Royals' Ex-Partners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Harry's ex Cressida Bonas was interviewed by The Sunday Times.

Untitled — See ya, Harry — Cressida was always too cool to be...

Well, after reading the article I must say Prince Harry is well rid of her for two reasons:
1) This confirms what I suspected during the relationship which was that she or her friends or family were spinning their side of events to the press. The writer begins by referencing an email she has received from Cressy, so Cressy is currently courting the press. The Royal family suffered tremendously from Diana's habit of leaking skewed versions or half truths or even outright lies to the press. William was old enough to see the suffering his mother caused by her press salvos and to be wounded himself by her actions, and as a result has been inordinately cautious with the press and protective of his privacy. Harry, younger and thus perhaps less aware of the crisis his mother caused through her press shenanigans has been less cautious. Harry simply is well rid of a press seeking GF, look at the 'she's better than him' vibe of this piece - it truly reads like the earliest stages of the war of the Wales.
2) The article states that Cressida "[k]nocks back rum straight because that's how she rolls, Hard." And that she "wigs booze from bottles, does shots..." Frankly a hard drinking 20 something is tolerated but tends not to age well. Moreover, given Harry's own hard partying lifestyle it would be best if he didn't settle down with someone also exhibiting signs of possible issues with alcohol.

Rather ironically, after the description of Cressida as a shot drinking booze swigging smoking hard rolling type the writer faults Harry for only being a party loving Prince. Ignored, of course, are Harry's 2 tours of duty in combat zones, his triumph organizing the Invictus games, his work with Sentebale traveling to Lesotho and tirelessly promoting it including the second Chelsea garden he's just helped to design honoring his charity. His foundation with his brother and sister in law, his walking with the wounded participation, his work for his grandmother and his full time job with the military.
The writer opines that until Harry earns an accolade better than 'party Prince' Cressida will always be more impressive than him and that Cressida "stands for something more than herself."
The writer doesn't enlighten us as to what that is -presumably it is the sum total of 'hard rolling' Cressida's accomplishments as outlined in the article to wit: playing a wolf in an obscure play, a bit part in Tulip Fever - not yet released, a video for Mulberry to be on it's website and being flown on their dime to some parties in LA and forming a small acting group with unnamed friends.
While Cressida may well have a successful screen career, I humbly suggest that it's premature to do as the writer does and call her the new Queen of Hearts.

Last edited:
:previous: Well said. I'm disgusted by all this... and very happy that Harry could move on and rid of Cressida...

Royals' ex-partners

The shot at Kate at the end seems unnecessary.

Quote: "And also why, unlike Kate, Cressida feels important-as a modern, go-getting young woman."

Oh brother. Let me know if scrunchie comes back.

I looked at the IMBD page for Tulip Fever. She is listed between a woman who plays a serving woman and a guy who plays boat driver with a guy with no role listed directly above her. It's a totally bit part.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Many thanks, Mirabel. :flowers: Maybe she intends to go home to South Africa?

She seems to still be living in London so I'm not sure about that. I guess time will tell. What do you think she would do in South Africa?

Boy did Harry dodge a bullet!! I read both articles and if Cressidas camp approved them......you can tell they're upset she didn't get a ring on that particular finger. It was very mean spirited.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Its a dog eat dog world in the entertainment publicity business and this article put Harry in Milkbone underwear. Its more to paint the picture of just how wonderful and glorious Cressy is and gets her name out there so she becomes known and sought after than really having anything to do with her relationship with Harry that has been put in the ancient history files.

Whereas Cressida needs the publicity to gain a fan base, Harry doesn't. What Harry is doing is for the good of his sovereign, his country and his people and hers is for her own career.

She seems to still be living in London so I'm not sure about that. I guess time will tell. What do you think she would do in South Africa?

Be a lawyer. Get married. Raise a family. Live. It's her family's home, not so? :flowers:

Be a lawyer. Get married. Raise a family. Live. It's her family's home, not so? :flowers:

Yes, I meant career-wise. It says she studied Economics at the University of South Africa before she moved to London to get her law degree. So maybe she will try a career with that?

Royals' ex-partners

Boy did Harry dodge a bullet!! I read both articles and if Cressidas camp approved them......you can tell they're upset she didn't get a ring on that particular finger. It was very mean spirited.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Totally agree. If cressida held out any hope of getting back with Harry this just threw it out the window. It actually sounded much like a gossipy friend trying to slander their best friends ex but this isn't just a circle of friends. This article is going out to millions of people. This may give cressida some advantage in Hollywood but I doubt she'll be making any friends in the royal circle now. I wouldn't be surprised if Eugenie keeps her distance from cressida now too. I know I wouldn't be too happy if one of my friends talked smack about my cousin, whether it be true or not.

Yes, I meant career-wise. It says she studied Economics at the University of South Africa before she moved to London to get her law degree. So maybe she will try a career with that?

Is the idea that because she resigned from one position she is leaving the legal profession? Maybe she just wants a different kind of lawyering. Or is there a reason that is not in the cards? Has she said? :flowers:

I thought she just took a trip to Africa with her boyfriend.

She did I believe, a few months ago. Nothing since. I think there were some images of them shopping upon their return. The past couple of months it has only been her with friends, then the Christmas holiday...with friends, then her shopping, alone...lately in South Africa, with friends again.

Perhaps she is at a cross roads. New career and perhaps single life for a while?

Interested to know what she does next. I thought she was the spark that ignited the royals, back in the day she was with Henry.

Well, after reading the article I must say Prince Harry is well rid of her for two reasons:
1) This confirms what I suspected during the relationship which was that she or her friends or family were spinning their side of events to the press. The writer begins by referencing an email she has received from Cressy, so Cressy is currently courting the press. The Royal family suffered tremendously from Diana's habit of leaking skewed versions or half truths or even outright lies to the press. William was old enough to see the suffering his mother caused by her press salvos and to be wounded himself by her actions, and as a result has been inordinately cautious with the press and protective of his privacy. Harry, younger and thus perhaps less aware of the crisis his mother caused through her press shenanigans has been less cautious. Harry simply is well rid of a press seeking GF, look at the 'she's better than him' vibe of this piece - it truly reads like the earliest stages of the war of the Wales.
2) The article states that Cressida "[k]nocks back rum straight because that's how she rolls, Hard." And that she "wigs booze from bottles, does shots..." Frankly a hard drinking 20 something is tolerated but tends not to age well. Moreover, given Harry's own hard partying lifestyle it would be best if he didn't settle down with someone also exhibiting signs of possible issues with alcohol.

Rather ironically, after the description of Cressida as a shot drinking booze swigging smoking hard rolling type the writer faults Harry for only being a party loving Prince. Ignored, of course, are Harry's 2 tours of duty in combat zones, his triumph organizing the Invictus games, his work with Sentebale traveling to Lesotho and tirelessly promoting it including the second Chelsea garden he's just helped to design honoring his charity. His foundation with his brother and sister in law, his walking with the wounded participation, his work for his grandmother and his full time job with the military.
The writer opines that until Harry earns an accolade better than 'party Prince' Cressida will always be more impressive than him and that Cressida "stands for something more than herself."
The writer doesn't enlighten us as to what that is -presumably it is the sum total of 'hard rolling' Cressida's accomplishments as outlined in the article to wit: playing a wolf in an obscure play, a bit part in Tulip Fever - not yet released, a video for Mulberry to be on it's website and being flown on their dime to some parties in LA and forming a small acting group with unnamed friends.
While Cressida may well have a successful screen career, I humbly suggest that it's premature to do as the writer does and call her the new Queen of Hearts.

Couldn't agree more. If only this apparent character attack and media spills by her camp stopped, she would gain more traction (respectability wise). She has the fame she needs, use it for her career and let the past go.

Makes me wonder if the breakup so so nasty on his side or that the family hopes were so severely disappointed? Or both?

If she has talent, use it and the fame and let the rest go.:cool:

She did I believe, a few months ago. Nothing since. I think there were some images of them shopping upon their return. The past couple of months it has only been her with friends, then the Christmas holiday...with friends, then her shopping, alone...lately in South Africa, with friends again.

