Royals Born By Caesarean

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kil

Aristocracy
City
Copenhagen
Country
Denmark
Do you know how royals are born ?

=> by ceasarean ?

=> or normally ?

Catharina-Amalia, normal birth
Willem-Alexander, Constatijn and Johan-Friso: ceasarean
Queen Beatrix: normal
Late Queen Juliana: normal
Princess Diana of Wales: normal
Prince William and Harry: normal
Lady Louise Windsor (daughter of the Wessexs) : ceasarean

Maud Angelica Behn - natural
Princess Ingrid Alexandra - natural
Princess Louise of Belgium- natural
Princess Laeticia of Belgium- natural
Princess Elisabeth of Belgium - ceasarean
Prince Gabriel- natural

Peter and Zara phillips--Normal
Princess Beatrice of York--normal
Princess Eugenie of York--Ceasarean

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark=caesarean
Prince Joachim of Denmark=natural

I read the facts of Frederik and Joachim's birth from QMII's memiors. I don't think there's a more reliable source than their own mother!
As for the others, I am sure that Elisabeth of Belgium was caesarean and her brother, Gabriel, was not.

What about the little princes of Greece ? (Olympia, Constantin, Achilleas, Odysseas, Arrietta & Ana-Maria ?)

The children of Spain ? (Juan, Pablo, Miguel, Froilan & Victoria)

Nikolai and Felix of Denmark ?

:)

The Urdangarin Kids were born by natural part.
Froilan and Victoria de Marichalar born by caesarean.
Arrietta and Ana Maria were born by natural part.

Queen Elizabeth II: ceasarean

Prince Philip: ...on the dinner table

ElisaR said:
Prince Philip: ...on the dinner table
:D Really? Is that universally known?... poor lady :eek:

I think it very much, as with commoners, depend on the situation.

And what about Prince Felipe of Spain? He must have been such a big baby... I meen... LOOONG!:D

Prince Philip

Elsa M. said:
:D Really? Is that universally known?... poor lady :eek:
Yes Elsa, another of the fascinating background stories of Prince Philip. The family were staying at Mon Repos, their house in Corfu; his mother, Princess Alice (aka Andrew of Greece) "was thirty-six and in a high state of nerves from other than natural and immediate causes, and was thought by the doctor to stand a better chance." So on doctor's orders Prince Philip was delivered on the dining-room table.
source: "Philip" by Basil Boothroyd

Queen Elizabeth had all of her children by c-section. And as far as I know all of her grandchildren except Eugenie and Louise were born natually. All of the grandchildren were born in hospitals.

Royals born by Caesarean

I wondered: Which Royal babys have been born by Caesarean?

I just know about Prince Willem-Alexander (*1967) and Infanta Leonor (*2005)! :flowers:

Does anyone know about other Royals?

Regards

Infanta Leonor's eldest cousin Froilan was born through C-section, and so will Princess Kiko's soon-to-be-born third child.

I read that Queen Elizabeth II was born through the same manner, is that true? her granddaughter, Lady Louise Windsor was born through emergency C-section. i can only imagine the scare and the nervousness felt by her parents.:unhappy:

Princess Mathilde gave birth to Princess Elisabeth by caesarian section.

I had read that Queen Elizabeth II had all 4 of her children by caesearean . Princes Charles, Andrew and Edward at Buckingham Palace and Princess Anne at Clarence House. As for her grandchildren all I know is that Lady Louise was born by c-section.

I heard that King Edward 6. was born by c.section too

does anyone know about Prince Friso and Prince Constantijn? did Beatrix gave birth to them by a ceasarean , too?

I'm no expert on births but is there a limit as to how many times you can have a C-section? Is there a time when doctors advise you to do so or???:blush: :D Thanks!

There is no limit to how many you can have. Many times especially in the past once you had one c-section, all of your other children would also need to be born that way, but this does not always happen (Princess Mathilde is a good example)

Current thinking suggests that you wait 18 months between kids, but that is subjective and it doesn't matter how the first baby was born. I think if you had two children close together and the first was caesearan then the second one would be more likley to be born the same way.

Reasons for having a caesearn depend. In some cases the mother requests it, it was very popular in the between 60-80's. Other could be for medical reasons the baby is 'upside down' (Princess Elisabeth along with non royal baby Shiloh Jolie-Pitt) other times labour is progressing to slowly (Infanta Leonor), medical emergency (Lady Lousie Windsor) or high risk pregnancy such as twins (Prince Nicholas and Aymeric)

Last edited:
One of my freinds in Denmark was born by cesarian and her mother was told that she could only have 4 children that way.

betina said:
One of my freinds in Denmark was born by cesarian and her mother was told that she could only have 4 children that way.

Yes that was the reason I'd asked. I thought I'd heard somewhere that women are advised to have only 3 children that way. (But what do I know??) :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply oppie. :flowers:

Wasn't Princess Eugenie born by Ceasarian?

kelly1972 said:
I had read that Queen Elizabeth II had all 4 of her children by caesearean . Princes Charles, Andrew and Edward at Buckingham Palace and Princess Anne at Clarence House.

None of the Queen's children were born by ceasarean...where did you read that?

Not only Froilan but also Infanta Elena's daughter Victoria Federica was born by cesearian.

Back
Top Bottom