The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Right; all sorts of people get seated in the Royal box. At least Pippa has a connection to the RF through her sister.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quite a collection of royals on mens final day
Princess Alexandra, Duke of Kent, Duchess of Gloucester, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, William and Kate and Freddie Windsor (possible his wife Sophie as well)

Outside of royal box but behind players box were Mike, Carole and Pipps Middleton with Nico Jackson

Old 07-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I believe she and James were in it together last week?

Not that it matters. The royal box has celebrities and lots of others who aren't royals every year. Why not family members of the Duchess?
(...)
Yes, I said about the day, when CPC from Denmark was at Wimbledon!
I agree that athletes should sit in the lodge but some celbrities like Pippa (sorry, but to me she is more a celebrity then Duchess' sister) - big NO! Pippa and her family don't have any sports achievements, medals and they not have the title of "Sir", "lord" or another title like for example David Beckham etc.

Yesterday Cambridge's parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, her sister Pippa and her boyfriend Nico Jackson who were seated in a separate area in the corner of the stands. --> separate area ok.

Pippa, James and C. and M. are family of Kate. In another place - ok, but no in the Royal Box!
It's my opinion...
Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't see why the Middleton's shouldn't be able to sit in the Royal Box. It's not just for athletes or those with titles. Straight from the Wimbledon website.

Quote:
The Royal Box has been used for the entertainment of friends and guests of Wimbledon since 1922. The Royal Box has 74 seats.

British and overseas Royal Families are invited as well as heads of government, people from the world of tennis, commercial partners, British armed forces, prominent media organisations, supporters of British tennis and other walks of life.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

As I posted above, there are all types of people that sit in the royal box. You don't have to be an athlete, or famous or someone important. You only have to be invited by the Chairman of the All England Club.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
I am disappointed with Princess Michael's appearance. She decided to wear too many pieces of jewellery at once.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Nobility

Pippa and Catherine are tennis players, the family is very close to the Henman's and have been attending Wimbledon for years.
Pippa Middleton's tennis sessions with Tim Henman | Royal | News | Daily Express
I recall seeing Pippa at the French Open a couple of years ago. I see nothing wrong with various Middletons sitting in the royal box on occasion, just as I saw nothing wrong with Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice bringing their bfs to the royal box this year. It's a relaxed venue w/ various members of the royal family, celebrities and their spouses or boy/girlfriends, tennis stars, tennis supporters and miscellaneous other people filling the box. If it was reserved for royals only it would be more than half empty - better that the seats be used, IMO, and I doubt that a Middleton took a seat that a royal wanted when Pippa and James attended an early round match and sat in the royal box.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...cked-week.html
Old 07-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Serene Highness

Pippa even went to the 2012 Us Open as a guest of Roger Federer.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Pippa even went to the 2012 Us Open as a guest of Roger Federer.
That might explain why she and the family were seated directly behind the players box and Federer's team - the seats they were in are often used by players for extra guests particulary on finals day. In fact the seats the Middletons were in this year were used by Andy Murrays mum and family last year on final day. So i could see the Middleton family being there as guests of Roger