Royals Dancing

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
hope this works its Fred and marys wedding waltz
Hope that helps the person who asked for pics earlier I am delighted with myself for getting it to work. Please message me if it doesnt.

Last edited:
Prince Juan Carlos dancing with Diane of France on July 1960
Laif
Princess Stephanie dancing with Patrick Bruel
Laif
Laif
Laif

Princess Sophia, aged eight, Prince Constantine, aged six, and five-year-old Princess Irene in the gardens of the royal palace.
Scanpix

Last edited:
Are there any specific dancing schools for Royal Princes to attend?
Or would the King hire a dancing instructor to teach ballroom dancing, etc. to his sons?

In The Royal Victorians by Christopher Hilbert, Mr. Hilbert wrote:

On weekday evenings there were card games and dancing which often continued quite as late. Albert Edward, the Prince of Wales was an extremely energetic dancer, urging his partner to let herself go if she seemed too stiff and inhibited, declaring, 'I like to dance to the tune'.

According to the Chicago Tribune June 20,1949:

Twenty princes and princesses and a "sprinkling of Americans feasted on lobster, venison, caviar and salmon," as they danced the night away to the "gayest tunes" at the pre-wedding ball for Princess Cecilie of Prussia and Clyde Kenneth Harrison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do young royals still learn? I imagine at certain events they still have to at least do a passable waltz

I would love to learn all the "classical" dancing... I think young royals area bit awkard whenever thye have to permorm dancing, especially when they open the dances at their wedding... with everybody watching and staring.... I would feel embarassed persnally...

I would love to learn all the "classical" dancing... I think young royals area bit awkard whenever thye have to permorm dancing, especially when they open the dances at their wedding... with everybody watching and staring.... I would feel embarassed persnally...

I don't think the young royals are a bit uncomfortable. Proper dancing is still part of royal parties and part of the young royals (and aristocratic) training.

More royals dancing at Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding (including Edward and Sophie, which surprised me but made me very happy).

Dancing

I don't think the young royals are a bit uncomfortable. Proper dancing is still part of royal parties and part of the young royals (and aristocratic) training.

I don't know.... I have the feeling they get dance lessons only when needed, such as for a wedding banquet...

:previous: Wow, don't they look like they are having a ball. I don't think I have ever seen the Emperor with a smile let alone absolutely beaming at his wife. What is more, they were so light-footed and at ease as they moved around the floor, it was easy to see they were enjoying themselves. It spoke volumes about how often they do in fact, dance.

As to the younger generation, I think dancing is a compulsory subject for all of them, as is the art of making polite conversation. If they debut around eighteen they are expected to dance and make small talk with total strangers.

Somehow I don't think their royal parents subscribe to the old 'chuck 'em in the deep end' School of Dance, after all, who would want their guests sitting beside an inarticulate and socially ignorant young royal and having them dance with someone who only learned the box step for the waltz last week. It would be so utterly mortifying that they would never want to do it again which would be totally counter-productive.

Turning out well-rounded and "finished" young royals, equally at ease in State Dining Rooms and Ballrooms would be a must. Just look at the Swedish debuts at the Nobels, smiling and chatting away and looking quite animated.

Princess Estelle is taking lessons at an exclusive dance school Starting this year.

Back
Top Bottom