Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well you can’t doubt her enthusiasm for tennis. We know she enjoys playing the game. She’s also been in regular attendance in previous years, even perhaps restricting the number of times she attended in the early years in case she came in for criticism for spending too much time watching tennis! I agree that there may be a specific reason for her no show during the first week.

The ongoing discussion about certain members of the Royal Family not attending this year's Wimbledon has been removed as speculative and off-topic, this thread is about those royals who actually attend the matches. Thank you for your understanding!

Prince Michael of Kent spent his 80th birthday today, July 4, at Wimbledon together with his daughter Lady Gabriella:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

The Duchess of Cambridge's brother James with wife Alizee attended as well:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Lady Gabriella looks lovely and that is the great actor Sir Ian McKellen sitting next to them.

The Duchess of Cambridge's parents Carole and Michael attended again today, July 5:

** rex gallery **

Business as usual. All’s right with the world!

Last edited by a moderator:
And nice to see them go over to Court 1 to support Cam Norrie. Hopefully they'll be there for his SF on Friday.

Whole Belgium was looking to our David Goffin playing Court 1.... Norrie is the Winner but I saw when during the Match when he lost the Duke of Cambridge was not that happy.

Whole Belgium was looking to our David Goffin playing Court 1.... Norrie is the Winner but I saw when during the Match when he lost the Duke of Cambridge was not that happy.

It was an exciting, close match. I think the shots of both the Duke and Duchess showed they were fully involved - sometimes frustrated and sometimes elated, just like the rest of us. They were certainly pleased with the result.

:previous:

And the Duchess of Gloucester as well as the Earl of St Andrews.

Last edited:
Seated behind Beatrice and Edo are James and Julia Ogilvy with their son Alexander.

The Duchess of Cambridge, as patron of All England Lawn Tennis Club has arrived at Wimbledon for the Ladies' Single Final between Elena Rybakina and Ons Jabeur.

Wimbledon @Wimbledon
A warm welcome to our Patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge
#Wimbledon | @KensingtonRoyal
10:06 PM · Jul 9, 2022·Twitter Web App​

Duchess Kate steals the show at Wimbledon final - best photos
The Duchess is a vision
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...middleton-steals-show-wimbledon-live-updates/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know why there appeared to be no lovely bouquets that the ladies finalists used to have as they walked on court ?

At a quick guess, someone's claimed that it was sexist. They've redone the honours board so that all the female champions are now just listed as S Graf, M Navratilova, etc, rather than as Miss or Mrs, and the flowers may have been done away with for the same reason. Just guessing, though.

Does anyone know why there appeared to be no lovely bouquets that the ladies finalists used to have as they walked on court ?

Equality. Or perhaps just health and safety over potential allergies. I mean it was a bit…oh sweet…to give the women and not the men flowers. Same for both.

At a quick guess, someone's claimed that it was sexist. They've redone the honours board so that all the female champions are now just listed as S Graf, M Navratilova, etc, rather than as Miss or Mrs, and the flowers may have been done away with for the same reason. Just guessing, though.

I'll stick my neck out and say some nutter banned it.

Today, July 10, the men's finals take place at Wimbledon.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with Prince George, Prince and Princess Michael of kent, Lady Gabriella with husband Thomas, Lord and Lady Frederik Windsor are attending:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George arriving at Wimbledon today.

So lovely to see George there. He seems to be really into it, as well.

Prince Michael of Kent and Lord Frederick Windsor attended day one of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships today, July 3:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Michael of Kent and Lord Frederick Windsor attended day one of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships today, July 3:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

You can always count on the trusty old Prince of Kent to bring some old world charm to the proceedings at the All England Club.

Back
Top Bottom