The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-30-2015, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Someone needs to clue me in on the modern definition of "cheating." To me, cheating means being engaged and your paramour sleeps with someone else. How can someone cheat when there is no commitment?
I agree with your definition of cheating. Couple that is "dating" for even 6 to 9 months and either one accepts date from third party, this is not cheating to me. It just means that something is still missing from long relationship or the couple wouldn't want to be with another. MPO is that one can only cheat on a public commitment to another person. If there is no public commitment, one of the couple is still looking around for better. It is weird when a couple breaks up after a few months and claims they are now single. They were always single. No rings or documents changed hands so legally they were single no matter what the modern swingers think.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
IMO if you're in an exclusive relationship with someone and this has been agreed by both parties and understand then anything from passionate kissing upwards is cheating.
No engagement is necessary.

That's how I see it too.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the definition of cheating has everything to do with what generation one is a member. Casual dating is one thing, but as one becomes exclusive, there are expectations, conversations, understandings. How someone handles that time of 'understandings' is very telling. That's the point.

Chelsy has always seemed to me a woman who knows what she wants and what she will put up with. She always struck me as a pretty authentic person, at the very least.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Once again, she gave a direct quote to her friend Dean Piper. Those two have vacationed together before in Ibiza. They have mutual friends. I don't think he would fabricate a quote from her.

Here's the article/quote.

Chelsy puts boot in over 'cheat' Harry - Mirror Online
Well, I confess this is the first time I have read anything of it. If he has cheated on her then forget it! I guess it ties in with the kind of behaviour as described in the article bellow:
Stripper Carrie Reichert claims she will use Prince Harry's underwear in her act | Daily Mail Online

Excellent reason for no reconciliation. Thank you Miss Whirley!
Old 02-01-2015, 03:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I agree with your definition of cheating. Couple that is "dating" for even 6 to 9 months and either one accepts date from third party, this is not cheating to me. It just means that something is still missing from long relationship or the couple wouldn't want to be with another. MPO is that one can only cheat on a public commitment to another person. If there is no public commitment, one of the couple is still looking around for better. It is weird when a couple breaks up after a few months and claims they are now single. They were always single. No rings or documents changed hands so legally they were single no matter what the modern swingers think.
What is a "public commitment”? After 6 to 9 months the only thing that’s missing from a long relationship is time. And when one party goes on a date with someone else he/she will not get more than 6 to 9 months and he/she probably didn’t think the relationship was worth enough. But as far as I’m concerned.. if that’s the case people should at least have the balls to tell the person they are having that “not very long” relationship with.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:32 AM
Royal Highness

This all is crazy to me if your with a partner and say you love them then go with someone else that's cheating.
If you just go out to movies or something a couple of times maybe not
If the other person doesn't know about it.
It's cheating

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
The main thing I have realized from this Harry/Chelsy discussion is a generation social thing. We didn't holiday with a date for instance even after "dating" for a year or even after engagement was posted in newspapers and church. Plus obvious sex was not displayed and only ever talked about by "those people". In those days the church or your priest, minister or rabbi had quite a lot to talk to you and your parents about if so-called slutting around was made public. Then if you broke up [for any reason] Mothers didn't want their daughters associating with "that fast trash boy" and other mothers thought that "easy slut" would never be good enough for their darling son". It was the way were raised in the 40's. I guess it was just another "world" of social requirements and the majority followed quite closely. Probably why we were such randy little devils from wedding night on!
Ah you’re from the same generation as my mother. That explains your post. Apparently back then, if couples didn’t get pregnant fast enough the vicar would come over for a chat.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Cressida Bonas goes with aristocratic ex-boyfriend on Valentine's date | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
He's the clean-cut aristocrat who was reportedly left devastated when girlfriend Cressida Bonas left him for Prince Harry.

Now it seems the boot is on the other foot, after Harry Wentworth-Stanley, 26, was pictured clutching Miss Bonas' hand as they stepped out together on Valentine's Day.

The pair, who first became an item while studying at the University of Leeds, were spotted walking hand-in-hand through the streets of London's Soho.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Courtier

He's very dashing! And it looks like they are a good fit for each other. Better him than Prince Harry.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Phew, now I can breathe
Old 02-16-2015, 11:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
He's very dashing! And it looks like they are a good fit for each other. Better him than Prince Harry.
I agree. They look normal together, not like when Cressida was with Harry. What a strange pairing that was. Never a normal walk hand-in-hand down a street. Whether that was Cressida's doing or Harry's, she looks far more genuinely happy now. Good for her!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I agree. They look normal together, not like when Cressida was with Harry. What a strange pairing that was. Never a normal walk hand-in-hand down a street. Whether that was Cressida's doing or Harry's, she looks far more genuinely happy now. Good for her!
I agree, Harry and Cressida looked more like just good friends or brother and sister than anything else.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-17-2015, 05:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Carl Philip's former girlfriend Emma Pernald has on Monday given birth to her second child, another boy. Emma's and her husband Tomas Jonson's first child Arthur was born in September 2012. Emma told at an email to Svensk Damtidning, that the new baby will be called August.
Prins Carl Philips exflickvän blev mamma igen! Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 02-17-2015, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm happy for Emma and her family! A baby is a blessing!
Old 02-18-2015, 01:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Prince Carl Philip's former girlfriend Emma Pernald has on Monday given birth to her second child, another boy. Emma's and her husband Tomas Jonson's first child Arthur was born in September 2012. Emma told at an email to Svensk Damtidning, that the new baby will be called August.
Prins Carl Philips exflickvän blev mamma igen! Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Lovely news!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I'm happy for Emma and her family! A baby is a blessing!
Yes, babies are wonderful and so happy for Emma and husband. I always liked her and her quiet ways and smile.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Cressida Bonas Moves On With Another Harry as Prince Harry Spends Valentine's Day Solo | E! Online
Old 02-27-2015, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William's former girlfriend, Isabella Branson (nee Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe) & her husband Sam Branson had their first child, Eva-Deia, in February:

Peerage News: Eva-Deia Branson (born 2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Where William and Isabella actually together? To me it seemed like more tabloid fiction since the story was always William wanted her and she said no so he went back to Kate. Sort of like Jecca Craig who never actually dated Wills but is always linked to the practice engagement story as teenagers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-27-2015, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Well they are both older and hopefully have a better sense of what they want in the future....but they sure looked happy when they were together
I would have to agree. For the most part they seemed to bring the best out in each other and usually looked relaxed and happy.

I can never understand the carping about her looking dishevelled, cheap, tacky, even dirty! I don't think she deserved that sort of attack and now, with the virtue of 20/20 hindsight, it is easy to see that she was good for him and kept him grounded. Pity the royal life never appealed to her.