Royals and Dentistry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire

Heir Presumptive
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Royals that Wear Braces

We were discussing this on the Princess Eugenie thread, and it was suggested that we continue the discussion elsewhere.
We know that Princess Eugenie wore braces, as did Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex.- but what about other royals?

Didn't Prince Harry wear braces? They should have done something with Willliam's teeth.

lallyvee said:
Didn't Prince Harry wear braces? They should have done something with Willliam's teeth.

I think William's teeth were capped.

Prince William and Zara wore braces.

I just wish Princess Anne....and even worse off, Lady Sarah Chatto, would have been given braces.

Their overbites are horrible..especially Sarah's. Her teeth are totally uneven, the poor lady.

why do they still put those awful braces on ppl when we now have the invisilyns? they are the clear things you put on your teeth that straighten them just like braces but are faster at doing it and not as bulky and tacky.

my brother had braces also because his teeth got in wrong piece of front and the Dentist give him braces more worth by $2,000 for braces! and my cousin also had braces after my brother.and my Aunt had braces when she was grew-up and her adult also they pass to my cousin.

i never had braces in my life but my teeth looks nice and my dentist says my teeth looks so perfect!

Sara Boyce

Braces are for cool people :p

lamass said:
why do they still put those awful braces on ppl when we now have the invisilyns? they are the clear things you put on your teeth that straighten them just like braces but are faster at doing it and not as bulky and tacky.

I think invisilines are more geared for older teens and adults. Younger children usually aren't responsible enough to keep them in when they hurt. Normal braces aren't bad...Invisilines aren't necessarily faster. They have SPEED braces now, they're the kind I have. They're not tacky, unless you get gold braces or something. Most braces allow you to get elastic bands with lots of different colours. Speed braces usually have a "power" band that goes on the top and bottom, so, I guess you could have 2 colours every month. My friend had a different type of braces where the individual brackets each had a different band, and thus, potentially, a different colour.

Have you ever had braces? It sounds like a somewhat ignorant thing to say. :( "Bulky and tacky"...I have braces, and I don't think they're very bulky or tacky. :) Invisilines are a lot more complicated because you'd have to get new ones every month or so. I assume it'd cost more and traditional braces would be a lot easier.

Lady Marmalade said:
Prince William and Zara wore braces.

I just wish Princess Anne....and even worse off, Lady Sarah Chatto, would have been given braces.

Their overbites are horrible..especially Sarah's. Her teeth are totally uneven, the poor lady.

That's too bad about Sarah and Anne. :( Would you happen to have any pictures? Or a link where I could see some?

Re:

I don't think we Brits care too much about dental hygiene. The teeth-whitening sensation seems to have passed completely and although I had it done, I was lucky because I never wore braces but my teeth a quite straight apart from a bit of an over-bite. I call it my Princess Anne mouth and just remind myself to avoid a bouffant.

BeatrixFan said:
I don't think we Brits care too much about dental hygiene. The teeth-whitening sensation seems to have passed completely and although I had it done, I was lucky because I never wore braces but my teeth a quite straight apart from a bit of an over-bite. I call it my Princess Anne mouth and just remind myself to avoid a bouffant.

i dont using braces in my life! but my teeth looks so straighten! and my brother had braces because his teeth got wrong by his front teeth and my Aunt also had braces when she was grew-up they pass to my cousin have braces also.

Sara Boyce

moosey60 said:
I think invisilines are more geared for older teens and adults. Younger children usually aren't responsible enough to keep them in when they hurt. Normal braces aren't bad...Invisilines aren't necessarily faster. They have SPEED braces now, they're the kind I have. They're not tacky, unless you get gold braces or something. Most braces allow you to get elastic bands with lots of different colours. Speed braces usually have a "power" band that goes on the top and bottom, so, I guess you could have 2 colours every month. My friend had a different type of braces where the individual brackets each had a different band, and thus, potentially, a different colour.

Have you ever had braces? It sounds like a somewhat ignorant thing to say. :( "Bulky and tacky"...I have braces, and I don't think they're very bulky or tacky. :) Invisilines are a lot more complicated because you'd have to get new ones every month or so. I assume it'd cost more and traditional braces would be a lot easier.
I had braces for 3 years. I got them on when I was 12 and they came off when I was about 15. The cost was around $3500.00 Cnd and that was 15 years ago. It was the best gift I ever received from my parents!!! I cried, kicked and screamed when they put them on because I thought they were sooo tacky & how am I supposed to have my first kiss, blah blah blah... but when they came off my teeth were stunning and still are. Now whenever I see someone with braces I'm so happy for them. Whatever someone feels the look like the end result is what counts. I'll tell you I don't feel that they are bulky or tacky, I think that they are a luxury & anyone who can afford them is very lucky!

i have had retainers from the age of 7 to around 10 then i had braces from 10 to 12. i don't have bad teeth but i have a unusually small mouth and they finally gave up on making my mouth bigger and just pulled alot of teeth. i thought of them (retainers, braces) as bulky but that was a good while ago too. with retainers you had a big piece of plastic in the roof of your mouth while braces you have them on each tooth at times and that was very bulky. i did not mean any offense but from my own experience they were bulky and tacky.

$3500 Cdn? Mine were $3800 Cdn, mind you, my orthodontist's a slacker. Lol, all my friends have had her...mostly because she's the cheapest orthodontist around town. Hehe.

Prince Carl-Philip wore braces not long ago

Which Royals wore(wear) braces?

Post pictures of Princess Eugenie in braces

Last edited:
I'm tellin you royals are like us even they have messed up teeths.

BeatrixFan said:
I don't think we Brits care too much about dental hygiene.

I tend to agree with this. All of my British friends have had work done on their teeth AFTER they have relocated to the States. They say that serious dental work in Britain is more costly than here, where alot of insurance companies will cover it (except braces, which is considered cosmetic). I've also met alot of Brits who have terrible teeth, and yet these are educated people with good jobs, good hygeine and otherwise regular lives. So maybe it's just not a priority over there. I remember reading an interview about Elvis where he was talking about having met the Beatles (at the height of their fame) and how he was appalled by their teeth. He said for guys who had as much money as they did, he didn't understand how they could not get their teeth "done."

Didn't Pierre Casiraghi have braces? For some reason I remember seeing a picture of him with braces (but I could be wrong).
I know, as an option a while ago, you had the choice to put your braces on the back side of your teeth. I don't know if they still offer that, so maybe many royals had braces & we never knew

moosey60 said:

Royal Teeth

Royal Teeth:In that Prince Felipe and Prince Amedeo look rather smashing with braces.

teethspiritTerrance

I know Prince William wore braces there's picture of him in William and Harry by Ingrid Seward.

Lady Sarah Chatto, Viscount Linley, Princess Elizabeth (Queen Margrethe's first cousin), and Princess Ragnild of Norway all needed braces and never got them. I am not trying to sound cruel...but check out their overbites. It is so noticeable on all of them, you cannot help but stare. Even Princess Anne could have used them.

Lady Jennifer[QUOTE said:
Didn't Pierre Casiraghi have braces?

I do not know about Pierre, but Charlotte did wear braces.

I don't mean to be rude, but I keep seeing pictures of some royals that would greatly benefit from dental whitening (Queen Sofia, Queen Margrethe).

They are most of the time in front of the public eye and a healthy smile is part of an overall good presence.

I just wonder what you all think about this subject.

I think Queen Sofia did have her teeth whitened in the past as they don't seem as 'yellow' as they did...
I'm sure Queen Margrethe's teeth are like that because of smoking. Though some people are not blessed with good teeth in general :wacko:

Oh you have touched my heart as this is my proffesion, in the dental field.
The Queens mother Elizabeth had very unasthetic teeth, even as a young Duchess of York, she never fully smiled and I noticed her teeth were not so nicely coloured and shaped. I find it amazing, as there is so many dental options today with lazer and implants and surgeries why would anyone with the income of a monarch or prince not fix their teeth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom