Royals Eating & Drinking

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fish is my favorite stuff to eat..Maybe is for that, I like Japanese food!

Vanesa.

One of the things I simply HATE is to drink or eat in public...Of course, not in parties or places where there are friends or family but COMPLETE stranges.

Vanesa.

Ugh! She seems like she has drunk too much! This is a pic for "caption this" thread! :lol:

Vanesa.

Verde Esmeralda, you are right the picture of Mary was taken in Sydney before her marriage.

Royal's favourite dish ?

These days I feel like cooking and I was just wondering what are Royal's favourite dishes :wub:

Mine is couscous, I should live in Maghreb ! :lol:

What I have found on the web :

According to the site Wayodd, the favorite dish of Britain's late Queen Mother was Eggs Drumbiko - a dish made from chopped eggs, seafood, tomatoes and mayonnaise in a sherry-flavored jelly - when she dined at London's Goring Hotel restaurant.

Others:

King Juan Carlos of Spain appreciates caldereta de langosta (lobster stew) and a leek and prawn pie served with a creamy sauce made from nécoras (small seawater crabs).

King Baldwin of Belgium favorite dish was Brussels sprouts.

Lady Diana's favorite dishes were Bread and Butter pudding and stuffed egg plants, fruits, vegetables, chicken and chocolate.

Well... cheap food for most of them ! :chef:

There's a small cafe in downtown Amman that serves olives, hoummous etc. and King Hussein was said to be a big fan of the simply food there.

Prince Henrik of Denmark eats Dog.:ermm:

No, he doesn''t eat dog. He tried dog when in Vietnam...;)

Queen Elizabeth II quite enjoys the traditional cottage pie, I believe.

Last edited:

I think Charles and Camilla make it a point to eat and drink when the visit a country fair, or an organic food fair, with a view to promoting the produce and appearing more approachable. I think this is all part of the new "packaging" of a less formal and more approachable monarchy.

I can't imagine that any of the royals are very proud of these pictures :p
It's pretty rare to see a picture of someone eating and not looking a bit silly!

Queen Sonja is a very cool grandmother, as it seems. Lovely photos, thanks much for sharing! :flowers:

Queen Beatrix is very fond of Chocolate cake. Every year when she has a birthday she has it made by a bakery in Amsterdam.

Diana liked KFC chicken and KitKat. Queen Mother didn't like salmon.

There's a small cafe in downtown Amman that serves olives, hoummous etc. and King Hussein was said to be a big fan of the simply food there.

Queen Rania likes hummus too. At least she wrote about it in her children's book.

well i know lady Gabriella Windsor hates American food i remember a couple years back she wrote a pretty disparaging article on the subject

i came across a book called dinner at buckingham palace its was based off notes and menus that a charles oliver kept and its quite a good read and its has royal royal recipes in french and all sotrs of quirky stories:)

Interesting. I do know that now it is paramount that no one leave a dinner at Buck with a menu. Aren't all the menus written in French?

i hear King abdulah of jordan love pepsi diet , prince hashem love drink coca cola & doctor pepper :D

Last edited:
hi kitty atlanta all the menus are writtain in french the gentleman charles oliver worked during queen victorias time to the present queen its based on his diaries he amaseed a huge collection and it was made into abook after he died .i belive the menus in back of this book are from queen victorias time and the amount of courses are quite big :) i

HER MAJESTYS DINNER 25th january 1841

POTAGES:a la tete de veau en tortue. de quenelles de volaille au consomme

POISSONS: le saumon a la sauce homard les soles frites a la sauce hollandaise

RELEVES:le fillet de bouf pique braise aux pomme de terre le chapon a la godard
ENTREES: le bord de pommes de terre garni de palais de bouf
le chartreuse de perdrix aux choux. les cotettes d agneau panees
la blanquette de volaille a l ecarlate.les lapereaux sautes aux fines herbes
les petit pates aux huitres
ROTS: les poulets. les faisens
RELEVES: le pudding a l orange. les omlettes souffles
ENTREMETS: le pommes de terre a la strasbourgeoise.les epinards au jus . la gelee de marasquin. les petites talmouses. les feuillantines de pommes . la creme aux amandes pralinees.
BUFFET: roast beef and mutton . bolied round of beef . this is just one of queen victorias dinners from the book dinner at buckingham palace :)

here is queen elizabeth 2nd wedding breakfast menu Royal Collection - A Royal Wedding the queens menu was quite simple this is what they had fillet de sloe mountbatten. peridux en cassrole haricots verts pommes noisettes salade royale. bombe glacee princess elizabeth friandedes .desert .cafe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom