The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Chelsy Davy shops after a glamorous trip to the races in Cape Town | Daily Mail Online

Haven't seen Chelsy Davy images with boyfriend for some time...
All I can say is, until Harry gets with a serious girlfriend again (we can assume he is dating under-the-radar right now) - who he is willing to openly declare to the world - Chelsy (and Cressida) will be dogged by the paps. Reason enough to think 2 and 3 and 4 times before hitching up with Harry. Has to be a drawback for Harry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I know she has left the law firm she was with, but I can't say if she's given up on being a lawyer.
Thank you, Mirabel. Wonder what she is planning?

Old 01-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Keeping up with the Crawleys? Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas 'in talks to join Downton Abbey cast'
Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas 'in talks to join Downton Abbey cast'* | Daily Mail Online
It wouldn't surprise me at all if she showed up on an episode of Downton

Old 01-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

Thank you, Mirabel. Wonder what she is planning?
I checked and found this:

Chelsy Davy waves good-bye to Allen & Overy - and the law? - Legal Cheek

So it does look like Chelsy has given up on a career in law.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I checked and found this:

Chelsy Davy waves good-bye to Allen & Overy - and the law? - Legal Cheek

So it does look like Chelsy has given up on a career in law.
Many thanks, Mirabel. Maybe she intends to go home to South Africa?
Old 01-21-2015, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Prince Harry's ex Cressida Bonas was interviewed by The Sunday Times.

Untitled — See ya, Harry — Cressida was always too cool to be...
Old 01-21-2015, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Prince Harry's ex Cressida Bonas was interviewed by The Sunday Times.

Untitled €” See ya, Harry €” Cressida was always too cool to be...
Well, after reading the article I must say Prince Harry is well rid of her for two reasons:
1) This confirms what I suspected during the relationship which was that she or her friends or family were spinning their side of events to the press. The writer begins by referencing an email she has received from Cressy, so Cressy is currently courting the press. The Royal family suffered tremendously from Diana's habit of leaking skewed versions or half truths or even outright lies to the press. William was old enough to see the suffering his mother caused by her press salvos and to be wounded himself by her actions, and as a result has been inordinately cautious with the press and protective of his privacy. Harry, younger and thus perhaps less aware of the crisis his mother caused through her press shenanigans has been less cautious. Harry simply is well rid of a press seeking GF, look at the 'she's better than him' vibe of this piece - it truly reads like the earliest stages of the war of the Wales.
2) The article states that Cressida "[k]nocks back rum straight because that's how she rolls, Hard." And that she "[s]wigs booze from bottles, does shots..." Frankly a hard drinking 20 something is tolerated but tends not to age well. Moreover, given Harry's own hard partying lifestyle it would be best if he didn't settle down with someone also exhibiting signs of possible issues with alcohol.

Rather ironically, after the description of Cressida as a shot drinking booze swigging smoking hard rolling type the writer faults Harry for only being a party loving Prince. Ignored, of course, are Harry's 2 tours of duty in combat zones, his triumph organizing the Invictus games, his work with Sentebale traveling to Lesotho and tirelessly promoting it including the second Chelsea garden he's just helped to design honoring his charity. His foundation with his brother and sister in law, his walking with the wounded participation, his work for his grandmother and his full time job with the military.
The writer opines that until Harry earns an accolade better than 'party Prince' Cressida will always be more impressive than him and that Cressida "stands for something more than herself."
The writer doesn't enlighten us as to what that is -presumably it is the sum total of 'hard rolling' Cressida's accomplishments as outlined in the article to wit: playing a wolf in an obscure play, a bit part in Tulip Fever - not yet released, a video for Mulberry to be on it's website and being flown on their dime to some parties in LA and forming a small acting group with unnamed friends.
While Cressida may well have a successful screen career, I humbly suggest that it's premature to do as the writer does and call her the new Queen of Hearts.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Well said. I'm disgusted by all this... and very happy that Harry could move on and rid of Cressida...
Old 01-21-2015, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Royals' ex-partners

The shot at Kate at the end seems unnecessary.

Quote: "And also why, unlike Kate, Cressida feels important-as a modern, go-getting young woman."

Oh brother. Let me know if scrunchie comes back.

I looked at the IMBD page for Tulip Fever. She is listed between a woman who plays a serving woman and a guy who plays boat driver with a guy with no role listed directly above her. It's a totally bit part.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-21-2015, 10:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Many thanks, Mirabel. Maybe she intends to go home to South Africa?

She seems to still be living in London so I'm not sure about that. I guess time will tell. What do you think she would do in South Africa?
Old 01-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Commoner

Boy did Harry dodge a bullet!! I read both articles and if Cressidas camp approved them......you can tell they're upset she didn't get a ring on that particular finger. It was very mean spirited.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its a dog eat dog world in the entertainment publicity business and this article put Harry in Milkbone underwear. Its more to paint the picture of just how wonderful and glorious Cressy is and gets her name out there so she becomes known and sought after than really having anything to do with her relationship with Harry that has been put in the ancient history files.

Whereas Cressida needs the publicity to gain a fan base, Harry doesn't. What Harry is doing is for the good of his sovereign, his country and his people and hers is for her own career.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment, and I told them they didnt understand life.
― John Lennon
Old 01-21-2015, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
She seems to still be living in London so I'm not sure about that. I guess time will tell. What do you think she would do in South Africa?
Be a lawyer. Get married. Raise a family. Live. It's her family's home, not so?
Old 01-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Be a lawyer. Get married. Raise a family. Live. It's her family's home, not so?

Yes, I meant career-wise. It says she studied Economics at the University of South Africa before she moved to London to get her law degree. So maybe she will try a career with that?
Old 01-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Courtier

Royals' ex-partners

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbutterfly View Post
Boy did Harry dodge a bullet!! I read both articles and if Cressidas camp approved them......you can tell they're upset she didn't get a ring on that particular finger. It was very mean spirited.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Totally agree. If cressida held out any hope of getting back with Harry this just threw it out the window. It actually sounded much like a gossipy friend trying to slander their best friends ex but this isn't just a circle of friends. This article is going out to millions of people. This may give cressida some advantage in Hollywood but I doubt she'll be making any friends in the royal circle now. I wouldn't be surprised if Eugenie keeps her distance from cressida now too. I know I wouldn't be too happy if one of my friends talked smack about my cousin, whether it be true or not.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, I meant career-wise. It says she studied Economics at the University of South Africa before she moved to London to get her law degree. So maybe she will try a career with that?
Is the idea that because she resigned from one position she is leaving the legal profession? Maybe she just wants a different kind of lawyering. Or is there a reason that is not in the cards? Has she said?
Old 01-23-2015, 02:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I thought she just took a trip to Africa with her boyfriend.
She did I believe, a few months ago. Nothing since. I think there were some images of them shopping upon their return. The past couple of months it has only been her with friends, then the Christmas holiday...with friends, then her shopping, alone...lately in South Africa, with friends again.

Perhaps she is at a cross roads. New career and perhaps single life for a while?

Interested to know what she does next. I thought she was the spark that ignited the royals, back in the day she was with Henry.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Well, after reading the article I must say Prince Harry is well rid of her for two reasons:
1) This confirms what I suspected during the relationship which was that she or her friends or family were spinning their side of events to the press. The writer begins by referencing an email she has received from Cressy, so Cressy is currently courting the press. The Royal family suffered tremendously from Diana's habit of leaking skewed versions or half truths or even outright lies to the press. William was old enough to see the suffering his mother caused by her press salvos and to be wounded himself by her actions, and as a result has been inordinately cautious with the press and protective of his privacy. Harry, younger and thus perhaps less aware of the crisis his mother caused through her press shenanigans has been less cautious. Harry simply is well rid of a press seeking GF, look at the 'she's better than him' vibe of this piece - it truly reads like the earliest stages of the war of the Wales.
2) The article states that Cressida "[k]nocks back rum straight because that's how she rolls, Hard." And that she "[s]wigs booze from bottles, does shots..." Frankly a hard drinking 20 something is tolerated but tends not to age well. Moreover, given Harry's own hard partying lifestyle it would be best if he didn't settle down with someone also exhibiting signs of possible issues with alcohol.

Rather ironically, after the description of Cressida as a shot drinking booze swigging smoking hard rolling type the writer faults Harry for only being a party loving Prince. Ignored, of course, are Harry's 2 tours of duty in combat zones, his triumph organizing the Invictus games, his work with Sentebale traveling to Lesotho and tirelessly promoting it including the second Chelsea garden he's just helped to design honoring his charity. His foundation with his brother and sister in law, his walking with the wounded participation, his work for his grandmother and his full time job with the military.
The writer opines that until Harry earns an accolade better than 'party Prince' Cressida will always be more impressive than him and that Cressida "stands for something more than herself."
The writer doesn't enlighten us as to what that is -presumably it is the sum total of 'hard rolling' Cressida's accomplishments as outlined in the article to wit: playing a wolf in an obscure play, a bit part in Tulip Fever - not yet released, a video for Mulberry to be on it's website and being flown on their dime to some parties in LA and forming a small acting group with unnamed friends.
While Cressida may well have a successful screen career, I humbly suggest that it's premature to do as the writer does and call her the new Queen of Hearts.
Couldn't agree more. If only this apparent character attack and media spills by her camp stopped, she would gain more traction (respectability wise). She has the fame she needs, use it for her career and let the past go.

Makes me wonder if the breakup so so nasty on his side or that the family hopes were so severely disappointed? Or both?

If she has talent, use it and the fame and let the rest go.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
She did I believe, a few months ago. Nothing since. I think there were some images of them shopping upon their return. The past couple of months it has only been her with friends, then the Christmas holiday...with friends, then her shopping, alone...lately in South Africa, with friends again.

Perhaps she is at a cross roads. New career and perhaps single life for a while?

Interested to know what she does next. I thought she was the spark that ignited the royals, back in the day she was with Henry.

Oh I totally agree. Back then she wasn't controversial or "bad" she was fun and Harry seemed to love that about her. He also seemed a lot happier at that time, to me anyway. I think she would've been good for the royal family. I don't believe just because you marry into it you need to become a stick in the mud-robot. Yes you have to act a certain way, that's to be expected but you don't have to give up your natural zest for life and loving life. Take queen maxima for example, she's always smiling, laughing and genuinely having a good time. I could see Chelsy being that for the RF not another Fergie as some people on here suggest. Fergie a whole other barrel of apples altogether.

As for her career, I guess we'll see. She may very well go back to SA to practice law there. I know being away from home and what you're used to/like can be hard. Maybe she misses SA too much? And for her bf Charles Goode, I don't know, they seemed like a good match but who knows? People change. I'd be interested to see if they're still together in a couple of months.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I think back in the day of Chelsy and Harry the only thing bad that could be said of her is that sometimes she showed up looking like a hot mess. The Royal wedding outfit as a example.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I think back in the day of Chelsy and Harry the only thing bad that could be said of her is that sometimes she showed up looking like a hot mess. The Royal wedding outfit as a example.

She also looked very hungover