The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 08-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,642
But C-section has to be performed in hospital, and all QE,s births were homebirths (all sons in Buckingham Palace, a daugter in Clarence House)

Does anyone know how many royal twins were born naturally:

I remember that the Belgian ones (Nicolas & Aymeric) & the French ones (Luis & Alfonso) were born via C-section, but what about the older ones? (from the previous generation, as to say)

It's supposed that in case of twins, the natural birth of both is possible only when both are in the right position ("heads down")
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-28-2010, 08:19 AM
kathl29's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 448
Although I don't believe that QE's births were caesareans they could have been performed at the palace.

Other serious operations were carried out at the palace prior to this time they set up a room as an operating theatre - ie they brought all the equipment to the palace instead of taking the patient to the hospital.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-28-2010, 08:53 AM
mattep74's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vasteras, Sweden
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by kil View Post
Do you know how royals are born ?

=> by ceasarean ?

=> or normally ?
According to the swedish yearbook Aktuellt från 1977, 1979 and 1982 all three royal kids in Sweden are born normally. Victoria is the only one born in a hospital, Karolinska hospital, since it was Silvias first delivery.

CarlP and Madde are born at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

And in another note: The king missed Victorias birth since he was in another part of Sweden and missed CarlPs since he was on a official visit to West Germany
__________________
-------------------------------------------------
"My feelings are all over the place." Prince Daniel express his feelings after announcing the birth of his daughter Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,642
Madeleine was born in Drottningholm Palace, not in the Royal Palace in Stockholm, like her brother.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Esmerelda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,215
Princess Elisabeth of Belgium had to be born by Caesarian. I read somewhere that the umbilical cord got wrapped around her neck at one point,
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Tsar bobo Iv's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: knoxville, United States
Posts: 249
were all of princess Margaret children born by C-section
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,634
We were just discussing the risk of having a normal delivery after a c-section at work today (I am a midwife), and our Registrar was saying that the risks of having a normal delivery and the uterus rupturing is very limited, as opposed to the risk associated with a subsequent c-section. VBAC (the term used to describe normal births after a c-section) statistics are quite good in a lot of places, I just think that in many of the Royal situations it is perhaps a case of "you have had one before, just have another one incase anything were to go wrong." I read Sophie requested to have another c-section with James, mainly because the situation with Louise was so traumatic she did not want to relive it, and she also wanted Edward to be there. This is quite a common reason for having a c-section (previous traumatic delivery), which is a fair reason as a prior traumatic delivery can severely effect a woman's abililty to bond with their baby.

I also heard that Queen Elizabeth had her children naturally, it was just her mother who had to have c-sections. There were also rumours that the Queen Mother had ferility problems, though I am not sure how concrete those are.

Eugenie was breech, hence why Sarah had a c-section, but she also had scoliosis which perhaps added to the reasoning behind it.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I read Sophie requested to have another c-section with James, mainly because the situation with Louise was so traumatic she did not want to relive it, and she also wanted Edward to be there. This is quite a common reason for having a c-section (previous traumatic delivery), which is a fair reason as a prior traumatic delivery can severely effect a woman's abililty to bond with their baby.
And she was not so young already (nearly 43); it is also a common indication for c-section - older mother, more risk of complications, as I read.
If James had been, for example, her fifth child and all previous four she had naturally, she could have tried to give birth naturally to him, but in her situation...no,no,no. Too risky!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And she was not so young already (nearly 43); it is also a common indication for c-section - older mother, more risk of complications, as I read.
If James had been, for example, her fifth child and all previous four she had naturally, she could have tried to give birth naturally to him, but in her situation...no,no,no. Too risky!
Yes, it is true that a lot of "older mothers" choose to have c-sections as it is deemed to be safer. After the age of 40, one's body does not labour as well as it is essentially "tired". The risk of ending up with an emergency section due to "failure to progress" is considerably higher than say if one was 25. (I hate the term older mother as I do not feel 40 is old, but in terms of procreation anything over the age of 35 is considered old.) IVF is also another reason for c-sections too, which we are to believe James was. (Some articles state he was a natural conception, other state he was IVF. We will never really know.)
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
IVF is also another reason for c-sections too, which we are to believe James was. (Some articles state he was a natural conception, other state he was IVF. We will never really know.)
My mother's friend had IVF and gave birth naturally (Age 34, first child).

