The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge arriving at Wimbledon earlier today.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 07-13-2019, 02:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Itís amazing how the royal box has completely emptied after the ladies final.

Thereís about 6/7 people in there currently watching the menís doubles.

The Duke of Kent is also in attendance today with Catherine and Meghan.
It was time for tea, sandwiches, Pimm's and strawberries. At the moment the royal box is full again to see Nicolas Mahut and …douard Roger-Vasselin from France playing Juan Sebastian Cabal and Roger Farah from Colombia.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Wimbledon today

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...of%20Cambridge

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Wimbledon.html

Video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1150375077151744002

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent with Lord and Lady Frederick today

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...95?s=2048x2048
https://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...c0a&m=nbmdegkg
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...c0a&m=ijpfpfbe

Duke of Kent

https://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...c0a&m=ogodphoe
Old 07-14-2019, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a video of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Wimbledon today

HRH The Duchess present Novak Djokovic with his trophy.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...19%20Catherine

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 07-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Here's a video of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Wimbledon today

It's funny that the Duke and Duchess obviously were teased a little bit over their color coordination.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:08 AM
Majesty

Stan Smith Giving The Duchess Of Cambridge a signed baby shoe at #Wimbledon* today, (probably for Prince Louis) 😭💗

https://twitter.com/acupofanna/statu...100057601?s=21
Old 07-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a brilliant Wimbledon it has been for Royal appearances, weather and of course the tennis - fantastic menís final. Nice to see the Duchess presenting the trophy.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice to see so many royals supporting Wimbledon. Out of interest did The Duchess present both trophies? I had heard on some coverage that she was going to present the runner up with his and the Duke of Kent would present the winners? No biggie just wondered.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Nice to see so many royals supporting Wimbledon. Out of interest did The Duchess present both trophies? I had heard on some coverage that she was going to present the runner up with his and the Duke of Kent would present the winners? No biggie just wondered.

DOCa presented both trophies.

Zenouska Mowatt was at Wimbledon today as well.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:33 PM
Majesty

The winner made a most courteous bow to the Duchess indeed.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
That would have been a great way to do a slow handover. The duke of Kent presenting the trophies to the winners of the various finals and the duchess of Cambridge presenting the trophies to the runners-up. Not sure though that both of them were also present at the doubles finals.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
That would have been a great way to do a slow handover. The duke of Kent presenting the trophies to the winners of the various finals and the duchess of Cambridge presenting the trophies to the runners-up. Not sure though that both of them were also present at the doubles finals.
Yes I thought Kate doing the runner up and the Duke of Kent the winner would have been much better. The Duke is the President of Wimbledon and the Duchess is only patron notwithstanding the Duke's decades of support. I don't know who made the decision about what happened today but I really didn't feel all that comfortable with it I'm afraid.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I found the decision to have Kate present the trophies today strange as she had stayed in the royal box yesterday for the ladies final and not presented a trophy.

It would have been better if she and the Duke of Kent had came down onto the court on both days with Kate presenting the runner up trophy and the Duke the winners trophy.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I found the decision to have Kate present the trophies today strange as she had stayed in the royal box yesterday for the ladies final and not presented a trophy.

It would have been better if she and the Duke of Kent had came down onto the court on both days with Kate presenting the runner up trophy and the Duke the winners trophy.
I totally agree with you. The Duke is President of the All England Club and it's not just a title. He has worked tirelessly for nigh on 50 years in that capacity and I felt a little embarrassed for him today. I know an old little known royal isn't as glamorous as Kate and that the media have been champing at the bit for her to do the presentation for quite a few years now but the royal family don't tend to work like that and I thought that day would only come once the Duke had retired from his role. I never ever expected Kate to present the trophy ahead of him on Centre Court and, as I said, I felt the whole thing came across as a bit rushed, unnecessary and, dare I say it, disrespectful. The Duke is most likely an old fashioned gentleman so I'm sure he wouldn't make a fuss but I just don't know why Kate did the presentation today when he is still active in the role. JMO
Old 07-14-2019, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royals at Wimbledon

I think the fact that they shared the role with the Duke giving the ladies and the Duchess giving the menís was fine. Iím sure the decision to involve the Duchess was done very amicably. President and Patron - I canít imagine they are hung up on the idea of there having to be a monopoly of who should perform this happy task.
Edited to say the Duchess of Kent used to present the ladies trophy and the Queen as a Patron famously presented it to Virginia Wade, so nothing strange or odd.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I think the fact that they shared the role with the Duke giving the ladies and the Duchess giving the menís was fine. Iím sure the decision to involve the Duchess was done very amicably. President and Patron - I canít imagine they are hung up on the idea of there having to be a monopoly of who should perform this happy task.
The Duchess of Kent always presented the ladies trophy and the Duke the mens so even that would have made more sense with regards to him and Kate this year, but again, JMO.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:12 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Alexandra of Kent also was in the royal box.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...royal-box.html
Old 07-15-2019, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

And the Earl and Countess of St Andrews were sitting next to The Duke of Kent.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:58 AM
Gentry

Iím glad that the reign of the Brooksí is over at the All England Club. Letís hope the new chairman doesnít continue disgracing the Royal Box with upstarts, wanna-be celebrities and nobodies from nowhere. Put Royal back into the Royal Box!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Edited to say the Duchess of Kent used to present the ladies trophy and the Queen as a Patron famously presented it to Virginia Wade, so nothing strange or odd.

I totally agree with you. Royal roles keep evolving all the time with older royals handing off their roles to younger generations.

Catherine seems to be very thoughtful and full of grace. Honestly, since becoming a royal, I have never seen her trying to upstage anyone or make any situation about her. So I don't believe she will demand to present the trophy unless Duke of Kent asked her to do so.