The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 08-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Ducii's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: --, Czech Republic
Posts: 320
Royals & Wine

I am looking for informations which wines are royals drinking... by that I mean which companies supply them etc. I was searching the official websites, but if there is a list of royal warrants, there are not any information, what they supply. Is there any wine we can truly call "royal" (now or in history)? Or it is known that this royal prefer that wine company? Thanks everyone for help with some suggestions of companies.
__________________

__________________
Ducii
http://monarchie.blog.cz
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 12,938
This might not be exactly what you're looking for but I find it pretty interesting. In 2008, it was reported that Prince Charles has converted his Aston Martin to run on wine.

Prince Charles' car runs on wine - CNN.com
__________________

__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
I don't know ANYTHING about wine. But I saw in a documentary that Buckingham Palace has a whole wine-cellar with alot of vintage (do you even say that about wine?) wines. It even had it's own person in charge of it. So I assume they have alot of fancy and old wines there. I don't know if they have a royal supplier of wine or anything like that. But that might give you something to start searching on :)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,867
with some googling:
the dutch royal family uses for instance this company for their wines
De Bruijn Wijnkopers
translation

also a wiki list of suppliers of various goods to various royal families:
https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijs...ofleveranciers
translation

i assume there are many many more, i know nothing about wine myself, but maybe this'll give you a start with where to look..
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 169
Berry Bros. and Rudd in St James's, London holds the Royal Warrant and continues to supply wine to the BRF as it has done since 1760.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: -, Antarctica
Posts: 1,272
There are no suppliers of wine, beer or tobacco that holds a Royal Warrant here in Sweden, there is a company, Spendrups, that makes beer, but they only hold the Royal Warrant for their mineral water. Kunglig Hovleverantör - Historik

I don't know how the Swedish court gets their supply of wines, whether they buy from the Systembolaget (the government owned chain of liquor stores) or if they import wines through some company that has the right to import liquors.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
There are no suppliers of wine, beer or tobacco that holds a Royal Warrant here in Sweden, there is a company, Spendrups, that makes beer, but they only hold the Royal Warrant for their mineral water. Kunglig Hovleverantör - Historik

I don't know how the Swedish court gets their supply of wines, whether they buy from the Systembolaget (the government owned chain of liquor stores) or if they import wines through some company that has the right to import liquors.
That makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I don't know ANYTHING about wine. But I saw in a documentary that Buckingham Palace has a whole wine-cellar with alot of vintage (do you even say that about wine?) wines. It even had it's own person in charge of it. So I assume they have alot of fancy and old wines there. I don't know if they have a royal supplier of wine or anything like that. But that might give you something to start searching on :)
Almost all royal and republican heads of state have a wine cellar and a sommelier. Recently the Palais de l'lyse sold very exceptional wines from the cellars.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-14-2015, 06:59 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Almost all royal and republican heads of state have a wine cellar and a sommelier. Recently the Palais de l'lyse sold very exceptional wines from the cellars.
As I said, I know nothing about it so just repeated what I heard :) But that seems very "reasonable" :)
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wine wineyard suppliers


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Royals Want Non-Royals To Know? Freedom Royal Chit Chat 17 04-29-2015 06:44 PM




Popular Tags
belgian biography british royal family ceremony clothes corruption current events daughters de belgique denmark documentary duchessofcambridge duchess of sussex dutch royal family earl of wessex extramarital affairs fashion forum friendly city genetics germany gordon greece harry headship history infanta cristina interesting facts jacobite juan carlos king felipe king felipe vi lady louise mountbatten-windsor lineage meghan markle member porphyria prince harry prince harry of wales prince laurent princenapoleon princess beatrice princess claire princess eugenie princess of belgium queen elisabeth queen elizabeth queen letizia queen mary of teck remarriage royal royal ancestry royal family royal geneology royal ladies royal wedding sarah duchess of york savoy saxony siblings state visit swedish royal family tiara tom bower tradition van belgi wedding wedding of prince harry windsor windsor castle



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises