The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
Where did you hear that she quit her job? I saw it like 2 days ago but it was in one of those satire pieces. if was wondering though if that got put into the satire from a real story.
I think I saw the same thing you saw! Now I think of it, it must have been on the Spoof site!

Duke of Marmalade, I have to agree with what you say even though I don't want to, because I like believing the best of people. The Sisterhood Challenge was indeed odd (the posing, unbelievable) and still more odd is her withdrawal from it! It puts the Sisterhood in the unenviable position of finding and training someone in a fortnight! And what for? Why? The "Clarence House" explanation of Richard Kay does not make any sense to me. I do not believe Clarence House could have taken any position on it, let alone that that one!

Old 08-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I wouldn't expect that Kate would have an incentive to 'manage' the media if she were no longer dating William. If I were a 25 year old girl in London who just broke up with my longterm boyfriend, managing the media would be at the bottom of the totem pole in my list of priorities, my top priority would be to have some fun and forget the relationship.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Britain's most stylish and indispensable society guide | British Tatler

In the Tatler of September 2007 there is an article about the top 10 Kates:

.. Kate Middleton, the most famous girlfriend in the world. After splitting from her royal boyfriend in April, Kate attended up to seven cocktail parties a night, often with her sister Pippa. She is now back with the Prince and is admired not only for her dress sense but also for her ability to look sober will into the early hours. Kate rate: 10/10 Perfect!...........

So it must be true, they are together again.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 PM

Seven cocktail parties in one night?! She did not spend more than a pass-through at any of them? How pointless! To get all dolled-up and not stay for a good quality time, I don't understand it!

Oh well. Here are some pictures and videos of Kate I have put together so you just have one click (and a few back-clicks, but besides....)
http://chewstercastle.blogspot.com/2...nd-sister.html
Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
So it must be true, they are together again.
Yes, of course... because a fashion magazine says so...

Duke of Marmelade, unfortunately, I agree 100% with your last post... Kate was such a disappointment; what a change, after the break up! As you say, I don't see any Princess material anymore. Ultimately, she came out as the completely opposite kind of girl she seemed to be... people really disappoint us, sometimes.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Yes, of course... because a fashion magazine says so...

Duke of Marmelade, unfortunately, I agree 100% with your last post... Kate was such a disappointment; what a change, after the break up! As you say, I don't see any Princess material anymore. Ultimately, she came out as the completely opposite kind of girl she seemed to be... people really disappoint us, sometimes.
Well, what did you expect? to see her crying around corners cause Wills dumped her. I dont know, I cant exactly blame her for the media attention, is not like she calls paparazzis and buys all the copies of the tabloids or newspapers she appears on. I dont know what are you supposed to act around such attention.

What are we expecting to consider her a royal girlfriend again? A public appearance with Wills?
Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
Well, what did you expect? to see her crying around corners cause Wills dumped her. I dont know, I cant exactly blame her for the media attention, is not like she calls paparazzis
We can't say that she doesn't encourage the paparazi's harassment, especially after seing her posing with her rowing sisters...
Honestly, I didn't expect to see her wearing mini dresses and taking photos of paparazi with a mobile phone, while clubbing in the middle of the week, two or three times a week... that's just the kind of behaviour I did never expect to see on her, I must confess. She seemed to me as a discreet girl... not better nor worse, just different...

But - what can I say - sometimes people just disappoint us. It's not a big deal.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
We can't say that she doesn't encourage the paparazi's harassment,
I can understand how you feel that way, as it can seem like encouragement when you forget the context in which the photos are taken. But actually if you stop to think about it, can you say it makes sense that she is asking the paparazzi to wait for her outside her house, to wait outside clubs for her to come out, to wait for her outside her work? What is a person supposed to do, how to act? She is just living, and people are getting "news" about her walking down a street, so it looks like that is all she does.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Apologies if this video has been posted before. I just saw it today. I give CBS a little more credence than tabloid news, so who knows?

Royalty.nu - Royal News
Old 08-15-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Apologies if this video has been posted before. I just saw it today. I give CBS a little more credence than tabloid news, so who knows?

Royalty.nu - Royal News
I think the guy standing in front of Kensington Palace had it right when he said it's not so much of them being "back on" as it is that they were never truly "off".
Old 08-16-2007, 04:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

[quote=avrilo;653784]
Quote:
Well, what did you expect? to see her crying around corners cause Wills dumped her. I dont know, I cant exactly blame her for the media attention, is not like she calls paparazzis and buys all the copies of the tabloids or newspapers she appears on. I dont know what are you supposed to act around such attention.
Well, she is a private person. If she did not want the attention, she should behave accordingly, meaning in a low key manner. No clubbing at in places, no short short dresses, no high profile media projects. I don't say that this is a good thing or an appropriate life for a young woman, but this is how it works. I am repeating myself here, this is England, and there are no exeptions for Miss Middleton regarding the usual press behaviour, I am afraid. And after having been several years with the second in line to the British throne, she should have understood by now. It's all up to her - her lifestyle will reflect on the media attention, very simple, and you can't have it all. Maybe her advisors should take this into consideration before complaining again about poor Kate being constantly followed by the press.

Quote:
What are we expecting to consider her a royal girlfriend again? A public appearance with Wills?
Yes.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Courtier

She's young. She has friends who go to clubs. This is what she is supposed to do. Go out. It's a shame she had to drop out of rowing b/c of it. She had the opportunity to do something interesting and the media ruined it.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Courtier

Does anyone have a picture of Dieter Zimmerman, Máxima's ex-boyfriend (the man she was dating before meeting WA, I understand) ?
Old 08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Kate and William are on holiday. I love how the mail is claiming they aren't giving out the name of the hotel to protect their privacy.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Does anyone have a picture of Dieter Zimmerman, Máxima's ex-boyfriend (the man she was dating before meeting WA, I understand) ?
I never saw a picture of him but it is by no means sure that the two dated. I have read several times that Dieter Zimmerman doesn´t feel attracted to the opposite sex.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I never saw a picture of him but it is by no means sure that the two dated. I have read several times that Dieter Zimmerman doesn´t feel attracted to the opposite sex.
Indeed all we know about their relationship is that the two shared a flat in Manhattan. If I may speak from personal experience for a sec, I've lived in NYC also, and also shared apartments there with other people - females as well as males - which in no way meant I was also <dating> these people, on the contrary. Long sentence short: seems to me this Dieter was a roommate of Maxima's, nothing less or more.

That said, Maxima's dating past is kept very very vague - especially for a girl who must have had a fair share of admirers, if not boyfriends.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, if we have to believe her Argentinian friend(s) who spoke in ZDF´s Konigskinder, Maxima didn´t find a man in Argentina as she was too independant and tall (or something like that). It was apparently one of the reasons she left to NYC, with tears in the eyes according to one of the friends.

Now it is easy to say that the friends just say this to be nicce, but I don´t think friends would be encouraged to lie by the court, rather to not tell.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, if we have to believe her Argentinian friend(s) who spoke in ZDF´s Konigskinder, Maxima didn´t find a man in Argentina as she was too independant and tall (or something like that). It was apparently one of the reasons she left to NYC, with tears in the eyes according to one of the friends.

Now it is easy to say that the friends just say this to be nicce, but I don´t think friends would be encouraged to lie by the court, rather to not tell.
how very interesting! I actually believe it, Maxima is tall even in the Netherlands I think, which is the country with the tallest people in the world.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Kate has been given a security pass at CH. She can come and go as she pleases.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, is Kate "an ex-partner" anymore? Maybe after this trip they are a couple in public again...