The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent

i don't think maxima, mary or letizia will become more popular than diana. diana is the person everyone refers to when thinking about royalty, although she passed away.

lots of people say "idols die young": many of the popular and famous people around the world died at a young age and that's what determines who is a myth in my opinion. diana was a myth. i highly doubt any of the princesses now will become as popular as diana was.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-23-2005, 05:16 AM
Nobility

A girls dream?

Well, almost every girl dreams about being a princess, she wan't to meet "her Prince" (on a white horse ) and live in a castle, staying happy for all her life. But boys dream aren't the same. Even though small boys reads or listning to tales about the 'prince who save the princess' he still don't wan't to be a prince and his dream, when growing older, is'nt about one princess... ! A boy's choice is rather policemen, firemen, agents, sportsmen and girls, lots of them. Perhaps we also knows it's difficult being among men trying to discus Royals.:o And among women it's a common conversation talking about Royal events.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i don't think maxima, mary or letizia will become more popular than diana. diana is the person everyone refers to when thinking about royalty, although she passed away.

lots of people say "idols die young": many of the popular and famous people around the world died at a young age and that's what determines who is a myth in my opinion. diana was a myth. i highly doubt any of the princesses now will become as popular as diana was.
Same opinion with carlota too, i also think Princess Diana is really popular and she is still now, it seems the whorld love her.She is absolutely really great Lady, i think Mary, Maxima or Letizia would be much-loved Princesses now, but their popular can not be compared to Diana.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
Another reason why royal women get more attention is the fact that they wear dresses! should .
Completely true.

I my opinion (and I may be completely off track) is that most of the interest from royals across globe is generated by women for women within the gossip magazines, I suppose coming from the little girls dream of becoming a princess and this is then carried into adult life through women's interest in royalty, and generally royals lifestyles and a major thing in a women's life is fashion and the fashion of royaltly is one thing that is so notably different compared to a 'commoner' and so the attention is paid to the women by their fashion with the side notes of the event/work they where doing. In comparison the men's work isn't as reported or noticable I think because their is no desire of women to spend time obsessing over his clothing or pining over some prince because typically they are married.

Hope that made sense.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Nobility

I think that the women are more popular because they represent the fairy tale. They
get engaged and they become princesses. We get to watch the transformation ie through the engagement and wedding. An example being when sarah married andrew
she wore flowers over the tiara and when she left the church we could see the tiara. That to me marked the fairy tale transormation she was then royal.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

so is it just that women get more attention? what do you think it will happen when victoria, for example, marries her future husband?
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Victoria will still get the attention. She will be the first female Swedish monarch in her own right. She's also very poised and pretty. Trust me, whoever her husband will be, he'll be in her shadow whether or not it's done on purpose.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:47 AM
Nobility

Agree! Crownprincessconsort??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
Victoria will still get the attention. She will be the first female Swedish monarch in her own right. She's also very poised and pretty. Trust me, whoever her husband will be, he'll be in her shadow whether or not it's done on purpose.
I'm sad to say I do agree with You! Prince Henrik of Denmark and many other males who have been married to the head of state (rouling Queen) have had big problems.

About CP Victoria and Mr. Daniel Westling Aftonbladet an Expressen (Swedish papers) states Daniel will not be titeld "Prince". He will be titeld "The Crownprincessconsort"!!! What a word!!!??? To stand this as a male he must be quite a man! Let's hope papers are wrong for God's sake!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
I'm sad to say I do agree with You! Prince Henrik of Denmark and many other males who have been married to the head of state (rouling Queen) have had big problems.

About CP Victoria and Mr. Daniel Westling Aftonbladet an Expressen (Swedish papers) states Daniel will not be titeld "Prince". He will be titeld "The Crownprincessconsort"!!! What a word!!!??? To stand this as a male he must be quite a man! Let's hope papers are wrong for God's sake!
the crown princess consort. oh my gosh!!!! that can't be possible. he's a human being!

i agree that Victoria will continue to get the most attention when/if they become engaged. after all, we know he'll wear a suit to the wedding but she will wear a fancy white dress and hopefully the same lovely crown her mother wore.

In all seriousness though, I wouldnt put it past victoria to wear the four button tiara to her wedding!
Old 10-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Nobility

I think victoria will be the one that is talked about. And her husband only when the press needs something negative.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Crown Princess Consort?! Haha - what a wussy title! =)
Old 10-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't see why any spouse of Victoria would be called Crown Princess Consort - surely the Swedish court could draw in experience from similar situations in Denmark, UK and the Netherlands? Granted, neither Margrethe or Elizabeth were ever titled Crown Princess, but the situations aren't that far removed from Victoria's.

Of course, what happens in Sweden, will most likely form a precedent for what will happen in Norway when the time comes for Ingrid Alexandra, and her compatriots in Europe to marry, so it is an interesting discussion.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps he could be styled Duke of Västergötland, after all Victoria is the Duchess there.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
Perhaps he could be styled Duke of Västergötland, after all Victoria is the Duchess there.
I think it is a good idea, just like prince Philip from UK who mostly known as Duke of Edinburg.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well, I think that would be a good solution! I personally would be scared away by something called the Crown Princess Consort. What an awful title!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

no real man would be willing to put up with that. I'm sure he'd put his foot down.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

after reading all your comments, i will start thinking we girls and ladies are much more interesting :P
Old 10-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

????? no comprende
Old 10-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
no real man would be willing to put up with that. I'm sure he'd put his foot down.
Why can't you be a "real man" and accept the position as husband to a queen? I think it may be hard for weak males with a lot of self-doubts, but if you are a "real man" with a strong sense of self-confidence you'll be able to deal with being second fiddle only.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

well the second fiddle part is fine. it's the "Crown Princess Consort" part that is going too far.