Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely, can’t wait for the game to start!

Lovely to see them both. The end of the second men's semi final is an added bonus. What a great day of tennis for them both.

Meghan looks great. Chic and modern. Glad she brought her trusted hat.

I believe it’s the first time Kate’s attended Ladis’ Single final, no?

Last edited:
Great to see the Duchesses together at Wimbledon today!

Meghan seems rather nervous at some pictures and looks quite a bit older than Catherine (while their age difference is only 6 months). Catherine is really comfortable in her skin and taking the lead. Nive to see them chatting. Who is the woman in pink?

Last edited:
Kate has been a royal for 7 years, a royal patron of Wimbledon and has attended this event for years. I would think that she should take the lead and be comfortable in her skin by now!!!:lol::whistling:

This is the first time that Meghan attends as a royal Duchess with so much attention on her to the point that the crowds were shouting her name when she was walking into the VIP section. Obviously circumstances are different for both women!

Meghan is older than Kate!

Last edited:
Great to see the Duchesses together at Wimbledon today!

I agree. I am REALLY over the way the tabloids and social media have been trying to pit these two against one another from literally Day One.

I knew it would happen but it's still very annoying!:bang:

Last edited:
Meghan seems rather nervous at some pictures and looks quite a bit older than Catherine (while their age difference is only 6 months). Catherine is really comfortable in her skin and taking the lead. Nive to see them chatting. Who is the woman in pink?

I agree.
It's maybe me but i noticed a new confidence in Kate's attitude lately : more mature, more serene, like a calm strength. She's positively royal.

Meghan is still a newbie on the royal stage, and Kate is without a doubt a good model to follow.

I was surprised to hear people call out Meghan's name. I thought that's not done at Wimbledon.

Loved the photos of Meghan and Catherine together, they seem to have gotten on really well (although Meghan seems to get on well with most members of the immediate RF - she just seems to be quite an easy person to talk and laugh with). I was hoping that they would attend a Wimbledon match given Meghan's relations with Serena Williams so it was nice to see them attend today when Serena was playing.

Noblesse et Royautes reports that Maria Olympia of Greece was also watching the match:

Maria Olympia de Grèce à Wimbledon - Noblesse & Royautés

Last edited:
I was surprised to hear people call out Meghan's name. I thought that's not done at Wimbledon.

Yes...that must have been a weird and unnerving experience given that it was her first time attending as a member of the royal family. Comparing today with the last time that she attended Wimbledon as an unknown actress (in the UK)....it must have been a very strange day!

Can I say that I love what appears from all appearances to be a close developing relationship between the duchesses. I hope we see them working together more in the future!

Last edited:
Loved the photos of Meghan and Catherine together, they seem to have gotten on really well (although Meghan seems to get on well with most members of the immediate RF - she just seems to be quite an easy person to talk and laugh with). I was hoping that they would attend a Wimbledon match given Meghan's relations with Serena Williams so it was nice to see them attend today when Serena was playing.

Noblesse et Royautes reports that Maria Olympia of Greece was also watching the match today:

Maria Olympia de Grèce à Wimbledon - Noblesse & Royautés

Lovely dress on Maria Olympia, horrible shoes. What's with all the royal women today. I've hated almost every single shoes they've worn TODAY.

I agree. It's maybe me but I noticed a new confidence in Kate's attitude lately : more mature, more serene, like a calm strength. She's positively royal. Meghan is still a newbie on the royal stage, and Kate is without a doubt a good model to follow.

I've noticed the same thing, and in my view it's with the arrival of Meghan that Kate has really blossomed. :flowers:

There is so much that Kate can (and does of course) help Meghan with, but Meghan herself has qualities that likely buoy Kate. JMO. Mutually beneficial relationship. Nice to see a good sister-in-law relationship developing, with no competition. ;) Kate is doing her thing as the wife of the future PoW and king, and Meghan happily holds back and does her casual thing one step behind.

I didn’t notice any nervousness in Meghan, although I’m sure it’s not lost on her how different her life is and now expectations of her are. She has a tendency to pull back and allow others to do their thing when she’s with other members of the royal family. I saw a little bit of it with the Queen, and moreso today since it’s someone from her own generation.

Both ladies seemed to be in good spirit for the game. And I do enjoy unplanned moments like when they were saying goodbye to each other. As for the age thing, I always thought Kate looked much older than Meghan. It was especially obvious at the Foundation forum event. I will say that Kate looks younger with a little bit more weight on her than before she got pregnant. It does contrast the different styles between the two when they are together.

