The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2017, 06:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
You're joking, right? She's wearing a pretty black and white summer outfit and she looks wonderful ... perfect outfit, perfect hair, she looks 20 years younger than her age. Nothing "dark and somber" about Sophie, in my book.
Hmmm, sometimes Sophie looks nicely put together, other times she looks like she needs a stylist helping her. And this is one of the latter times. What she's wearing looks like its for colder weather, although the dress might be made of lightweight fabric, the look and style doesn't suit her at all. The dress has too much black in it, especially with the black long-sleeved jacket. It doesn't suit her coloring.

If the dress shape was slimmer and the jacket white, she might look better. But why isn't she wearing a brighter shade altogether? What Sophie is wearing makes her look dowdy, IMO.

Meghan Markle wore a black wrap dress last year at Wimbledon, but it had a flattering style and looked suitable for hot weather.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
The Duchess of Kent
Search for Editorial Photos - WireImage United Kingdom[775001838]&ep=1/60/1&s=3

She is back! Wonderful lady!

Old 07-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Majesty

King Juan Carlos at Wimbledon today to see the spain's Garbine Muguruza to win the title

http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...239&m=pnpogpep
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...239&m=ocllmlao

The Duke of Kent give her the trophy

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/8961981

not Royal but one of my favourite tennis players

http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...239&m=enkbockj
Old 07-15-2017, 12:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Hmmm, sometimes Sophie looks nicely put together, other times she looks like she needs a stylist helping her. And this is one of the latter times. What she's wearing looks like its for colder weather, although the dress might be made of lightweight fabric, the look and style doesn't suit her at all. The dress has too much black in it, especially with the black long-sleeved jacket. It doesn't suit her coloring.

If the dress shape was slimmer and the jacket white, she might look better. But why isn't she wearing a brighter shade altogether? What Sophie is wearing makes her look dowdy, IMO.

Meghan Markle wore a black wrap dress last year at Wimbledon, but it had a flattering style and looked suitable for hot weather.
That particular day at Wimbledon was not hot, at all. Black and white is a wonderful color combination and not "dowdy" at all, imo. But, if you didn't like what the Countess wore, that is just fine. You have a right to your opinion.

Also, I don't give a toot what a C-list, basic cable actress wears to Wimbledon. Thank you very much.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Nobility

It's considered bad form to wear bright colors in the Royal Box at Wimbledon. It can distract the players, as the box is highly visible from court. So black and white is a perfect combination.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
It's considered bad form to wear bright colors in the Royal Box at Wimbledon. It can distract the players, as the box is highly visible from court. So black and white is a perfect combination.

I have never heard of this. Over the years, many of the Royal ladies have worn pretty summer colours - just look back through the pictures in this forum, and former champions,such as Billie Jean King, regularly sit in the Royal Box wearing bright hues. None of these esteemed folk seem to be aware it is 'bad form'.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

There's royals violating that 'no bright hues' policy then....google royals at Wimbledon...lots of color.

LaRae
Old 07-16-2017, 06:59 AM
Majesty

Tatiana Santo Domingo at her friends in the Wimbledon before some days

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWfMaLil...geniagaravanni
Old 07-16-2017, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
The only time I have been to Wimbledon and sat next to the Royal Box all the women were in bright colours - Kate stood out in red of course - but they were all in quite bright colours.

If this is the stated 'form' then it is breached way more often than followed.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

A lot of Windsors in the royal box today. William, Kate, Prince and Princess Michael, Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra I spotted. Lord and Lady Frederick are also there.

Does anyone know why Kate has a bow on her dress? Is it something to do with Wimbledon?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:12 AM
Serene Highness

Is this King Constatine in the third row?
https://twitter.com/Wimbledon/status/886573329653616640
Old 07-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
A lot of Windsors in the royal box today. William, Kate, Prince and Princess Michael, Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra I spotted. Lord and Lady Frederick are also there.

Does anyone know why Kate has a bow on her dress? Is it something to do with Wimbledon?
Might have something to do with her being Patron, as in this picture the gentleman to her right is wearing a purple and black one.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE29UlBXUAAeaiD.jpg

Here's a lady wearing one as well;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE28xnVWsAAVVe4.jpg:large
Old 07-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Do you think Juan Carlos had a chance to meet privately with the Queen while he was in London ? That would be awkward considering that, just the day before, when bidding farewell to King Felipe, the Queen asked him to send her love to his parents !

Is the Queen even in London BTW over the weekend ?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Do you think Juan Carlos had a chance to meet privately with the Queen while he was in London ? That would be awkward considering that, just the day before, when bidding farewell to King Felipe, the Queen asked him to send her love to his parents !

According to photos taken yesterday the Queen is at Windsor. She was seen riding with Louise and Edward yesterday.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

She is in Windsor riding;
The Queen is seen riding at Windsor Castle with the Royals | Daily Mail Online

Somehow I don't think Juan Carlos just turned up on the day, and Felipe may have already known his father was arriving.

Lord and Lady Frederik Windsor: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...0206559314.jpg
Old 07-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Is this King Constatine in the third row?
https://twitter.com/Wimbledon/status/886573329653616640

No, that's not him.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post

I have also spotted the Earl of St. Andrews and his wife and the Duchess of Gloucester in the Royal Box.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
I have also spotted the Earl of St. Andrews and his wife and the Duchess of Gloucester in the Royal Box.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE29oSkXUAAxKV9.jpg

Here they are
Old 07-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the bow means a member of the All England Club but I'm not positive. I thought that's what they said on ESPN
Old 07-16-2017, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The whole Middleton family is there as well. The place is packed with well known faces.

A.W. TOZER