More premature babies: Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, Cassius Taylor (although I read in some English newspaper an interview with Lady Helen soon after the birth of Estelle, that she had to have all her children a month early due to some problems with her liver)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...orn-reign.html
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 06-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
My mother's friend had IVF and gave birth naturally (Age 34, first child).
It is rare but it does happen. They often tend to induce IVF babies earlier than other babies, also due to the fact that they are "more precious". I disagree completely with it as all babies are precious, but IVF is treated very differently. This is the norm for the hospital I work at, as well as surrounding areas.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 06-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: City on islands, Sweden
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
It is rare but it does happen. They often tend to induce IVF babies earlier than other babies, also due to the fact that they are "more precious". I disagree completely with it as all babies are precious, but IVF is treated very differently. This is the norm for the hospital I work at, as well as surrounding areas.
In Sweden I would say that the norm is natural births even with IVF babies, but it's true that there are more caecareans and induced deliveries when it comes to IVF babies, the reason is due to the mother's age (older mothers) and as doctors know the pregnancy lenght in an IVF pregnancy and don't want the pregancies be more than 7 days overdue.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
In Sweden I would say that the norm is natural births even with IVF babies, but it's true that there are more caecareans and induced deliveries when it comes to IVF babies, the reason is due to the mother's age (older mothers) and as doctors know the pregnancy lenght in an IVF pregnancy and don't want the pregancies be more than 7 days overdue.
I have read research that Sweden is well known for it's normal delivery rates, much more than the United Kingdom. I would love to visit a Swedish Maternity Unit.

It is true that the main reasons for the increased c-section number is due to maternal age. Women over the age of 40 do not labour particularly well, therefore they are not often given the chance to proceed to a normal delivery as complications occur.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: City on islands, Sweden
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I have read research that Sweden is well known for it's normal delivery rates, much more than the United Kingdom.
In the county where I live 80% of all deliveries were vaginal, 12,5% planned caecareans and the rest unplanned/emergency caecareans in 2011.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 200
Does anyone know about Queen Paola's pregnancies? And Princess Astrid?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101

It is true that the main reasons for the increased c-section number is due to maternal age. Women over the age of 40 do not labour particularly well, therefore they are not often given the chance to proceed to a normal delivery as complications occur.
My mom's youngest brother was born when my grandma was 41, he was full term and I think born naturally. He was the last of my grandparents' 6 children. But my mom was 43 when my youngest brother was born, and she had him C-section 10 weeks early because of placental separation, just like Sophie and Louise. My mom laboured for 30 hours; after feeling her fluid start to leak, she went straight to the hospital after dropping me off at morning kindergarten, and my brother was born the next afternoon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Does anyone know how many royal twins were born naturally:

I remember that the Belgian ones (Nicolas & Aymeric) & the French ones (Luis & Alfonso) were born via C-section, but what about the older ones? (from the previous generation, as to say)
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark delivered her twins, Vincent and Josephine, naturally.
__________________
"Blessed be god, the king, the queen and all our sweet children be in good health."
— Lady Margaret Beaufort, April 1497

Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:20 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,475
I'm not sure whether this is the right thread for my question, but does anyone know how many royal children were born at home? Or are most of them born in hospital nowadays? I think that two of the Behn sisters were born at Martha Louise's and Ari's county residence, but apart from that I'm not sure.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,034
Reaching way back into Scottish royal history, Margery, wife of a Stewart, was delivered of her baby Robert at an abbey near where she fell off her horse while hugely pregnant. She died (probably of blood loss) and a skilled person at the abbey successfully delivered the infant, who later became king.
Margery was the daughter of the famous leader Robert the Bruce. Her husband was one of the "hereditary stewards" who eventually became hereditary kings of Scotland. The kings were elected in those days. Margery's son, born by caesarean, did become King Robert.
I see now that Biri already "announced" this birth in history.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 467
I read in "The Royals" by Kitty Kelley that Charles was born by C-section, and that Elizabeth was under general anesthesia for it. I don't know the reasoning behind it; but the Queen (then Princess Elizabeth) isn't much bigger than me (5'4" vs. my 5'2"), and you try delivering a 7 lb. 6 oz. baby naturally at my size. Also, I am now older than she was when Charles was born (she was 22 years 208 days, and I'm 22 years 219 days). I can't imagine the prospect of having a baby at my age in this decade! I'm waiting a few more years to at least get married, and then I'll think about childbearing (even though I've been fertile for almost 10 years now).
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royals in 'Vanity Fair', 'Vogue', 'Tatler' etc royal_sophietje Royal Library 156 01-31-2014 09:56 AM
What you always wanted to say to "our" Royals: Lena Royal Chit Chat 21 01-24-2011 06:12 AM
Royals and Immunity/Diplomatic immunity Alexandria Royal Ceremony and Protocol 34 05-24-2009 05:10 AM
Royals Split,Divorces sara1981 Royal Life and Lifestyle 15 09-26-2005 12:08 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]