Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to see photos of prince Haakon and his exgirlfriends.

Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti: three roommates, only one lover

Miss Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti, now HRH Princess Máxima of the Netherlands has lived on three addresses in New York.

- in 1994, after graduating, Máxima moved to Boston for a language course and a post-graduate course, this was only for a limited period

- in 1995 Máxima moved to New York and lived with Valeria Uranga Rueda (daughter of the director of Asociación Conciencia, a political think tank focusing on Latin America). Valeria's mother Silvia Rueda de Uranga is the executive director and a friend of Máxima's mother María del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta.

- In 1996 Máxima became vice-president Latin-American Institution Sales at HSBC James Capel Inc. in New York

- in May 1997 Máxima moved to Soho in New York City, where she was roommates with a guy named David Anness

- in December 1997 Máxima moved to Chelsea in New York, where she lived at 225 West 20th street, Apt. 2W. She shared this appartement with a guy named Dieter Zimmermann, an American, with whom Máxima would have had a short relationship

- in 1998 Máxima became vice-president Emerging Markets (Equities) at Dresdner Kleinwort Benson in New York

- in 1999 she met Prince Willem-Alexander in Sevilla (Spain)

- in 1999 Máxima became vice-president Institutional Sales at the Deutsche Bank in New York

- in 2000 Máxima worked at the EU-representative office of Deutsche Bank in Brussels

- in March 2001 she became engaged to Prince Willem-Alexander and moved to Huis ten Bosch Palace, to live with the Queen and Prince Claus until the wedding in 2002.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Miss Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti, now HRH Princess Máxima of the Netherlands has lived on three addresses in New York.

- in 1994, after graduating, Máxima moved to Boston for a language course and a post-graduate course, this was only for a limited period

- in 1995 Máxima moved to New York and lived with Valeria Uranga Rueda (daughter of the director of Asociación Conciencia, a political think tank focusing on Latin America). Valeria's mother Silvia Rueda de Uranga is the executive director and a friend of Máxima's mother María del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta.

- In 1996 Máxima became vice-president Latin-American Institution Sales at HSBC James Capel Inc. in New York

- in May 1997 Máxima moved to Soho in New York City, where she was roommates with a guy named David Anness

- in December 1997 Máxima moved to Chelsea in New York, where she lived at 225 West 20th street, Apt. 2W. She shared this appartement with a guy named Dieter Zimmermann, an American, with whom Máxima would have had a short relationship

- in 1998 Máxima became vice-president Emerging Markets (Equities) at Dresdner Kleinwort Benson in New York

- in 1999 she met Prince Willem-Alexander in Sevilla (Spain)

- in 1999 Máxima became vice-president Institutional Sales at the Deutsche Bank in New York

- in 2000 Máxima worked at the EU-representative office of Deutsche Bank in Brussels

- in March 2001 she became engaged to Prince Willem-Alexander and moved to Huis ten Bosch Palace, to live with the Queen and Prince Claus until the wedding in 2002.
There's also the rumors about her having had a long term relationship lasting years with an Italian man.
I find it totally weird that there's no info on Maxima's former boyfriends. As if they're guarding the holy grail secret, come on! :lol:
I mean, it is unthinkable that a good looking gal like her didn't date anyone befor e age 25, when she moved to NY..

donnaK said:
Then you must not have heard what the Spanish King Juan Carlos told his son 'Zarzuela is the place to work, not the place to display fashion' ;).

This is very very nasty for Eva. She was working like a model to pay her studies, it does not mean that her ONLY interest was the fashion..... Many students work, but this does not mean that these "summer" jobs are their ONLY choice...
Letizia used to work in a pizza restaurant as a waitress when she was studying in South America, (I think in Mexico)
Why serving pizzas is better that working in the catwalk???
And Letizia's granfather was taxi driver, why is better
There is no shame to any job.......

Last edited:
Letizia

Princess Letizia worked in a newspaper named "siglo XXI" (century XXI) in Guadalajara, Mexico. I belive that she had a boyfriend in this city. I dont remember his name, but I belive that he was a married man. Here, in Mexico, too, after we knowing the royal commitment, people criticized Letizia for posing, supposedly, in topless, for a front page of a disc of a group called Maná, which, in the particular thing, I do not like this group.
I have understood, also, that she, which was not still known, asked for work in Aztec television, and they did not give it to her.:)

Last edited:
marian said:
Princess Letizia worked in a newspaper named "siglo XXI" (century XXI) in Guadalajara, Mexico. I belive that she had a boyfriend in this city. I dont remember his name, but I belive that he was a married man. Here, in Mexico, too, after we knowing the royal commitment, people criticized Letizia for posing, supposedly, in topless, for a front page of a disc of a group called Maná, which, in the particular thing, I do not like this group.
I have understood, also, that she, which was not still known, asked for work in Aztec television, and they did not give it to her.:)

Ha Ha Ha, lucky her......... If she had obtained this job she would neve had met Felipe......

fandesacs2003 said:
This is very very nasty for Eva. She was working like a model to pay her studies, it does not mean that her ONLY interest was the fashion..... Many students work, but this does not mean that these "summer" jobs are their ONLY choice...
Letizia used to work in a pizza restaurant as a waitress when she was studying in South America, (I think in Mexico)
Why serving pizzas is better that working in the catwalk???
And Letizia's granfather was taxi driver, why is better
There is no shame to any job.......

She had been an underwear model since age of 15. The public education in Norway is free, thus she didn't model to pay for her studies. She had been a professional model for a few years without studies. Letizia, a full time college student, worked at a pizza restauant part time for a year in order to pay for her summer internship in Colombia, the two situations can't be compared.
Yes there is no shame to any job, any profession in a modern society, but so far none of the former underwear models made it to be a future Queen. QMII also rejected Frederick's ex Katja about the same way.

marian said:

Those rumors have been denied.

Last edited:
marian said:

Here's the link on Spanish about the supposedly topless paint that Letizia did (just rumors)

http://www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?&cid=321469

donnaK said:
She had been an underwear model since age of 15. The public education in Norway is free, thus she didn't model to pay for her studies. .

It was a way to earn some money, and she was not a prostitute...

donnaK said:
but so far none of the former underwear models made it to be a future Queen. .
And Mette Marit with her large ekstasis past........, how could she be a Queen:bang:

donnaK said:
Those rumors have been denied.

The artist said that Letizia posed to him dressed, and after the pose he just drawed her topless from his imagination. He never said that she posed topless.
I saw the pic of the painting, you could not even be quite sure that it is her

Last edited:
fandesacs2003 said:
It was a way to earn some money, and she was not a prostitute...
And Mette Marit with her large ekstasis past........, how could she be a Queen:bang:

Nobody suggested Eva was, neither was MM. All I have been telling you was that there is difference between dropping out of school to pursue a career vs. a college student's part time job. Frederick also worked at Harvard's cafeteria when he studied there, it didn't mean anything other than a student job.
On Mette Marit, maybe Harald and Sonja were too desperate for Haakon to be a King instead of his sister to be a Queen; or perhaps Mette Marit is a lot smarter than her resume would suggest. She also has the advantage of being a native Norwegian and didn't do stupid things while dating a prince. I don't think MM would have been accepted in Norway if she were a foreigner.
Those ex are all history. People must be really bored to bring them up. A man/woman could like different type of woman/man at different stage of their life. I remember reading an article from a famous Spanish personality (don't remember her name) who was sitting next to Felipe at a private dinner offered by Kofi Annan. They had long conversations and Felipe told her that he liked women with intellectual restlessness, with ideas, a few months later, he was engaged to Letizia. After she met Letizia, the answer couldn't be clearer.

Last edited:
The press and public were merciless in criticizing Eva, and she had other issues going against her besides her profession. If you look at the some of the other threads/posts in the forums, Eva was not very discrete during her relationship with Felipe: she blabbed to the press and was photographed topless (abet she was sunbathing at the beach). And of course there was the tastelessly inappropriate blue dress to Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding. Had she married Felipe, she might have gained acceptance as Princess/Queen eventually, but she had a lot going against her.

EmpressRouge said:
The press and public were merciless in criticizing Eva, and she had other issues going against her besides her profession. If you look at the some of the other threads/posts in the forums, Eva was not very discrete during her relationship with Felipe: she blabbed to the press and was photographed topless (abet she was sunbathing at the beach). And of course there was the tastelessly inappropriate blue dress to Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding. Had she married Felipe, she might have gained acceptance as Princess/Queen eventually, but she had a lot going against her.

She was stunning with this blue dress, but of course it was inappropriate..... She lost Felipe in some kind by "vanity", she dressed a gown that made her beautiful, but she should have avoided.....
This is why IMO, Letizia, being engaged she was always "covered", she learned from Eva's story.
I do not know anything else about Eva's mistakes, I think it was just a chock of cultures.... In Norway it may be normal to sunbath topless, for a future Queen of Spain it was :bang:
About talking to the press I read that she was very discrete. An important "people" magazine offered her a huge amount to talk about her relationship with Felipe, but she refused.
We should not by unfair with her. She suffered a lot from press, she was pursued every day by them, and finally she lost everything....:wacko:

Last edited:
fandesacs2003 said:
This is why IMO, Letizia, being engaged she was always "covered", she learned from Eva's story.

She actually admitted, in her weblog, that she feared that Felipe was still thinking about Eva, even though they were already married... :neutral:

Verde Esmeralda said:
She actually admitted, in her weblog, that she feared that Felipe was still thinking about Eva, even though they were already married... :neutral:

:lol: :lol:. Letizia had never granted any interview, nor did she write or say anything in any weblog.

Verde Esmeralda said:
Letizia has a weblog??

fandesacs2003 said:
She was stunning with this blue dress, but of course it was inappropriate..... She lost Felipe in some kind by "vanity", she dressed a gown that made her beautiful, but she should have avoided.....
I do not know anything else about Eva's mistakes, I think it was just a chock of cultures.... In Norway it may be normal to sunbath topless, for a future Queen of Spain it was :bang:
About talking to the press I read that she was very discrete. An important "people" magazine offered her a huge amount to talk about her relationship with Felipe, but she refused.
We should not by unfair with her. She suffered a lot from press, she was pursued every day by them, and finally she lost everything....:wacko:

Did any one see Letizia's red dress at the Danish? To me, it was just as inappropriate as Eva's blue number. I think Letizia's saving grace was her relationship with Felipe was not known until the engagement was announced. Then six months later they were married. I think it took the media a little longer to dig up scandalous info on Letizia due to she was already a TV journalist who had to adhere to a certain decorum to maintain her job, and that she she did not talk to the media unless instructed or accompanied by Felipe.

Akilah said:
Did any one see Letizia's red dress at the Danish? To me, it was just as inappropriate as Eva's blue number. I think Letizia's saving grace was her relationship with Felipe was not known until the engagement was announced. Then six months later they were married. I think it took the media a little longer to dig up scandalous info on Letizia due to she was already a TV journalist who had to adhere to a certain decorum to maintain her job, and that she she did not talk to the media unless instructed or accompanied by Felipe.
Interesting comment. Quick question though: when is Felipe said to have met Letizia, what year was that, and when did he breake up with Eva?

Akilah said:

Absolutely right. Eva has been destroyed from the Press. Felipe took the lesson, and they hidde their relationship. Letizia may had not any important scandal in her past, but she was married, living 10 years with this man, any coming from a social level low enough to give "food" to the press. They are able to make scandals with less than that.
Being sercret they avoided any pression. When the engagement was announced, it was too late for the journalists and very difficult to speak badly for the "future Princess of Asturias".
Eva was pursued at her home every day, press was awiting to see where whe was going and if Felipe was coming to meet her. She could not step out of her home, without having cameras. If Letizia had the same situation, who knows how she would have reacted. But once her story known, she moved to Zarzuela, and was "intouchable" because fully protected by the Palace.

princess olga said:
Interesting comment. Quick question though: when is Felipe said to have met Letizia, what year was that, and when did he breake up with Eva?

Eva's "last" appearance was in August 2001, with the famous blue dress, in Mette Marit's wedding. In December 2001, Felipe announced that they had broken.
It is supposed that he met Letizia in October-November 2002.
They announced their marriage in 31 October 2003. So they are supposed to have dated less than a year.

Akilah said:
Did any one see Letizia's red dress at the Danish? To me, it was just as inappropriate as Eva's blue number.

How is Letizia's red dress inappropriate for the Danish wedding ? She had covered herself up rather nicely. She looked sexy mainly because of her own good look, Laurentien had worn a similar dress, she looked nice, but not sexy. Eva's dress was frontless, sideless and backless, a bit too much. But who said that she was being rejected because of her blue dress ? Many in Spain including the King and the leaders of political parties didn't think she had the right intellectual and culture formation for the future queen position in Spain. I don't know how other RFs work, but in Spain, besides the official duties, there are lots of private meetings with politicians, media folks and people from different sectors of the society, a certain edcuation background and experience is needed to fit in the working atomesphere of Zarzuela.

fandesacs2003 said:
Felipe took the lesson, and they hidde their relationship. .

Of course they wanted to keep their relation private for as long as possible, nothing different from other CP couples. They did frequent restaurants, bars, even travelled together a few times. Felipe's advisors, many journalists knew about their relationship before the end of summer 2003. Federico Jiménez Losantos, a famous anti-monarchy journalist mentioned in his biography that the head of the royal household paid him a visit before the engagement and asked for his opinions on the possible public reaction. The only media sector who didn't know were probably the yellow press. Perhaps they had bad luck, or Felipe/Letizia out-smarted them. The yellow press can be very stupid at times. For example, this Christmas, the Princes, the Infantas and their family were at the center of Madrid for 2 hours, they failed to get pictures of them.

fandesacs2003 said:
If Letizia had the same situation, who knows how she would have reacted.

Maybe she just dumped him if that made you happy :). She could be famous and successful on her own, didn't need him as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe she just dumped him if that made you happy :). She could be famous and successful on her own, didn't need him as much.[/quote]

Nothing on this story makes me happy or unhappy. It is their life. I dp not get "personnally" involved.

She could of course become very very very famous, but at this moment she wasn't. This is a fact.
She may have become a female "Larry KIng" or even Prime Minister, but for the moment she was just a good young "local" journalist, nothing more. There are thousand like this, to all TV chains and newspapers.
And now she will become a Queen, and she will stay in the History.
She is happy and bravo, Felipe also. But I do not see the reason for some people to become "angry" whe we say something not 100% positive for her.

There is no comparison about what she was before and was she is now. This is no underevaluating her qualities, it is just analysing some facts.

Quite all actual CP, were not belonging to this world, except CP Mathilde.
Maxima, Mary, Letizia, Mette Maritt(!) may had their own value, but they are thousand of girls like this and it is not their "normally expected" destinies to become Queens. But this is nor a blame neither a shame. So I do not understand why on the Spanish Forums, some people "jump and shout" and are trying to persuade us that Letizia would have become the 8th miracle of the World, without having met Felipe.

Last edited:
donnaK said:
:lol: :lol:. Letizia had never granted any interview, nor did she write or say anything in any weblog.

You're right, Donna K. What I remembered reading & mentioned in my previous post, is a "respectful literary fiction about the public life of a private person" (as said at the very end). I just checked again to be sure :bang:

It is in Spanish, but there is a link to English.

El diario de Letizia Ortiz: El Eva-Test

As you can read here,

"(...)Sofía detestaba a la noruega. Yo también. Me pongo de los nervios cuando alguien la menciona. Y si está Filíp delante, intento mirarlo a los ojos para saber si todavía piensa en ella."

Translated, it says "Sofía [the Queen] hated the norwegian. So do I. I get nervous whenever someone mentions her. And if Fílip [Felipe] is present, i try to look at his eyes to know if he still thinks about her."

The amount of detailed info, names and places, is actually very notorious...

donnaK said:
She had been an underwear model since age of 15. The public education in Norway is free, thus she didn't model to pay for her studies.
Eva went to Westerdals School of Communication for 2 or 3 years which is a private school, and costs today approx 50 000 NOK a year plus other expenses like books, materials, travels etc, this cannot be covered with the normal studenloans in Norway, certainly not when you are living in Oslo, then you need a job on the side, or rich parents:cool: . Compared to that higher public education costs like 1000 NOK a year plus books etc etc.

I want to know more about Emily Bremers, Willem-Alexander's ex-girlfriend. I found some pictures posted in this thread, but I am a little bit curious...thanx

What would you like to know? She was deemed unsuitable by the court, but seemed like a nice girl. In the end she settled with Jhr. Roderick van der Wijck. She studied in Leiden (I believe law) and her father was an orthodotist who moved to Belgium for tax-reasons. Her mother was originally from Zealand I believe, her last name is Rottier.

Verde Esmeralda said:
You're right, Donna K. What I remembered reading & mentioned in my previous post, is a "respectful literary fiction about the public life of a private person" (as said at the very end). I just checked again to be sure :bang:

It is in Spanish, but there is a link to English.

El diario de Letizia Ortiz: El Eva-Test

I didn't know you were talking about this website. I read it long time ago, some hilarious writings. By the way, someone else also created a similar website for Felipe, pretended to be him and wrote his diary, more serious than Letizia's.

fandesacs2003 said:
Nothing on this story makes me happy or unhappy. It is their life. I dp not get "personnally" involved.

She could of course become very very very famous, but at this moment she wasn't. This is a fact.
She may have become a female "Larry KIng" or even Prime Minister, but for the moment she was just a good young "local" journalist, nothing more. There are thousand like this, to all TV chains and newspapers.
And now she will become a Queen, and she will stay in the History.
She is happy and bravo, Felipe also. But I do not see the reason for some people to become "angry" whe we say something not 100% positive for her.

I was just joking, sorry if it offended you. It's just normal that royal princes dumped their girlfriends, or they were dumped by the girls, I'm pretty sure it happened to all of them.
TVE news had 8 mi regular viewers in Spain, about 1/5 of the population. Also international TVE is available everywhere. She was on the right track to be famous as a journalist even without marrying Felipe, that was my point.

fandesacs2003 said:
There is no comparison about what she was before and was she is now. This is no underevaluating her qualities, it is just analysing some facts.

Never said it was the same. But she also would have more freedom, more flexibilities at what she wanted to do career wise.

fandesacs2003 said:
Quite all actual CP, were not belonging to this world, except CP Mathilde.
Maxima, Mary, Letizia, Mette Maritt(!) may had their own value, but they are thousand of girls like this and it is not their "normally expected" destinies to become Queens. But this is nor a blame neither a shame. So I do not understand why on the Spanish Forums, some people "jump and shout" and are trying to persuade us that Letizia would have become the 8th miracle of the World, without having met Felipe.

I hadn't seen much discussion on Letizia on the assumption if she hadn't met Felipe in the Spanish Forums. Maybe you should go there to tell them if you have issues with their style.

Doña Metizia said:
Do you happen to remember the link for "Felipe's blog"?

I saw it on the Infanta board before. I will ask the posters on the Spanish Forums here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom