Royal Women: More Popular?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why any spouse of Victoria would be called Crown Princess Consort - surely the Swedish court could draw in experience from similar situations in Denmark, UK and the Netherlands? Granted, neither Margrethe or Elizabeth were ever titled Crown Princess, but the situations aren't that far removed from Victoria's.

Of course, what happens in Sweden, will most likely form a precedent for what will happen in Norway when the time comes for Ingrid Alexandra, and her compatriots in Europe to marry, so it is an interesting discussion.

Perhaps he could be styled Duke of Västergötland, after all Victoria is the Duchess there.

pollyemma said:
Perhaps he could be styled Duke of Västergötland, after all Victoria is the Duchess there.
I think it is a good idea, just like prince Philip from UK who mostly known as Duke of Edinburg.

pollyemma said:

Well, I think that would be a good solution! I personally would be scared away by something called the Crown Princess Consort. What an awful title! :eek:

no real man would be willing to put up with that. I'm sure he'd put his foot down.

after reading all your comments, i will start thinking we girls and ladies are much more interesting :p

pollyemma said:
no real man would be willing to put up with that. I'm sure he'd put his foot down.

Why can't you be a "real man" and accept the position as husband to a queen? I think it may be hard for weak males with a lot of self-doubts, but if you are a "real man" with a strong sense of self-confidence you'll be able to deal with being second fiddle only.

well the second fiddle part is fine. it's the "Crown Princess Consort" part that is going too far.

pollyemma said:
well the second fiddle part is fine. it's the "Crown Princess Consort" part that is going too far.

Okay, I see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom