The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Well...maybe...at least if you are inclined to believe any of the foolishness on the Internet. (This is totally a joke. I ran across these by chance and found them incredibly amusing!)

Cressida Bonas Causing Chelsy Davy to Leave London? | Gather
Kate Middleton Prefers Chelsy Davy To Cressida Bonas For Prince Harry | Celeb Dirty Laundry
Chelsy’s supposed to be off to Istanbul ...???
Really? Istanbul? Or rather South Africa? ... Cudos to Chelsy for hiding her reall destination. Wishing her the best and if a private life is what she want, hopefully she will get it.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post

Chelsy’s supposed to be off to Istanbul ...???
Really? Istanbul? Or rather South Africa? ... Cudos to Chelsy for hiding her reall destination. Wishing her the best and if a private life is what she want, hopefully she will get it.
Istanbul...Timbuktu....wherever the press decide is far enough away. Lol

I agree about wishing her the best though wherever in God's kingdom she goes.

If it's all true of course...

Old 03-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I feel sorry for Chelsy. She is a bright attractive girl who will never be left alone because she once dated Harry. It's over 3 years isn't it since they were together? Hope she finds some privacy somewhere.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I feel sorry for Chelsy. She is a bright attractive girl who will never be left alone because she once dated Harry. It's over 3 years isn't it since they were together? Hope she finds some privacy somewhere.
I think once Harry settles down with someone else (and gets married) the pressure on Chelsy will fade and she'll disappear into our collective memory (which seems to be what she wants).
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Maybe on day when Harry is in a serious relationship or married. Then they will stop worrying about her. Although right on Cressida is feeling the media attention no doubt. But they will drag the Harry and Chelsy story out til it's dead, beaten, fries, and tenderized.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I think once Harry settles down with someone else (and gets married) the pressure on Chelsy will fade and she'll disappear into our collective memory (which seems to be what she wants).
It didnt work for Peter Townsend, and the ex girlfriends of Charles & Andrew still get the "ex" label when they are written about.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

It didnt work for Peter Townsend, and the ex girlfriends of Charles & Andrew still get the "ex" label when they are written about.
Oh, yeah, she'll probably always have the "ex" label, but the general pressure on her, and the speculation about who she's with (and how he compares to Harry) will die down. How much speculation is there surrounding William's exes, or for that matter Andrew or Charles' (asides from Sarah). I mean, really, how much was Camilla hounded between when she and Charles dated and when people began to question an affair?

Chelsy is always going to be remembered as Harry's ex, and until Harry settles down with someone else people are going to continue to bring her up and speculate about something happening between her and Harry. That will likely change once Harry gets married, so long as he and his future wife appear happy.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I don't feel sorry for Chelsy; she's not some simpering "girl", she is an intelligent 27 year old adult woman with a good education and the world at her feet. She's a lawyer at the beginning of her career. Her life is not defined in terms of who she was once in a relationship with, but by decisions and achievements of her own. Yes, if she ever comes to the attention of the press again, she'll probably be described as Harry's ex, because the press can't help themselves, but that is not who Chelsy Davy is.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I think Chelsy will be fine. She's currently taking time off to travel and just enjoy life. Sounds ideal.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

No matter what Chelsy does or accomplishes in her life, someone will hang "Harry's ex" on her. Harry seems to have a new serious relationship and despite the fact they have not been a couple for 3 years, the media was publishing articles on Chelsy!!!!!

The media has been relentless. I imagine that the least bit of trouble in Harry's marriage and someone will drag her name out.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Isn't Chelsy in a new relationship with someone, aswell? I saw pictures of them at an airport and he was very goodlooking.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
The media has been relentless. I imagine that the least bit of trouble in Harry's marriage and someone will drag her name out.
Probably, but shouldnt we wait for him to actually be in a relationship and get married before talking about trouble in his as yet non-existent marriage?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
I see Chelsy one day being compared to Camilla. In that sense, I really feel sorry for her.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this is part of what Harry meant when he said it was difficult for potential partners. If it works out, she will be tracked for the rest of her life, have comparisons made with ex girlfriends and Catherine; and if it doesn't work out then she will be tracked for the rest of her life, with any boyfriend compared against Harry, comparisons made with THE ONE etc etc .

grim.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sadly that's what people like to do. It's like with all the comparisons between Catherine and Diana - or Diana and Sarah for that matter. I think in a way Edward was smart to not marry until after the failure of his brothers' marriages - Sophie doesn't seem to have the same amount of pressure placed on her as Diana and Sarah had to deal with, or as Catherine gets.

As long as they exist, really, Harry's girlfriends and future wife will be compared to Chelsy, Diana, Catherine, and really probably any other long term girlfriend that appears between Chelsy and the future wife. The future wife might also get compared to Sophie (in that their roles as the wife of the younger son of the (future) monarch presumably will be similar), while his exes (especially Chelsy) will get Camilla comparisons. Catherine, meanwhile, can look forward to a continuation of the Diana comparisons, then eventually comparisons to HM, Prince Philip, and QEQM. William will be compared to his mother, father and his grandmother, Harry to his mother and uncles. It's not really a fun outlook for them....
Old 03-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well...maybe...at least if you are inclined to believe any of the foolishness on the Internet. (This is totally a joke. I ran across these by chance and found them incredibly amusing!)

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981853508
Kate Middleton Prefers Chelsy Davy To Cressida Bonas For Prince Harry | Celeb Dirty Laundry
Yeah, I know...it is all a bit much - these stories, I mean - but I think none of these events are a coincidence. I think Chelsy has planned this exit. For what reasons, we do not know for sure, but possibly a combination of what is in those ridiculous articles!

We will see what happens...
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Nobility

Unfortunately the press see her as excellent story material. There will always be people who love her and say she was his true love or whatever and go on and on about her. And since the press now call them the Playboy Prince they can make of affair story or how he's feeling nostalgic and it will continue...forever.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 AM
Nobility

Is it true that Monaco's Caroline dated Prince Charles? If yes, when? Thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Cressida Bonas Causing Chelsy Davy to Leave London? | Gather
They are amusing Anna, thank you for the links.

I find it interesting that Henry is in London instead of Africa (with Cressida). I wonder if he chose to be there to try and stop Chelsy from leaving...Mmm?
Old 03-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post

They are amusing Anna, thank you for the links.

I find it interesting that Henry is in London instead of Africa (with Cressida). I wonder if he chose to be there to try and stop Chelsy from leaving...Mmm?
I doubt it. Henry is in London because he is in London. It was never confirmed he would go to the Calthorpe wedding. From information I believed the wedding party left when Henry was in Switzerland.
Also, didn't Chelsy leave ages ago?