Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If only it had helped... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot of royals in the box! Just seen Pippa Middleton there....no surprise she is there.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Duchess of Gloucester, Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and Prince Michael of Kent watch the Men Singles Final

The Beckhams and Samuel L Jacksons are sitting behind them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

And I think that's Rod Laver behind the Cambridges.

That's a lot of royals in the box! Just seen Pippa Middleton there....no surprise she is there.
Nico Jackson, Pippa Middleton, Carole Middleton and Michael Middleton
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/06/1404655695728_wps_34_LONDON_ENGLAND_JULY_06_Ni.jpg

and Bear Grylls(?) behind them

Duke of Kent andd Princess Alexandra
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/06/1404657648621_wps_57_The_Duke_of_Kent_arrives_.jpg
Prince Michael of Kent
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014...ge_galleryImage_Prince_Michael_of_Kent_ar.JPG

The Royal Box
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/06/1404657711773_wps_58_A_general_view_of_the_Roy.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, but who is Pippa that she sat at Royal box at Wimbledon? (I know taht she is a sister of Kate, but... sorry... she is "small" celebrity!)

Pippa and her parents weren't in the Royal Box for today's final. They were in regular seats.

Sorry, but who is Pippa that she sat at Royal box at Wimbledon? (I know taht she is a sister of Kate, but... sorry... she is "small" celebrity!)

I dont think she has been in the Royal Box this yr.

However, the only ways she could be there is by the invitation of the All England Club or if she attended with someone who had an invitation for 2

I believe she and James were in it together last week?

Not that it matters. The royal box has celebrities and lots of others who aren't royals every year. Why not family members of the Duchess?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The first photo of Freddie and Sophie is really sweet.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were gripped with Wimbledon fever this afternoon as they watched Novak Djokovic beat Roger Federer in the men's final.
The royal couple were sitting in the Royal Box with David and Victoria Beckham, as well as a host of Hollywood stars including Bradley Cooper, Samuel L Jackson, Hugh Jackman and Orlando Bloom, as tennis aces Federer and Djokovic battled it out to be crowned king of SW19.
After a gripping and competitive match, which was closely fought, Djokovic was crowned the eventual winner in the fifth set - his second Wimbledon championship win. It means the Serbian reclaims the World No.1 title - overtaking Rafael Nadal - while Federer moves up to third.
The win was watched by countless famous faces including cyclist Sir Chris Hoy and his wife Sarra - who took their seats to watch the Centre Court action from the exclusive royal enclosure - and the Duchess of Cambridge's parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, her sister Pippa and her boyfriend Nico Jackson who were seated in a separate area in the corner of the stands.

She's really getting into it! Duchess of Cambridge is gripped by Federer's titanic battle against Djokovic in the Wimbledon final | Mail Online

All the Middleton's were in the Royal Box last week and I think that's because they were invited and they are the family of Catherine and William.

So are a number of other people in the RB. Get over it.

Right; all sorts of people get seated in the Royal box. At least Pippa has a connection to the RF through her sister.

Quite a collection of royals on mens final day
Princess Alexandra, Duke of Kent, Duchess of Gloucester, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, William and Kate and Freddie Windsor (possible his wife Sophie as well)

Outside of royal box but behind players box were Mike, Carole and Pipps Middleton with Nico Jackson

I believe she and James were in it together last week?

Not that it matters. The royal box has celebrities and lots of others who aren't royals every year. Why not family members of the Duchess?
(...)

Yes, I said about the day, when CPC from Denmark was at Wimbledon!
I agree that athletes should sit in the lodge but some celbrities like Pippa (sorry, but to me she is more a celebrity then Duchess' sister) - big NO! Pippa and her family don't have any sports achievements, medals and they not have the title of "Sir", "lord" or another title like for example David Beckham etc.

Yesterday Cambridge's parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, her sister Pippa and her boyfriend Nico Jackson who were seated in a separate area in the corner of the stands. --> separate area ok.

Pippa, James and C. and M. are family of Kate. In another place - ok, but no in the Royal Box!
It's my opinion...

Last edited:
I don't see why the Middleton's shouldn't be able to sit in the Royal Box. It's not just for athletes or those with titles. Straight from the Wimbledon website.

The Royal Box has been used for the entertainment of friends and guests of Wimbledon since 1922. The Royal Box has 74 seats.

British and overseas Royal Families are invited as well as heads of government, people from the world of tennis, commercial partners, British armed forces, prominent media organisations, supporters of British tennis and other walks of life.

As I posted above, there are all types of people that sit in the royal box. You don't have to be an athlete, or famous or someone important. You only have to be invited by the Chairman of the All England Club.

Last edited:
Pippa and Catherine are tennis players, the family is very close to the Henman's and have been attending Wimbledon for years.
Pippa Middleton's tennis sessions with Tim Henman | Royal | News | Daily Express
I recall seeing Pippa at the French Open a couple of years ago. I see nothing wrong with various Middletons sitting in the royal box on occasion, just as I saw nothing wrong with Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice bringing their bfs to the royal box this year. It's a relaxed venue w/ various members of the royal family, celebrities and their spouses or boy/girlfriends, tennis stars, tennis supporters and miscellaneous other people filling the box. If it was reserved for royals only it would be more than half empty - better that the seats be used, IMO, and I doubt that a Middleton took a seat that a royal wanted when Pippa and James attended an early round match and sat in the royal box.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...tars-tournament-enjoys-celeb-packed-week.html

Last edited:
Pippa even went to the 2012 Us Open as a guest of Roger Federer.

Pippa even went to the 2012 Us Open as a guest of Roger Federer.

That might explain why she and the family were seated directly behind the players box and Federer's team - the seats they were in are often used by players for extra guests particulary on finals day. In fact the seats the Middletons were in this year were used by Andy Murrays mum and family last year on final day. So i could see the Middleton family being there as guests of Roger

Back
Top Bottom