think them as a couple again..
Old 06-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I do think it's interesting that Harry's so visibly supporting Cressida. He didn't bother to attend Chelsy's charity gala last year. I'd wager he's still carrying a torch for Cressida and he's hoping she'll reconsider. I think she moved on, though. I bit of a futile attempt from Harry.

Either that or they're the never married version of Andrew and Fergie. Oddly close post-split. Maybe they'll invest in a ski chalet together.
More like he wasn't invited. She's not some wannabe actress trying to promote herself in the press every single minute. Or… he could have been there, but no press release was sent out because, again, she doesn't need the publicity.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Has anyone considered the idea they might have ,um,how do I say it nicely? A benificial relationship that is not a relationship and they are okay with that .Not exactly unheard of these days.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

There was no hint from anyone at the charity gala that Harry had made an appearance. There were a lot of people on Twitter and Tumblr who were waiting anxiously to see if he would come (Chelsy has many fans) and a great many who looked through guests' Facebook pages for comments on the gala afterwards and found nothing pertaining to him. I think if Harry had been present there would have been some sort of indication.

As for Cressida, even friends with benefits do meet sometimes, for a drink, meal etc with mutual friends. Cressida went off and had supper with her group of friends that evening and last night she apparently left the theatre with Edward Holcroft.

I just think that Harry and Cressida are cordial with each other and that's all. If Harry was trying to get Cressida back in any serious way he would hardly have been sitting on the floor after the polo getting close and confidential with Jenna Coleman.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Courtier

It's inconsequential whether or not Harry was at the charity ball was my point.