The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-28-2009, 03:49 AM
Courtier

I'd say the British Royal Family mainly because they seem to get the most attention worldwide when it comes to ceremony and weddings.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would have to say the British Royal Family or the UAE royal families.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:37 AM
Aristocracy

British Royal family-the most famous and richest family in the world!
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 09-28-2009, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_93 View Post
British Royal family-the most famous and richest family in the world!
The BRF certainly isn't the richest in the world
Old 09-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Courtier

If you count Crown estates, Crown jewels (including their historical value), properties and everything the Monarchy owns, they’d probably be the richest.
In terms of personal fortune, British Royal Family is not even in the Top 5.

The richest Royal Families are those of Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Dubai and UAE (Abu Dhabi). King Bhumibol of Thailand was I think last years richest Royal (although when it comes to Royal Families, not individual Royals, Saudi Arabia, Brunei, Dubai and UAE still beat Thailand).
In Europe, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg's Families are also richer than the British one. In terms of individuals, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands is ‘worth’ more than Queen Elizabeth as well.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

BZ.de is reporting that there will be no salary increase for King Juan Carlos, because of the financial and economic crisis:

Google Übersetzer
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

ok,it's probably possible,but they are the most famous,aren't they?
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 12-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
I think most reigning royal families are tad bit jealous over the fact that the Grimaldis pays no tax and wish it was them in that situation. Its not like the normal work horse that has to pay taxes-- the royals pay in the thousands of dollars per year on their income! I just veiwed a documentary call the " THE MONARCHY" it is stated that the Windsors is obessed over finances
The Queen and The Prince of Wales VOLUNTEERED to pay taxes. They did not have to do anything. The late Queen Mum paid no taxes either. Although you are right other junior royals in that family have to pay taxes.

And in most countries in the constitution the monarch (King and Queen) are never required to pay taxes. Only other members of their families. So I don't think the monarchs are jealous. But some of the other members of the family may be angry they have to pay taxes. But that's life. Move out of the country if you don't like it.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Which is the richest royal family in Europe?
Old 12-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm not sure, but I guess the Dutch Royal Family or the Liechtenstein Princely Family...
Old 12-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ what about the Luxembourg family? isn't their personal family fortune in the billions?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:43 AM
Courtier

does anyone have the list of the richest european royals?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Commoner

Royal expenditure

I tried to find a thread relating to this but I had no luck. I was wondering if any had a list of expenditure for each of the monarchies in Europe? For comparison I mean.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
No there is no list. But the Luxembourg royals, Monegasque (Monaco) royals, and the Liechtenstein royals are said to be some of the richest. Worth billions! So it is between the three. The British royal family are poor compared to those families I have just named. The richest royal families however are all outside of Europe. When European royalty became constitutional monarchs they lost some of that great wealth. Although, they're all still considered to be wealthy compared to you and I. LOL
Old 07-21-2010, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm not sure of it, but it seems to me that Forbes has also a list of the richest royals.
Among the European royals, the richest are indeed Liechtenstein (about 3.2 billion Euros), Monaco and Lucxembourg.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
Wikipedia has a list of the top 15 richest.
List of the richest royals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I didn't know the Dutch RF is the owner of Shell.
Wikipedia reports 200 million dollars as the net worth of this House; is it possible that this datum is incorrect? I ask because some time ago I read somewhere (but I can't recall where exactly) that the wealth of the Dutch RF is about 4.5 billion dollars; can someone help me to clarify?
Old 07-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This is where the info comes from and the list is update every year..
The World's Richest Royals - Forbes.com
Old 07-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've always thought that the Saudi family is the richest of the royals... I forgot about the royals of Brunei & Thailand
Old 07-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

People think the Brits are the richest Common mistake They're wealthy The Asian Monarchies are wealthier