Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This report may be correct but this is the third year that this idea has been reported at this time each year and given that she will possibly be expecting her second child I suspect it is still a few years away from happening, if it ever does.

I believe I spotted the Countess of Wessex in the royal box today watching Bartoli vs Flipkins

Sophie was there yesterday, rare attendance for her.

Spotted Duchess of Gloucester today.

Prince Andrew is also present today.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
The Queen has sent a private message to Andy Murray following his Wimbledon victory.

The Duke of Kent did his usual, spectacular job. He seems to have lost a little weight?

Hardly surprising given his stroke earlier this year.

I thought he looked very well. I was expecting a bit more wane ( understandably so) and while he did look a little thin,he seemed very healthy and engaged.

I should think Catherine will take on the Wimbledon gig when the Duke of Kent passes. Sophie was asked before but she declined, apparently not wanting to be seen copying Diana who was an apparent tennis fan.

Wimbledon want Wessex

I should think Catherine will take on the Wimbledon gig when the Duke of Kent passes. Sophie was asked before but she declined, apparently not wanting to be seen copying Diana who was an apparent tennis fan.

Wimbledon want Wessex

I would not have expected Wimbeldon to have gone to Sophie. I think Catherine will probably the one who will take it on, and run with it for the rest of her life.

I knew it was them! I was sure I saw Fred remove his glasses when they panned over to the Royal Box but I wasn't 100% sure.

I would not have expected Wimbeldon to have gone to Sophie. I think Catherine will probably the one who will take it on, and run with it for the rest of her life.

Obviously at the time they asked Sophie, Catherine wasn't a part of the family, but they also asked Sophie as she met Edward at a tennis match and she and Ed both play tennis as they apparently have their own court at Bagshot. :ermm:

Last edited:
Sophie Wessex is at Wimbledon today watching Alize Cornet and Eugenie Bouchard play.

She has some funky new glasses.

Sophie Wessex

I also noticed Lady Helen Taylor and her husband, Tim at Wimbledon today.

It's good to see so many of the British royals supporting Wimbledon as for so many years it was largely down to the "Kents & Gloucesters". A pity that Kate and William had to witness a huge loss for Murray.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It's good to see so many of the British royals supporting Wimbledon as for so many years it was largely down to the "Kents & Gloucesters". A pity that Kate and William had to witness a huge loss for Murray.

I was thinking that. It's nice to see so many attend and I hope we see more over the next few days and on the finals at the weekend.

With the semi-final line-up now complete, we have the prospect of a Swiss or a Canadian versus a Serb or a Bulgarian in the Gent's singles final and one Czech guaranteed to play the ladies' final against a Romanian or a Canadian.

I suppose Switzerland and the Czech Republic are lost causes for a royal presence, and the Windsors cover Canada but it'd be nice to see Crown Prince Alexander II, Crown Princess Margareta or a member of Tsar Simeon II's family there if Djokovic, Halep or Dimitrov qualify.

with so many royals in attendance I was hoping for a full royal box shot. curious who is next to whom... will and kate, beatrice and dave, Duke Of Kent, Helen Taylor... maybe with her dad?

with so many royals in attendance I was hoping for a full royal box shot. curious who is next to whom... will and kate, beatrice and dave, Duke Of Kent, Helen Taylor... maybe with her dad?
I just went to Getty and looked again. Nope. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom