Royals & Musical Instruments

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BrazilianEmpire said:
Empress Michiko of Japan is a great pianist.

Princess Amélia of Brazil also plays the piano.

Prince Rafael of Brazil plays guitar.

Princess Maria Gabriela of Brazil is gifted musician, she plays various intruments.

Princess Anne played the oboe when she was at boarding school, but she had to give it up because her teeth got in the way! (I thought that was quite funny; I played the clarinet for 6 years from grades 6 to 12 (age 11 to 17) and never found it a problem.) She also sang in the school choir (as did I when I was that age) and as well did fencing, ballet, lacrosse, tennis, badminton, volleyball, drama and of course horseback riding. When I was in my first year of college in 2009, I went to a lot of the varsity home games. I also participated in Wednesday noon hour activities in the gym; like basketball, dodgeball, shoe-tossing, etc, as well as Monday night intramural volleyball. Needless to say, I got the school spirit award at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Princess Aiko of Japan plays the piano and violin.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden, The Duchess of Gastrikland and Halsingland is an excellent pianist

Last edited:
Princess Anne played the oboe when she was at boarding school, but she had to give it up because her teeth got in the way! (I thought that was quite funny; I played the clarinet for 6 years from grades 6 to 12 (age 11 to 17) and never found it a problem.) She also sang in the school choir (as did I when I was that age) and as well did fencing, ballet, lacrosse, tennis, badminton, volleyball, drama and of course horseback riding. When I was in my first year of college in 2009, I went to a lot of the varsity home games. I also participated in Wednesday noon hour activities in the gym; like basketball, dodgeball, shoe-tossing, etc, as well as Monday night intramural volleyball. Needless to say, I got the school spirit award at the end of the year.
My first college roomate introduced herself by way of saying she was a music/oboe major and that oboists went mad because of the ENOURMOUS pressure it took to play the instrument built back into the brain. It was like - "Hi, watch me go off top dead center." I am sure Anne had a far better intro line at school. ;)

King Henry VIII of England owned and played a vast number of musical instruments.
These instruments were:
78 Flutes
76 Recorders
10 Trombones
14 Trumpets
5 Bagpipes

:tudorrose:

King George III of Great Britain played the harpsichord and the flute.

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::britflag::britflag::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Juana (Joanna) of Castile, the daughter of Queen Isabella I of Castile and King Ferdinand V of Aragon, played the clavichord.

Prince Heinrich of Prussia, the brother of Wilhelm II, played the violin.
His wife Princess Irene of Hesse played the piano.

Prince Frederick Louis, the Prince of Wales, who was the son of King George II of England, played the cello.

Felice Pasquale Bacciochi, the husband of Elisa Bonaparte, was a most enthusiastic violinist.

In Royal Life magazine, it was written:

Prince William (of Cambridge) said: "I used to play the piano, trumpet and drums when I was your age, but I couldn't read music."

I did not know that Prince William could not read music.

Queen Victoria of England played the piano.

Prince Constantine-Alexios of Greece playing the piano.

King Edward II of England liked the organ, giving one as a present to his sister Princess Mary. He also had an organ installed at his residence of Langley.

Do you know of any Royals who would be singing in the choir?

I don't know about a choir but princess Christina and princess Alexia of the Netherlands definitely sing.

Duke Georg Alexander of Mecklenburg-Strelitx (1859-1909) was a skillful cellist.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge played the piano.

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe is a jazz pianist.
His friend Prince Karl Friedrich of Hohenzollern is a saxophonist.

Queen Marie Henriette of Belgium played the piano and the harp.

Duchess Marie-Amelie of Wurttemberg (Baroness Franz-Ferdinand von Feilitzsch) is a violinist.

Back
Top Bottom