Perhaps she is at a cross roads. New career and perhaps single life for a while?

Interested to know what she does next. I thought she was the spark that ignited the royals, back in the day she was with Henry.

Oh I totally agree. Back then she wasn't controversial or "bad" she was fun and Harry seemed to love that about her. He also seemed a lot happier at that time, to me anyway. I think she would've been good for the royal family. I don't believe just because you marry into it you need to become a stick in the mud-robot. Yes you have to act a certain way, that's to be expected but you don't have to give up your natural zest for life and loving life. Take queen maxima for example, she's always smiling, laughing and genuinely having a good time. I could see Chelsy being that for the RF not another Fergie as some people on here suggest. Fergie a whole other barrel of apples altogether.

As for her career, I guess we'll see. She may very well go back to SA to practice law there. I know being away from home and what you're used to/like can be hard. Maybe she misses SA too much? And for her bf Charles Goode, I don't know, they seemed like a good match but who knows? People change. I'd be interested to see if they're still together in a couple of months.

I think back in the day of Chelsy and Harry the only thing bad that could be said of her is that sometimes she showed up looking like a hot mess. The Royal wedding outfit as a example.

I think back in the day of Chelsy and Harry the only thing bad that could be said of her is that sometimes she showed up looking like a hot mess. The Royal wedding outfit as a example.

She also looked very hungover

Royals' ex-partners

Ok this keeps being brought up. Ya she didn't look her best at the wedding but she sure didn't look like she'd been trampled on by a thousand horses either. I thought there were other ladies that looked worse at the wedding. And she might have looked hung over because when she was dating harry they were in their early twenties and were going out a lot and drinking. Kate certainly had her fair share of drunk and disheveled photos too. As did Harry.

I seldom saw Cressida when she wasn't dirty and disheveled in appearance.
She never seemed to try to look like a woman a prince was dating.

I must admit, I do miss those Harry and Chelsy days. They looked very happy together and didn't mind showing the world their love and affection for each other. Harry haven't had a relationship like that since.

Sadly, nothing...

Even worse, Chelsy was at another party last weekend and no Henry. Don't think this horse is ever going to raise from the dead. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chelsy-Davy-Fans/387730324586111

Why would she re-connect with someone who was unfaithful? Possibly even with her, if only to flirt, while ostensibly with another. She knows more than any of us, and if she is staying clear, there must be good reasons. :sad: She don't love him anymore, maybe never did. After all, she said 'no'.

Why would she re-connect with someone who was unfaithful? Possibly even with her, if only to flirt, while ostensibly with another. She knows more than any of us, and if she is staying clear, there must be good reasons. :sad: She don't love him anymore, maybe never did. After all, she said 'no'.

He was unfaithful ?? How did I miss that one!
Who with and when did that happen ?

He was unfaithful ?? How did I miss that one!
Who with and when did that happen ?

There have been tons of stories that went around. Also that she never said "No" as she was never asked. Never read where she was presented officially to queen. You can believe any story out there, but neither of the main characters have made a proper public statement so take with a grain of salt. Media loves to make up garbage all the time. They just might have gone their separate ways. Happens all the time even after dating many years. No one but these two know 100% what went on and why.

Not a rumor. She gave a direct quote to a journalist pal when asked about one of the break-ups, "He cheated on me".

I don't know if you guys are familiar with the reporter Dean Piper. He and Chelsy have a warm relationship. They have vacationed together in the past with their group of mutual friends. She has her allies in the media.

I'm glad she gets her side out. She had to put up with a lot.

Not a rumor. She gave a direct quote to a journalist pal when asked about one of the break-ups, "He cheated on me".

I admit I never read that in proper news outlet. I know I never read that Harry proposed marriage. If he did cheat, his heart certainly wasn't in the relationship other than the obvious. They are better apart if that is the case. I am sure that Harry will settle down when and if the time is right for him. He doesn't seem all that worried. Still young.

Back
Top Bottom