The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I read somewhere once that the Luxembourg royals were the second wealthiest Europeans royal family...

but whoa go King Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz Alsaud of Saudi Arabia who's net worth is $25 billion!

Old 01-22-2005, 03:44 AM
Courtier

haha forbes is for gold diggers

Old 01-22-2005, 03:58 AM
Heir Apparent

muhahahahaha i'm sure some money driven girl is going through the list hunting for a husband now :P
Old 01-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that Queen Beatrix is one of the wealthiest in terms of liquid assets.

While Queen Elizabeth is wealthy in the sense that she owns many valuable items such as art work and the like.

I think King Juan Carlos is one of the least wealthiest of the reigning royals.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

I think the Dutch Royals are the richest. They have considerable interest in Royal Dutch Shell, KLM Airlines and a number of other huge Dutch conglomerates.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Courtier

I think it's hard to estimate exactly how wealthy these royals are, simply for the fact that a lot of those figures are ballpark estimates by some random accountant at Forbes. Plus, many non-liquid assets are included in these estimates, like art collections and jewelry.

One thing's for sure- it ain't the Windsors. :)
Lollies!
-Kara-
Old 01-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
I think the Dutch Royals are the richest. They have considerable interest in Royal Dutch Shell, KLM Airlines and a number of other huge Dutch conglomerates.
According to this article from BCC News, Forbes magazine greatly overestimated the net worth of the Dutch royal family. While the family is very rich, they are not the richest family in the world.

Article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3014110.stm
Old 01-22-2005, 07:22 PM
royal_lady

What about the Royal Family of Luxembourg? I read somewhere their fortune is $ 5 Billion. I was sure the Luxembourg Royals are the richest. Do not quote me on this. I'm yet not too sure.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Nobility

I saw that too...and, what about Monaco? It´s been said that Prince Rainier has a fortune of U$ 6 billion...
Old 01-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Courtier

From MSN Money [not exactly reliable, but eh, what is?] [all estimates given in GB pounds (£)]:

The Liechtenstein royal family is in first place, estimated at £3.3 billion.
The Luxembourg royal family comes in second place with approximately £3 billion.
Then follows the Windsors with £2.4 billion.

The rest of the royals are not ranked, save for the fact that the Norwegian royal family is the "poorest", with assets worth only £90 million.

Now. Included in these estimates is everything associated with these families- art collections, jewelry, cash and investments, non-state maintained properties [like summer homes and ski chalets] and whatnot. These figures are not what they have in the bank.
As far as that goes, however....

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands is named as the wealthiest reigning monarch, with a reported fortune of £1.2 billion. [Former] Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg follows her with £800 million, and then comes Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein with £540 million.

And, Nathalian, Prince Rainier of Monaco has an estimated €1.7 billion fortune, of which very little is actually liquid [ie, cold hard cash]. A lot of his worth comes from investments, I believe.

Hope this helps a little. :)
Lollies!
-Kara-
Old 01-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Gentry

Question Rich List

I wanted to know if one of you guys can generate a list of European Houses (include the non ruling houses too...) from richest to the poorest.... thank you
Old 01-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think the Danes are so well off.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Neither are the Norwegian royal family. I think their fortune is a small two digit million Norwegian Kroner. The Queen do have some artwork and an appartment (she inherited it from her mother). The other members of the royal family (that being CP Haakon and Princess Märtha Louise) have inherited some money from late King Olav and other family members.

They "rent" the palace, Skaugum (I think) and other mansions around Norway from the state and get an "allowance" from the state for their daily run of the Norwegian Royal family, Inc So they are in the bottom league in the royal fortune list, but they have enough money to put food on the table and some more!

Please correct me if I'm worng!
Old 01-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
Thank you so much for the article! It was very, very interesting reading!
Lollies!
-Kara-
Old 01-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Gentry

GRF wealth

does any know how much the GRF are worth now minus miller $$$.... I heard that they got some money from greek gov't....

thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

liechtenstein royals are the wealthiest ones followed by luxembourg's, then british royals and then the dutch royals. among the poorest, norway and spain.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens
does any know how much the GRF are worth now minus miller $$$.... I heard that they got some money from greek gov't....

thanks
Why would they get money if they are not in power?
Old 01-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Why would they get money if they are not in power?
There was a matter of the properties in Greece, which was brought up in a court. The court ruled that the Government of Greece would have to pay the Royal Family money for the properties.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikkiB
Neither are the Norwegian royal family. I think their fortune is a small two digit million Norwegian Kroner. The Queen do have some artwork and an appartment (she inherited it from her mother). The other members of the royal family (that being CP Haakon and Princess Märtha Louise) have inherited some money from late King Olav and other family members.

They "rent" the palace, Skaugum (I think) and other mansions around Norway from the state and get an "allowance" from the state for their daily run of the Norwegian Royal family, Inc So they are in the bottom league in the royal fortune list, but they have enough money to put food on the table and some more!

Please correct me if I'm worng!
Skaugum is actually the Royal Family's personal property if I recall correctly (http://www.kongehuset.no is down at the moment so I can't check it there.). It was given to Crown Prince Olav and Crown Princess Märtha as a wedding present. There was some "problems" when the current Crown Prince took over, because of the size of the farm it was his older sister who, by law, should have been offered it first. (Odel-law.)

But anyway.... Norwegian Royal family is probably amongst the poorer of the ruling families of Europe. Queen Maud got a fair share of inheritance from her father, but since King Olav had three children, that inheritance has been separated a few times.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Aristocracy

Did Martha-Louise make any money from her CD or children's book? She must have some serious cash stashed away if these sold well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Skaugum is actually the Royal Family's personal property if I recall correctly (http://www.kongehuset.no is down at the moment so I can't check it there.). It was given to Crown Prince Olav and Crown Princess Märtha as a wedding present. There was some "problems" when the current Crown Prince took over, because of the size of the farm it was his older sister who, by law, should have been offered it first. (Odel-law.)

But anyway.... Norwegian Royal family is probably amongst the poorer of the ruling families of Europe. Queen Maud got a fair share of inheritance from her father, but since King Olav had three children, that inheritance has been separated a few times.