Royals and Charity Work - Quality and Quantity

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sara1981

Heir Apparent
City
North Little Rock
Country
United States
i thought about Royals been patrons or president of Red Cross.

Princess Diana been good work of Red Cross if she is Patron or president of Red Cross.

if Royals have patrons or president of Red Cross in countries please post pictures.

Sara Boyce

Royals Ballet Patron? or President?

im sure about Royals who been attend Ballets? if Patrons or President?

Princess Diana really like watch rehearsals because she is popular Princess you know she is patrons of ballets they later till she died Prince Andrew got patrons for Princess Diana.

Countess of Wessex is Patron? for Ballet she attend watch rehearsal ballet since she was little girls.

if you have post pictures of Princess Diana and Countess of Wessex at ballet as Patrons or President.

please post all Royals who been attend Ballets as Patrons or president

i remind i read books or computer Princess Margaret attend Ballet because she is Patrons also.

Sara Boyce

I know that Queen Elizabeth II is the Patron of Red cross UK.I read it from the Royal Monarchy Page.

I think that Princess Astrid of Belgium is the President of the Belgian Red Cross

Edit:
I'm sure now:

La Princesse Astrid est présidente de la Croix-Rouge de Belgique depuis 1994, succédant ainsi à son père.
From Monarchie.be

The, King Albert II, also was president of the Belgian Red Cross.

Last edited:
royal_sophietje said:
Princess Margriet is it for the Dutch Red Cross.
Prince Henrik is the president for the Red Cross in Denmark and CP.Frederik is Patron for it.

Prince Charles is also patron of Red Cross in England i think so

Sara Boyce

Not Patron or President, but...

Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnusson of Sweden was the working Chairman of the Swedish Red Cross 1993-2001, and member of the Standing Comission of the Red Cross and Red Crescent in Geneva 1995-2003.

King Carl XVI Gustaf is the Protector of the Swedish Red Cross.

Queen Sonja of Norway was sitting as vice-president of the Norwegian Red Cross. And she is still involved in the United World Red Cross College in Norway.

sara1981 said:
Prince Charles is also patron of Red Cross in England i think so

Sara Boyce
I have just read on the Prince of Wales's website,it's right that Prince Charles is President of British Red Cross since 13th Feb 2003.
I think Princess Diana used to be British Red Cross Patron, wasn't she?
And i also found out that Queen Elizabeth II is also Patron of The British Red Cross Society and The Australian Red Cross Society.But the Patron and the President,who is higher, can anyone tell me?
Thanks,

Last edited:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
I have just read on the Prince of Wales's website,it's right that Prince Charles is President of British Red Cross since 13th Feb 2003.
I think Princess Diana used to be British Red Cross Patron, wasn't she?
And i also found out that Queen Elizabeth II is also Patron of The British Red Cross Society and The Australian Red Cross Society.But the Patron and the President,who is higher, can anyone tell me?
Thanks,

I'm not sure about the difference between patron and president. The president is the head. I think the patron holds an honorary position, he/her is a kind of supporter of the organisation. :confused:

Princess Benedikte of Denmark is a patron of "The Royal Danish Ballet's Friends"

Josefine said:
and what about norway is it sonja
No. As far as I can see, none of them are involved with it at all, at least not directly. I can't find a list over Princess Astrid's, though.

It seems that the Norwegian national ballet falls under the Norwegian Opera, which is one of Sonja's protectorates.

yes i was looking though the site but could not find any patronchip over the ballet the same goes for sweden

Royals and their charity work

There seems to be so much made of the royals and the charity work they do, or lack of it according to some that feel they are not doing enough.

My questions to all of you that have a problem with what they are doing. Do you do charity work in your own community? If not, how come you can condemn someone that is at leasting trying to do something to help others. Why do you feel like what they are doing is not meant for the good of the charity they are trying to help? Their presence, or endorsement brings many dollars and recognition to these diseases.

There was a question on why CP Mary was smiling at a cancer event. Being a cancer victim/survivor I do not think smiling is wrong to do. We are not dead, we just have cancer. We still enjoy smiling and laughing. Cancer is not our entire life. Just a small blip in our life plans.