A little aside: it was reported on SBS here in Australia that from time to time Meghan turned and chatted to Billie Jean King and her partner who were sitting behind the pair in the Royal box.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/kate-meghan-make-a-stir-at-wimbledon

That says to me she's aware of those around her and is relaxed enough in herself to express herself freely as if she were on her own (as she sees is appropriate). She's not at all tied up about herself or her 'status position'. :flowers:

BTW I think Meghan looked lovely, personable and happy and she and Kate looked the same age.

Agree. :flowers: Her outfit worked 100% before but once the hat got put on it was a slam-dunk. Interesting that they left in separate cars. ;) My guess would be Kate went back to KP, and Meghan went to meet up with Harry after his polo gig.

I didn’t notice any nervousness in Meghan, although I’m sure it’s not lost on her how different her life is and now expectations of her are.

Nor did I. :flowers:

She has a tendency to pull back and allow others to do their thing when she’s with other members of the royal family. I saw a little bit of it with the Queen, and more so today since it’s someone from her own generation.

Which makes sense. Perfectly for someone who has 'married in'. We're not seeing a lot of ego of an unhealthy sort from her. Contrary to what some may think, I don't believe Harry's status as a prince was necessarily a draw to marriage for Meghan. I don't think she had an ambition to be royal. JMO. It's come to that but she does not covet the status, position or role except as it allows her to do that work that she and Harry have decided they can do as a couple. JMO. :flowers:

I agree.
It's maybe me but i noticed a new confidence in Kate's attitude lately : more mature, more serene, like a calm strength. She's positively royal.

Meghan is still a newbie on the royal stage, and Kate is without a doubt a good model to follow.

Meghan looked fine to me, but did you think maybe she was simply nervous for her friend? Who was playing one of the biggest matches of her life with a huge amount of pressure? Meghan looked emotional when Serena was doing her court interview. I know I was.

I've been a huge fan of Serena my whole life. Her and her sister inspired me to play tennis. In my area, tennis was only for wealthy and white people. It was an unspoken understanding that black people were just not welcomed. Seeing Serena and Venus break into the international level was so inspiring and gave me the motivation to start finding ways to play which helped open so many doors for me. She has been through so much and Meghan is even more party to all of that than the public.

I don't think Kate is a particularly good or bad model to follow myself. She has her way of doing things, Meghan will have hers.

And I was kind of stunned by the amount of attention on Meghan. Both from commentators and the cameras. I also heard people yell out her name too which was strange. The level of attention that royal women receive is just so freaking intense. It pales in comparison even to A-list hollywood stars. Not an easy life despite the extreme perks and wealth.

Last edited:
I don't think Kate is a particularly good or bad model to follow myself. She has her way of doing things, Meghan will have hers.

That's the way I see it, too. :flowers: This outing demonstrated that: two separate styles but totally otherwise in sync, friendly and happy. Good times. (P.S. I am very happy for Kate, too, that she now has a friend her own age to kibitz with who shares the goldfish bowl experience unique to the royal status. Hard to find someone like that in her position).

And I was kind of stunned by the amount of attention on Meghan. Both from commentators and the cameras. I also heard people yell out her name too which was strange.

Seems what happens whenever someone new marries into the royal family. :flowers: They become a focal point of interest.

Meghan looked fine to me, but did you think maybe she was simply nervous for her friend? Who was playing one of the biggest matches of her life with a huge amount of pressure? Meghan looked emotional when Serena was doing her court interview. I know I was. I've been a huge fan of Serena my whole life. Her sister and her inspired me to play tennis which helped open so many doors for me. She has been through so much and Meghan is even more party to all of that than the public.

And I was kind of stunned by the amount of attention on Meghan. Both from commentators and the cameras. I also heard people yell out her name too which was strange.
THIS. I believe Meghan was also one of the first to stand up and clap for Serena. Those around her followed after she was already standing.

“When Serena Williams met Princess Kate on Thursday, the tennis champ served up the perfect fangirl reaction.

“I’m in the ‘in-crowd’ now – I’m with royalty!” she said in a Snapchat video alongside Kate and fellow royal Sophie, Countess of Wessex.”

The video is in the link

Serena Williams Snaps Hilarious Selfie with Princess Kate: 'I'm in the 'In-Crowd' Now – I'm with Royalty!'

I missed this at the time. It’s from the 2016 semifinals. I saw the still shot but didn’t realise it was a Snapchat

Back
Top Bottom