The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

I think Cressida is the poster child for using people. I think she caught his eye and decided to exploit him, and the attendant notoriety, to excellent effect. She is the template showing "how to succeed in acting, modeling, whatever public field in which you wish to aspire, without really trying. Just getting your face out there is difficult in a dog eat dog competitive world. Harry provides an express elevator to the top.
Although I don't like it, I think you are spot on.
Cressida (or her family) presented herself as a shy type who disliked publicity. But her actions after the split with Harry don't support this image at all.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Cressida has launched a career off of Harry. Glad it's worked out for her and hope he meets someone soon who's a little more low key and interested in a long term partnership

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

You must admit though she would have been an exceptionally attractive princess.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Someone who wants to be a model/actress can't become a member of the royal family. I think she knew that going in. They both had their fun, and I don't think that's negative at all. I really wish her well in her career. BUT I hope that next time, he looks for someone whose ambitions are more compatible long term with the realities of his life.
I might sound old-fashioned, but marrying an European aristocrat as in the old days would be the best for Harry IMHO provided, of course, that they genuinely liked each other (I'm not talking an arranged marriage here).
Old 04-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I might sound old-fashioned, but marrying an European aristocrat as in the old days would be the best for Harry IMHO provided, of course, that they genuinely liked each other (I'm not talking an arranged marriage here).
I disagree... I think someone down to earth and willing to work hard and be as normalizing a force as possible is important. A Sophie or a Kate type.

Cressida would have been quite a lovely princess though, true.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Courtier

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Single Chelsy glad to be a gooseberry | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if Henry was at this do and flew off to Australia that next day?
Old 04-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
So which is it? Is she 'back in South Africa' or is she living in London? Seems like a pricey hair appointment if she's jetted to London for some body TLC.

BTW - is Chelsy's family very wealthy? Enough for Chelsy to be independent? Just wondering. I never paid attention to that aspect.
"Chelsy Forever" says she was in SA a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
Yet maybe Cressida is still more in the game with Harry than we know. Maybe the wife of Prince Harry will be a successful actress/model. Maybe. Never know.
I thought she was back with her x?
Cressida Bonas goes with aristocratic ex-boyfriend on Valentine's date | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-14-2015, 03:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Your post proves my point. Cressida does not deserve such a scathing summation imo. She was very 'young' (experience-wise, not worldly) when she came to him, and lets face it, he has to have chased her a bit (she had a boyfriend). There is nothing in Cressida's demeanor that would ever convince me that she is as conniving as you say. She fell for him and was giving up her life and ambitions for him when he (apparently it was his choice) walked away.

She has moved on and made the best of what he dealt her. That's being mature, not ambitious or conniving. :flowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Although I don't like it, I think you are spot on.
Cressida (or her family) presented herself as a shy type who disliked publicity. But her actions after the split with Harry don't support this image at all.
" . . . he has to have chased her a bit . . . who knows? We can suppose, but we can't state our opinion as fact.

How young is is 'very young'? Cressida is 26 now! Young people can vote, drive, drink, and die for their country before the age of 21. Are they all just too stupid to know what they are doing or, is it just pretty, blonde, rich and trendy lass's dating royals that are 'young' in their mid twenties?
Old 04-15-2015, 02:50 AM
Courtier

Something is going on here!

Notice the comment by one of the posters:
"I noticed a PR company released a statement that she'd be at the party. Does that mean Chelsy now has a PR person, keeping her in the press? Her attendance at this event was announced by a PR company , very interesting."

Chelsy Davy wears summery outfit for The Ivy Chelsea Garden Launch Party | Daily Mail Online

Mm...She quits her job and seems more comfortable with press coverage, he quits his job and has a gap year...Mm...

Very interesting indeed.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent

The restaurant would have a PR company working for their relaunch. Chelsy is a lawyer that nothing that you would need a pr firm for unless you were also a politician.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Courtier

She's been shot out again. These latest photos are not her usual. She is not hiding or unhappy.

I'm telling you, SOMETHING IS UP!!!

Chelsy Davy rocks ripped jeans and a summer glow on another night out in London | Daily Mail Online

http://www.independent.ie/style/cele...-31147618.html

Lots more on Getty Images. Just look how her attitude has changed towards the photographers. This is NOT normal for her.

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/search...=rm&license=rf
Old 04-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
So which is it? Is she 'back in South Africa' or is she living in London? Seems like a pricey hair appointment if she's jetted to London for some body TLC.

BTW - is Chelsy's family very wealthy? Enough for Chelsy to be independent? Just wondering. I never paid attention to that aspect.

She was actually back in London for a wedding, hence the hair and nail appointment. I'm not sure who's wedding it was but they held it at the Duke of Northumberland's home and Chelsy went along with Cressida's brother and his girlfriend Irene.

And yes her father is very wealthy, owns a lot of land and a hunting business. She has always been used to the finer things in life such as driving a Mercedes, living in a high rise condo throughout college with her brother, lots of vacations and flying back and forth to visit Harry. A lot. When they were dating.

Quote:
I disagree... I think someone down to earth and willing to work hard and be as normalizing a force as possible is important. A Sophie or a Kate type.

Cressida would have been quite a lovely princess though, true.

She would have been trouble. Cressida wants an acting career and would've always resented Harry if she didn't get a chance to do it. I believe it would've ended in divorce just like his mother and father. Cressida was good in the time being but not true princess material.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
She's been shot out again. These latest photos are not her usual. She is not hiding or unhappy.

I'm telling you, SOMETHING IS UP!!!

[snip]

Lots more on Getty Images. Just look how her attitude has changed towards the photographers.

This is NOT normal for her.

Chelsy Davy Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images
I agree, AfricanAussie. She's slimmed down and her clothes are even different. Yes, she's fine with the camera and is even playing to the camera. She's proving she has changed and can now handle it. Interesting.

Quote:
" . . . he has to have chased her a bit . . . who knows? We can suppose, but we can't state our opinion as fact.
My opinion is bothering you too much. Head banging? Men chase women. It's a given.

Anyway, Cressida is back with her old boyfriend (apparently) so all are back in their places. You can breath easy. Harry has been saved from the fate of Cressida.

Quote:
How young is is 'very young'? Cressida is 26 now! Young people can vote, drive, drink, and die for their country before the age of 21. Are they all just too stupid to know what they are doing or, is it just pretty, blonde, rich and trendy lass's dating royals that are 'young' in their mid twenties?
She was younger when she came to Harry. Anyway, not a big deal. How many times have I seen people argue that Princess Diana was a victim of the BRF because of her youth. Guess the same brush cannot be used for Cressida.

Oh well.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:14 AM
Courtier

Hahahaha! Ladie Minue, you are so sweet!
Old 04-27-2015, 03:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William's old flame Jecca Craig is set to marry Prof Jonathan Baillie director of conservation at the Zoological Soc of London.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:33 AM
Courtier

That's interesting news. Good for her. Sure sounds like a step up from Wills!:big grin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nner-free.html
Old 04-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice to hear, good for Jecca.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Yes very good for Jecca! Such a pretty girl.

Side note: (because he was also in the article) James Middleton should make his own line of beard wax, shampoo etc. Maybe that would finally be a business of his that would get off the ground.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
Yes very good for Jecca! Such a pretty girl.

Side note: (because he was also in the article) James Middleton should make his own line of beard wax, shampoo etc. Maybe that would finally be a business of his that would get off the ground.
Hahaha! What a great idea!
Old 04-29-2015, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am predicting a wedding attendance in the future by the Cambridges and perhaps some association between the couples with work on conservation.

How cool is that eh?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-29-2015, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

The Princes both seem kind of hands on. Real hands on, so sure that's fine with distance apart, but it would get old and could leave one a little too rough around the edges holding the tip of the iceberg. lol. So, the ex's are ex's. There is only so much one can tolerate and making up for distance might just be the time apart between them that left them all parting ways. 45 minutes without pay is too much for any hard working individual and they all had to work to keep things going, but, it just didn't add up between them. lol. There are just some things some couples cannot tolerate. I have never had interest in either though, either. Too much prestige comes with them and too much limelight.