There has also been questions on how they dress for the events they attend. I find it wonderful of them to support and endorse these events. I am sure they will dress how they feel it is necessary for whatever event they are attending. Seeing Mary playing with the kids and having a good time is not in anyway out of line. She needs to be applauded for her time and effort in helping others. She dressed down for the kids. For the other events she dresses how a royal princess supporting her country should dress supporting a charity or foundation she believes in.

dee4855 I think this debate is needed. I agree that for some reason, a few people feel that they can condemn while not actually knowing the percentage of time and effort that a royal puts into their charity work. I personally do quite a bit of volunteering which was preached into me by parents. Quite a good bit of this work is done on the phone, studying the actual charity (to see if I agree with their philosophy, etc.) before getting involved and driving to meetings. Found that there are quite a few that sounds really good but just politically correct silliness.

I have to feel that Mary (and others) think long and hard before taking on something. They will be the one that others come to see and by being there more money can be generated.

I do believe that there are just some royals that others are just jealous of and no matter what they might do, it will never be enough. I don't understand the reaction, especially someone from another country. That royal can't possibly be of any significance to their life, so why the envy?

There seems to be so much made of the royals and the charity work they do, or lack of it according to some that feel they are not doing enough.

There was a question on why CP Mary was smiling at a cancer event. Being a cancer victim/survivor I do not think smiling is wrong to do. We are not dead, we just have cancer. We still enjoy smiling and laughing. Cancer is not our entire life. Just a small blip in our life plans.

There has also been questions on how they dress for the events they attend. I find it wonderful of them to support and endorse these events. I am sure they will dress how they feel it is necessary for whatever event they are attending. Seeing Mary playing with the kids and having a good time is not in anyway out of line. She needs to be applauded for her time and effort in helping others. She dressed down for the kids. For the other events she dresses how a royal princess supporting her country should dress supporting a charity or foundation she believes in.

Great thread! And I agree with you on the post that was made about Mary smiling at a cancer event. I was recently diagnosed with cancer and had major surgery last month. I have done enough crying over this and love to be able to smile and laugh. Good to see Mary doing it as well at this event! I also do volunteer work at schools and church and support orphanages in Haiti.

Great thread! And I agree with you on the post that was made about Mary smiling at a cancer event. I was recently diagnosed with cancer and had major surgery last month. I have done enough crying over this and love to be able to smile and laugh. Good to see Mary doing it as well at this event! I also do volunteer work at schools and church and support orphanages in Haiti.
Emmily, I hope that you keep smiling through all your illness. Laughter is a wonderful healer.

Emmily, good luck honey with your battle. If you need an ear I am here for you. Just send me a PM. I do charity work too and love it. Of course what I do is nothing compared to what CP Mary does. There is nothing better than to give back to someone else. My all time favorite is Special Olympics. I do so adore those kids. The younger ones and the older ones. My hubby and I support many animal charities. Sadly I cannot work at them or we would have a house full of animals.

Last edited:
Thank you Winnie and dee4855. My prognosis is good, but it is beyond terrifying to get that call from the dr. Yes, laughter is the best medicine. One's mental outlook is key. Thanks again for the well wishes!:flowers:

Dee4855 and Emmily good luck to both of you. Keep your chins up and your hopes high. I agree with everything that has been said above.

Dee4855 and Emmily good luck to both of you. Keep your chins up and your hopes high. I agree with everything that has been said above.

Thank you so very much for your kind wishes.:wub: My heart goes out to Emmily just starting her battle. It will be OK darlin just keep that faith and laughter and know there are so many that care!:flowers::wub:

Dee and Emmily, may the two of you be strong and brave. Odette said everything that I would have said and I agree with her. Keep your heads up.

I don't mean to sound incredibly insensitve, and believe me I feel bad for requesting this, when it comes to people living with Cancer (my mother had Ovarian Cancer and many of my relatives had other forms of Cancer as well. Unfortunately, they all lost their battle with this horrific disease); however, I believe we should try re-focus on Dee's main question at hand: Royals and their charity work as well as your own contributions.

Thank you.:flowers:

I love the ASPCA. I've seen some cases of animal abuse and it breaks my heart there are people out there doing such horrendous acts of cruelty to such innocent creatures. It makes me so angry!!:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Back
Top Bottom