Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was hoping to see Meghan at Serena’s match. Which got me to thinking...has Harry ever attended Wimbledon?

Harry and Meghan not at Wimbledon today? Why not go when Serena is playing? There is no guarantee she will win today and advance.

Harry and Meghan not at Wimbledon today? Why not go when Serena is playing? There is no guarantee she will win today and advance.

Eh, it's Serena - you can kinda take it to the bank that she'll make it past the lower ranked players in the first two rounds.

It's also that she kinda can't win - the media(aka. the mouth breathers at the Fail) will make a big deal about her supporting 'The American Serena Williams from the (British) Royal Box' one way or another. This way she at least can't be accused of hogging the box for 'selfish' reasons. It's of course ridiculous, but such is life for her (right now, at least).

I am expecting her at 1 of Serena's matches - QF, probably. And at the Edmund vs Djoko match in the next round on the men's side. That way she'll be also supporting a British player. Maybe - maybe - at Konta's match tomorrow, that way she'd see both British players at Wimbledon(yep, that's all we got and Konta is probably not getting though tomorrow, so Meghan going to her game first might actually be the best optic, followed by Edmund and then closing it off with Serena at the QF/SF.)

Unlikely to be any Danish royals at Wimbledon this year as their star player has just been dumped out in the 2nd round.

Nice to see the Kents today - would love to have known what caused the laughs from Frederick and Gabriella Windsor in the Rex gallery!

Prince Michael of Kent on day five of the championships today, July 6:

** Pic **

Per Meghan's Mirror on Twitter:

In a post-match interview, Serena Williams hints that we may see her good friend Meghan Markle at her match tomorrow at 1p.m. Fingers crossed!

and Serena's interview

LaRae

I didn’t take that as a hint that Meghan will be there tomorrow. Rather noncommittal of a comment.

It’s at the very end for those that doesn’t want to sit through the whole thing.

Princess Michael of Kent was seen at Wimbledon today, July 12:

** Pic **

I wonder if the Cambridge’s and Meghan waiting for the finals to attend? They have been rather busy to attend at the moment.

I think William was hoping he would not be available for Sunday’s gentlemen’s final but alas yesterday his Sunday freed up [emoji462][emoji968]

I wonder if the Cambridge’s and Meghan waiting for the finals to attend? They have been rather busy to attend at the moment.

Just announced.

Kate and Meghan will attend Ladies' Singles Finals on Saturday.

William and Kate will attend Gents' Singles Finals on Sunday.

I got ahead of the official announcements...

THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE AND THE DUCHESS OF SUSSEX WILL ATTEND THE CHAMPIONSHIPS, WIMBLEDON

Saturday 14th July 2018

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (AELTC), and the Duchess of Sussex, will attend the Ladies' Singles Final at the Championships, Wimbledon, on Saturday 14th July.

Prior to the start of play, Their Royal Highnesses will meet a number of former Wimbledon Ladies Champions, as well as some of the Championships' ball boys and ball girls, to hear more about their experiences of the tournament.

Just announced.

Kate and Meghan will attend Ladies' Singles Finals on Saturday.

William and Kate will attend Gents' Singles Finals on Sunday.

Part of me LOVES that Kate and Meghan are going together without their husbands, part of me is a little disappointed that Meghan and Harry aren’t attending at some point with the Cambridges.

Part of me LOVES that Kate and Meghan are going together without their husbands, part of me is a little disappointed that Meghan and Harry aren’t attending at some point with the Cambridges.

I don't think I recall photos of Harry at Wimbleton. I don't think that's his thing. As for Meghan, I don't know when the interest started, but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't pay much attention until she had friends in that circle.

Kate and Meghan in the royal box Saturday. Serena in the finals if she wins Friday. That's a ratings draw.

Kate and Meghan in the royal box Saturday. Serena in the finals if she wins Friday. That's a ratings draw.

Serena won her semi final today - Friday is a day of rest. The announcement of Kate and Meghan attending followed Serena's win. I'm not sure Meghan would have gone to the finals if Serena were not playing. I would have expected Kate regardless.

I figured Meghan was waiting until the finals to attend. A little surprised Kate attending the ladies. She doesn't normally but it will be nice to see them together. The media probably giddy with joy. Perfect timing for the Sunday papers.

I think William was hoping he would not be available for Sunday’s gentlemen’s final but alas yesterday his Sunday freed up.

Are you saying William would prefer not to attend? ;) Funny.

More from Serena: 'We’ve always had a wonderful friendship... our friendship is still exactly the same. We have always supported each other and been there for each other through a lot.'

I have the impression Serena is close to being a sister to Meghan. :flowers: Like a very good friend really is.

A nice companion for Meghan for her second event without Harry; first the queen and now the duchess of Cambridge.

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, pays visit to Wimbledon

Back
Top Bottom