Royals & Wine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducii

Nobility
City
--
Country
Czech Republic
I am looking for informations which wines are royals drinking... by that I mean which companies supply them etc. I was searching the official websites, but if there is a list of royal warrants, there are not any information, what they supply. Is there any wine we can truly call "royal" (now or in history)? Or it is known that this royal prefer that wine company? Thanks everyone for help with some suggestions of companies.

This might not be exactly what you're looking for but I find it pretty interesting. In 2008, it was reported that Prince Charles has converted his Aston Martin to run on wine. :D

Prince Charles' car runs on wine - CNN.com

I don't know ANYTHING about wine. But I saw in a documentary that Buckingham Palace has a whole wine-cellar with alot of vintage (do you even say that about wine?) wines. It even had it's own person in charge of it. So I assume they have alot of fancy and old wines there. I don't know if they have a royal supplier of wine or anything like that. But that might give you something to start searching on :)

Last edited:
Berry Bros. and Rudd in St James's, London holds the Royal Warrant and continues to supply wine to the BRF as it has done since 1760.

There are no suppliers of wine, beer or tobacco that holds a Royal Warrant here in Sweden, there is a company, Spendrups, that makes beer, but they only hold the Royal Warrant for their mineral water. Kunglig Hovleverantör - Historik

I don't know how the Swedish court gets their supply of wines, whether they buy from the Systembolaget (the government owned chain of liquor stores) or if they import wines through some company that has the right to import liquors.

There are no suppliers of wine, beer or tobacco that holds a Royal Warrant here in Sweden, there is a company, Spendrups, that makes beer, but they only hold the Royal Warrant for their mineral water. Kunglig Hovleverantör - Historik

I don't know how the Swedish court gets their supply of wines, whether they buy from the Systembolaget (the government owned chain of liquor stores) or if they import wines through some company that has the right to import liquors.
That makes sense.

I don't know ANYTHING about wine. But I saw in a documentary that Buckingham Palace has a whole wine-cellar with alot of vintage (do you even say that about wine?) wines. It even had it's own person in charge of it. So I assume they have alot of fancy and old wines there. I don't know if they have a royal supplier of wine or anything like that. But that might give you something to start searching on :)

Almost all royal and republican heads of state have a wine cellar and a sommelier. Recently the Palais de l'Élysée sold very exceptional wines from the cellars.

Almost all royal and republican heads of state have a wine cellar and a sommelier. Recently the Palais de l'Élysée sold very exceptional wines from the cellars.
As I said, I know nothing about it so just repeated what I heard :) But that seems very "reasonable" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom