Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chelsy met the Queen at Peter's wedding.

I think she and Harry were too young when they got together. If they had met each other now, at this point in their life, they probably would have had more of a chance. Too bad really, I also really liked them together.

I certainly have never read anything about him cheating on her whilst they were in a relationship. I did read that he would forget to collect her from the airport and other neglectful behaviours, but not actual cheating. I believe he was immature and possibly even a flirt but again, nothing about him cheating. I have, over the years, read that she did not like the English weather and that the media and public attention was dreadful to her. I also read that she wanted a career and not a ribbon cutting future in the public eye.

My personal opinion would be that his immaturity and a life as a royal was, in the end, not appealing to her and that she told him so after attending the wedding of K&W. Henry was reported as being overheard by staff at the venue they were at (before or after the wedding) that she was next and she had laughed with him. Then came the news that she had said NO to that prospect and that he accepted her decision.

Do any of you have any links to articles on his alleged cheating?

No one knows what happened between Harry and Chelsy, because neither of them talked about what happened. Then again, Harry did an interview with Katie Couric, and he explained that he would like to find someone that could handle being royal.

Someone needs to clue me in on the modern definition of "cheating." To me, cheating means being engaged and your paramour sleeps with someone else. How can someone cheat when there is no commitment?

Someone needs to clue me in on the modern definition of "cheating." To me, cheating means being engaged and your paramour sleeps with someone else. How can someone cheat when there is no commitment?

IMO if you're in an exclusive relationship with someone and this has been agreed by both parties and understand then anything from passionate kissing upwards is cheating.
No engagement is necessary.

IMO if you're in an exclusive relationship with someone and this has been agreed by both parties and understand then anything from passionate kissing upwards is cheating.

I seeeeeeee....lots of cheating going on out there, then!

Well they are both older and hopefully have a better sense of what they want in the future....but they sure looked happy when they were together

I agree with your definition of cheating. Couple that is "dating" for even 6 to 9 months and either one accepts date from third party, this is not cheating to me. It just means that something is still missing from long relationship or the couple wouldn't want to be with another. MPO is that one can only cheat on a public commitment to another person. If there is no public commitment, one of the couple is still looking around for better. It is weird when a couple breaks up after a few months and claims they are now single. They were always single. No rings or documents changed hands so legally they were single no matter what the modern swingers think.

That's how I see it too.

I think the definition of cheating has everything to do with what generation one is a member. :flowers: Casual dating is one thing, but as one becomes exclusive, there are expectations, conversations, understandings. How someone handles that time of 'understandings' is very telling. That's the point.

Chelsy has always seemed to me a woman who knows what she wants and what she will put up with. She always struck me as a pretty authentic person, at the very least.

Once again, she gave a direct quote to her friend Dean Piper. Those two have vacationed together before in Ibiza. They have mutual friends. I don't think he would fabricate a quote from her.

Here's the article/quote.

Chelsy puts boot in over 'cheat' Harry - Mirror Online

Well, I confess this is the first time I have read anything of it. If he has cheated on her then forget it! I guess it ties in with the kind of behaviour as described in the article bellow:
Stripper Carrie Reichert claims she will use Prince Harry's underwear in her act | Daily Mail Online

Excellent reason for no reconciliation. Thank you Miss Whirley!:flowers:

I agree with your definition of cheating. Couple that is "dating" for even 6 to 9 months and either one accepts date from third party, this is not cheating to me. It just means that something is still missing from long relationship or the couple wouldn't want to be with another. MPO is that one can only cheat on a public commitment to another person. If there is no public commitment, one of the couple is still looking around for better. It is weird when a couple breaks up after a few months and claims they are now single. They were always single. No rings or documents changed hands so legally they were single no matter what the modern swingers think.

What is a "public commitment”? After 6 to 9 months the only thing that’s missing from a long relationship is time. And when one party goes on a date with someone else he/she will not get more than 6 to 9 months and he/she probably didn’t think the relationship was worth enough. But as far as I’m concerned.. if that’s the case people should at least have the balls to tell the person they are having that “not very long” relationship with.

This all is crazy to me if your with a partner and say you love them then go with someone else that's cheating.
If you just go out to movies or something a couple of times maybe not
If the other person doesn't know about it.
It's cheating

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The main thing I have realized from this Harry/Chelsy discussion is a generation social thing. We didn't holiday with a date for instance even after "dating" for a year or even after engagement was posted in newspapers and church. Plus obvious sex was not displayed and only ever talked about by "those people". In those days the church or your priest, minister or rabbi had quite a lot to talk to you and your parents about if so-called slutting around was made public. Then if you broke up [for any reason] Mothers didn't want their daughters associating with "that fast trash boy" and other mothers thought that "easy slut" would never be good enough for their darling son". It was the way were raised in the 40's. I guess it was just another "world" of social requirements and the majority followed quite closely. Probably why we were such randy little devils from wedding night on!

Ah you’re from the same generation as my mother. That explains your post. Apparently back then, if couples didn’t get pregnant fast enough the vicar would come over for a chat. :ROFLMAO:

Cressida Bonas goes with aristocratic ex-boyfriend on Valentine's date | Daily Mail Online
He's the clean-cut aristocrat who was reportedly left devastated when girlfriend Cressida Bonas left him for Prince Harry.

Now it seems the boot is on the other foot, after Harry Wentworth-Stanley, 26, was pictured clutching Miss Bonas' hand as they stepped out together on Valentine's Day.

The pair, who first became an item while studying at the University of Leeds, were spotted walking hand-in-hand through the streets of London's Soho.

He's very dashing! And it looks like they are a good fit for each other. Better him than Prince Harry.

I agree. :flowers: They look normal together, not like when Cressida was with Harry. What a strange pairing that was. Never a normal walk hand-in-hand down a street. Whether that was Cressida's doing or Harry's, she looks far more genuinely happy now. Good for her!

I agree. :flowers: They look normal together, not like when Cressida was with Harry. What a strange pairing that was. Never a normal walk hand-in-hand down a street. Whether that was Cressida's doing or Harry's, she looks far more genuinely happy now. Good for her!

I agree, Harry and Cressida looked more like just good friends or brother and sister than anything else.

Last edited:
Where William and Isabella actually together? To me it seemed like more tabloid fiction since the story was always William wanted her and she said no so he went back to Kate. Sort of like Jecca Craig who never actually dated Wills but is always linked to the practice engagement story as teenagers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Well they are both older and hopefully have a better sense of what they want in the future....but they sure looked happy when they were together
I would have to agree. For the most part they seemed to bring the best out in each other and usually looked relaxed and happy.

I can never understand the carping about her looking dishevelled, cheap, tacky, even dirty! I don't think she deserved that sort of attack and now, with the virtue of 20/20 hindsight, it is easy to see that she was good for him and kept him grounded. Pity the royal life never appealed to her.

I agree with you Marg. Although, if he is the cheating kind, I expect her NOT to ever consider returning to him.

I would have to agree. For the most part they seemed to bring the best out in each other and usually looked relaxed and happy.

I can never understand the carping about her looking dishevelled, cheap, tacky, even dirty! I don't think she deserved that sort of attack and now, with the virtue of 20/20 hindsight, it is easy to see that she was good for him and kept him grounded. Pity the royal life never appealed to her.

I agree. I would've liked to see them make it.

Back
Top Bottom