The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Courtier

Chimene!! Here is another photo of Chelsy from the same photoshoot.

https://www.facebook.com/38773032458...type=1&theater

Old 03-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Beautiful girl, beautiful smile! I would love to see a better quality of the picture!!! Thanks for posting, AfricanAUSSIE.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Cressida Bonas Miss Vogue Film (Vogue.co.uk)
Old 03-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
She's truly on the rise isn't she? Nice to hear her nice soft voice.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

EXCLUSIVE: Prince Harry spotted watching ex-girlfriend Cressida in the opening night of her new play at London comprehensive-
Prince Harry spotted watching ex-girlfriend Cressida in the opening night of her new play | Daily Mail Online

Very nice of Harry to go out and show some support to Cressida and cast.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Prince Harry spotted watching ex-girlfriend Cressida in the opening night of her new play at London comprehensive-
Prince Harry spotted watching ex-girlfriend Cressida in the opening night of her new play | Daily Mail Online

I could not agree more. Harry has the best of both his parents, IMO; showing support to and remaining friends - post break-up - with someone with whom one has been in love is a true mark of maturity and an ability to form good solid relationships of all kinds. OT but how I wish Harry had been first-born; I think William takes things to heart while Harry lets most slide off his back and would therefore make the "Top Job" a more natural and easier fit than it seems it might be for William. JMO
Old 03-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm confused what is thing that William takes to his heart but Harry let's roll of his back? Forming loving relationships? Cause last I looked William has been with Kate 10+ years and none of his exes has ever said anything bad about him either?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
After getting the support of her ex, Prince Harry, on the opening night of her new London play, Cressida Bonas had much to smile about as she exited another performance the following evening.

With her hair partially pulled back in loose curls, the blonde beauty, 26, was seen in a casual black ensemble as she strolled along the English capital's streets with two co-stars on Friday.

The night before, her former boyfriend Harry was seen supporting her in the audience as she returned to the stage as female lead Cecily Cardew in Oscar Wilde's The Importance Of Being Earnest.
More: Cressida Bonas exits new play with co-stars... after ex-boyfriend Prince Harry watched her on opening night* | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

It's nice that he's supporting her as a friend, if that's all it really is. I'd hate to see him fall back into that trap again.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:31 AM
Courtier

Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy displays wears tank top and skinny jeans in Chelsea | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

So which is it? Is she 'back in South Africa' or is she living in London? Seems like a pricey hair appointment if she's jetted to London for some body TLC.

BTW - is Chelsy's family very wealthy? Enough for Chelsy to be independent? Just wondering. I never paid attention to that aspect.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, her father is one of the largest private landowners in Zimbabwe. And 'big' in Zimbabwe means: BIG. Of course this immediately brings difficult questions like how he treats/treated his African employers, does/did he allow merciless hunts on endangered species, does/did he order to burn down unique nature to be transformed into agricultural lands, has he (had) close bonds with President Mugabe and his clique, etc. But indeed: Mr Davy is a rich man.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cressida Bonas is the ultimate English rose as she showcases her dance moves modelling Mulberry's new range-
Cressida Bonas showcases her dance moves modelling Mulberry | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Cressida has launched a career off of Harry. Glad it's worked out for her and hope he meets someone soon who's a little more low key and interested in a long term partnership

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Cressida has launched a career off of Harry. Glad it's worked out for her and hope he meets someone soon who's a little more low key and interested in a long term partnership.
In many ways, Cressida demonstrates how much of a no-win situation any woman will be in who allows her name to be linked to Harry. IMO what is being shown is that Harry is poison. Don't bother with him would be my advice. You will not be able to have your own career and will be swallowed up by the demands of royalty. Unfortunately for Harry, this means that only certain kinds of ambitious girls/women will scope him out and stay for the long haul. He will have every reason to doubt the motives of any woman who appears to be attracted to him.

Cressida has aspects that make her someone that fashion would have always been interested in using for their advertising campaigns, even without Harry. There is no question that her connection to Harry gave her some lift. No question. That's not a bad thing. It's her life. She has a right to use her experience as she sees fit. Harry seems to be saying he's fine with it, too. Good for him. He likely owes her that much imo, given how he dealt with her at the end. (And as for low-key, imo there could be no one more low-key than was Cressida. We will not see her like again, methinks. Few women would put up with the level of self-effacement the Harry/Cressida relationship demonstrated).

Bottom line is Cressida would not be succeeding if she did not have some substance behind her ambition. Harry gave her lift but Cressida is the beauty that sells product. Her connection to Harry may have gotten her the foot in the door but Cressida is doing the work. If there was no substance, no one would be risking money on her. Harry may be the hook, but it is Cressida's charisma that is delivering. It seems only fair to say this. But then, I like the girl lots.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

Bottom line is Cressida would not be succeeding if she did not have some substance behind her ambition. Harry gave her lift but Cressida is the beauty that sells product. Her connection to Harry may have gotten her the foot in the door but Cressida is doing the work. If there was no substance, no one would be risking money on her. Harry may be the hook, but it is Cressida's charisma that is delivering. It seems only fair to say this. But then, I like the girl lots.
She is a very attractive woman who likely would have been able to act/model without the additional publicity, yes. But the publicity helped. And her aspirations meant she was never going to be able to go the distance with him.

A woman who aspired to be a teacher, solicitor, museum curator, charity administrator... probably would have to give up their career long term, but also don't have ambitions totally incompatible with being a member of the royal family.

Someone who wants to be a model/actress can't become a member of the royal family. I think she knew that going in. They both had their fun, and I don't think that's negative at all. I really wish her well in her career. BUT I hope that next time, he looks for someone whose ambitions are more compatible long term with the realities of his life.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
She is a very attractive woman who likely would have been able to act/model without the additional publicity, yes. But the publicity helped. And her aspirations meant she was never going to be able to go the distance with him.
How do we know that she wasn't willing to go the distance with him? We have indications she was but it unravelled in a fortnight, it seems. She was broken up. We can never really know what she was or wasn't willing to give up. Harry walked away (one story).

Quote:
A woman who aspired to be a teacher, solicitor, museum curator, charity administrator... probably would have to give up their career long term, but also don't have ambitions totally incompatible with being a member of the royal family.
Yet maybe Cressida is still more in the game with Harry than we know. Maybe the wife of Prince Harry will be a successful actress/model. Maybe. Never know.

Quote:
Someone who wants to be a model/actress can't become a member of the royal family. I think she knew that going in.
Can we be so sure? It might be that Harry will change the 'can't' into 'can'. New rules for a new generation of royals.

What really puzzles me is the fact that I don't see Harry as a man who would function without a companion. I see no girlfriend in evidence and I find that suspicious. I think there is a girlfriend. Has to be. He's dating. Must be. Or, in fact, this secondment to Australia may be the 'enforced' separation the BRF always does with their princes when there is an engagement in the works. Not so?

Quote:
They both had their fun, and I don't think that's negative at all. I really wish her well in her career. BUT I hope that next time, he looks for someone whose ambitions are more compatible long term with the realities of his life.
I think Harry is going to do what Harry is going to do. Where cupid shoots his arrow, who can control that?

I always think back to the time just before the break-up, though. News articles were showing up that Cressida's family were trying to convince Cressida to break it off with Harry. What was that about? What had taken place to effect that turn-around for the family? Then in a few weeks there was the wedding situation and Cressida was left packed but not going. What to make of it? Whatever it all was, I think Harry has some maturing to do. There is evidence he might need to be more supportive and understanding of a woman's needs in a relationship, stuff like that. Just a hunch. Hope that happens for him, or he meets the woman who can inspire him enough to come up to the mark.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
In many ways, Cressida demonstrates how much of a no-win situation any woman will be in who allows her name to be linked to Harry. IMO what is being shown is that Harry is poison. Don't bother with him would be my advice. You will not be able to have your own career and will be swallowed up by the demands of royalty. Unfortunately for Harry, this means that only certain kinds of ambitious girls/women will scope him out and stay for the long haul. He will have every reason to doubt the motives of any woman who appears to be attracted to him.
I don't think for one moment that "what is being shown is that Harry is poison". Quite the reverse in fact.

I think Cressida is the poster child for using people. I think she caught his eye and decided to exploit him, and the attendant notoriety, to excellent effect. She is the template showing "how to succeed in acting, modeling, whatever public field in which you wish to aspire, without really trying. Just getting your face out there is difficult in a dog eat dog competitive world. Harry provides an express elevator to the top.

Whatever Chelsey's perceived faults, using Harry wasn't one of them.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't think for one moment that "what is being shown is that Harry is poison". Quite the reverse in fact.

I think Cressida is the poster child for using people. I think she caught his eye and decided to exploit him, and the attendant notoriety, to excellent effect. She is the template showing "how to succeed in acting, modeling, whatever public field in which you wish to aspire, without really trying. Just getting your face out there is difficult in a dog eat dog competitive world. Harry provides an express elevator to the top.

Whatever Chelsey's perceived faults, using Harry wasn't one of them.
Your post proves my point. Cressida does not deserve such a scathing summation imo. She was very 'young' (experience-wise, not worldly) when she came to him, and lets face it, he has to have chased her a bit (she had a boyfriend). There is nothing in Cressida's demeanor that would ever convince me that she is as conniving as you say. She fell for him and was giving up her life and ambitions for him when he (apparently it was his choice) walked away.

She has moved on and made the best of what he dealt her. That's being mature, not ambitious or conniving.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Majesty

One thing that I admire about both Harry and his brother is that they do not seem to suffer hangers-on, users and false friends. (In other words they have much better judgment concerning the company they keep than their late, beloved mother did)

Harry is a sensitive young man. If he suspected for a minute that Cress had ulterior motives for being with him, I don't think their relationship would ever have gotten as far as it did...and he most certainly would not have remained friends with her.