The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2018, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I’ve explained the mistake above; no need for the aggressive capitalisation of “today”. All is fine now.
No need to be aggressive as I was not referencing that. My "today" reference if you read my comment was to the royal women of that particular day wearing shoes that I didn't like, i.e. CP Victoria, Princess Sofia and Marie Olympia.

I didn't even realise it was a different day.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
...But who is the lady in the green lace dress? And can anyone identify the person wearing the very unusual dress (peach trimmed with hot pink caterpillars) sitting just above Williamís left shoulder? Thank you.

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/the-...singles-final/
I believe the person in the green lace dress can be seen besides the royals when there are videos that have been posted showing them congratulating winners. I have no clue of what her name is but I'm assuming she has some kind of an important role with Wimbledon.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-15-2018, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Royals at Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
No need to be aggressive as I was not referencing that. My "today" reference if you read my comment was to the royal women of that particular day wearing shoes that I didn't like, i.e. CP Victoria, Princess Sofia and Marie Olympia.

I didn't even realise it was a different day.
I did read your post thoroughly or as much as I could. Just because I misinterpreted something doesnít mean I didnít read it. It can happen to all of us.
My reply was not meant to be aggressive and it would have been ironic if it was. I was only trying to interpret your response since you had quoted my post and I was trying to make sense of the situation.

I never mean to come across as aggressive, due to my past Iíve always felt the need to defend myself because I was always unable to in real life. Many people have been offended and accused me of being rude, aggressive or uppity (all negative words used about me on the forum) but that honestly saddens me as I donít mean to be. I just use my words strongly because now Iím in a position where I feel like I can actually speak up but often much of this is misinterpreted since tone can be difficult to read online. Aggressiveness is not my intention as I donít want this to be a negative place when itís meant to be a getaway for many people like myself.
I apologise to you and anyone else whom I have offended for my tone as it wasnít the original intention of many of my posts at all. I want this to be an enjoyable place for us all and I donít like posting in this manner either, but sometimes I just feel compelled to. I hope you will read this and understand.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
...But who is the lady in the green lace dress? And can anyone identify the person wearing the very unusual dress (peach trimmed with hot pink caterpillars) sitting just above Williamís left shoulder? Thank you.

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/the-...singles-final/
Tha lady with the green lacy dress is Gill Brook wife of Philip Brook chairman of Wimbledon

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id999420968
Old 07-15-2018, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Tha lady with the green lacy dress is Gill Brook wife of Philip Brook chairman of Wimbledon

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id999420968
Thank you!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-15-2018, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Princess Michael of Kent wear hats in the royal box. The Queen wore a hat when she was last at Wimbledon. Hat wearing isnít a big deal there.
Duke of Kent in the Royal box was wearing a hat to shade the sun during the mixed doubles final today. The box had pretty much emptied out, and he slipped in.